PDA

View Full Version : Do I eat way too much?

SkinnyKidd
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm 15, about 120 lb, 5'6 (female). I workout 4 times a week at home, with dumbbells and calisthenics. I perform these til fatigue. My routine looks sort of like this:
Mon-Chest/Legs = 2300 calories
Tue-Arms/Back/Core with 25 min light cardio = 2600 calories
Wed-Full Rest Day = 2000-2100 calories
Thurs-25 min light cardio/balance/flexibility training = 2200 calories
Fri-Chest/Legs = 2300 calories
Sat-Arms/Back/Core with 25 min light cardio = 2600 calories
Sun-Full Rest Day = 2000-2100 calories

For chest/legs days, I work out for a bit more than an hour.
For arms/back/core w/ cardio days, I work out for usually two hours straight.

Do I eat too much? I'm trying to build some mass, I'm too skinny, but I still want a very low BF% but more muscle weight. I eat in between clean & regular.
Just to mention, I don't have much equipment, just 10-15 lb dumbbells which I could do almost an infinite amount of reps with...but I can't buy equipment right now ='[

Holly2710
11-27-2009, 04:14 PM
You shouldnt put on any weight considering the fact that you do alot of excercise. But I would focus on really eating clean, eat lots of protien, every three hours at least. Your young and have a high metabolism so dont worry. My diet is high protien and low carbs, I usually replace my carbs with fats like natural peanut butter and almonds. If your looking for some serious muscle mass I would do 6-8 reps on your max weight. By doing too many reps your not putting enough stress on your muscles and it wont cause muscle tears, which you need to build muscle. Is there any way you can go to a gym close by? They have alot more equipment so you can create variety in your training.
Additionally, you should look into some suplements like L-glutamine and creatine.
Good luck with your training!

freebirdmac
11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Cals look good. The proof is what happens over time. You should be slowly putting on muscle weight (it's not always linear, could show suddenly). A little bit of body fat gains tells you you're maximizing your muscle gain potential.

Remember, you're still growing. Don't short change food out of bf fears. It's not just your muscles that need fuel and you do need body fat for proper growth.

Emma-Leigh
11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
you don't need to ask this question multiple times.... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120619421
^
the answer will be the same....

1. you are too skinny already
2. you are too young to be so fixated
3. don't get too obsessed << you'll end up developing problems that are too big to want to have to deal with....