PDA

View Full Version : Help me transform!

BritC
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I am currently 5'4 and weigh 157 lbs. I have never done any weight training but want to enter a competition. (i recently lost 30lbs but want to get cut and tone) So i just have a few questions on how long i should workout a day? Also, what protien is best for women (one thats healthy with not all this added sugar) Are there any beneficial suppliments? what does a basic meal consist of?

Zero_Degreez
11-30-2009, 11:40 AM
I am currently 5'4 and weigh 157 lbs. I have never done any weight training but want to enter a competition. (i recently lost 30lbs but want to get cut and tone) So i just have a few questions on how long i should workout a day? Also, what protien is best for women (one thats healthy with not all this added sugar) Are there any beneficial suppliments? what does a basic meal consist of?

If you're new to weight training, you could try a full body workout three times a week. Start off with light weights until you know what you are doing. Try and learn form for the three main compound lifts: squat, deadlift and bench press. You shouldn't need to train for longer than 45-90 minutes per session (maybe more if you include cardiovascular).

Get your protein from clean sources, such as lean meat (chicken, turkey), fish, cottage cheese, eggs and lean red meat.

You won't need any supplements at this stage.

Eat healthy, balanced meals consisting of healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, nuts, oily fish), complex carbohydrates (brown rice, wholemeal bread, sweet potato) and protein. Get plenty of vegetables.