PDA

View Full Version : Starting Second Cut...Need Advice

EnRiCH
11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
So I cut for the first time last January to about Mid September of this year before starting to bulk because I felt I looked ill. I def know I didn't go about it the right way the first time as far as calories were concerned as I started at 1800 and dieted at that amount from 289 lbs to 193 lbs. During that cut I lost a ton of weight but I also sacrificed a lot of muscle in the process as all of my lifts dropped. I went from benching 225x12 to 185x10. This was partially from the total glycogen depletion and the crash diet even more so.

Ive since bulked up to 218 and gained my strength plus more and gained a descent amount of muscle in the process. Now with my second cut I would like keep most of the muscle I gained and cut the fat more effectively.
So what would you guys recommend as a starting calorie mark? I was thinking 2500 cals but I want to ask people that know better.
Also, how should I go about carb re-feed to keep glycogen high so I can keep my strength during the cut?

Sorry for the long read, just trying to do things right this time.

JerrysGirl
11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
How much are you eating now? Are you weighing your food?
I would track food for one week and then substract 20% from that number.

EnRiCH
11-27-2009, 09:10 PM
How much are you eating now? Are you weighing your food?
I would track food for one week and then substract 20% from that number.

Im coming off a sshort bulk where I was eating 3500-3700 cals a day for two months.