PDA

View Full Version : looking for a workout partner in Terre Haute, IN

sjk4272
11-28-2009, 08:54 AM
A few years ago, I ballooned from 125 lbs to 180lbs. I won't bore you with how that happened, but it did and at the time, I had little control over it.

Prior to this, I was very active and healthy. Going to the gym was my social life along with playing with my nieces and nephews-softball, four-wheeling, touch football, shopping..

But, I have been struggling to lose that weight since early 2008. I weight 162 now, but I have been as low as 145. It seems like an insurmountable amount of weight to lose and I am totally struggling!!!

I have tried exercising solo, weight watchers and workplace contests. It all works short term, but I fail because I need a lifestyle change. I need help starting out, finding a gym and meeting other people with healthy lifestyles. I am so embarrassed about how out of shape I am. I am afraid to join a gym alone because I am so ashamed of how unfit I have become.

I know this sounds like a sad plea for help out of despiration, and it is!! All the other areas of my life are happy and satisfying. I love my family, my friends, my job and my co-workers. When I can lose this weight and be healthy again, I will feel successful in all aspects in my life.

So if someone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I have a positive attitude, I will work hard and I want to achieve success so I can inspire others. I believe life is about appreciating what you have and giving what you can. I just need a hand to get started.

Thanks!!