PDA

View Full Version : dextrose and whey

Marievo
11-25-2009, 08:19 AM
I did a search on dextrose and whey shakes and it seemed like most were recommending about 40g protein + 40g dextrose post workout. Those suggestions came from guys though so I was wondering if that's too much for someone my size. (btw trying to build muscle)

Eileen
11-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, it's a bit more than I'd use at your weight. Try 20g whey and 20g (or less) dex on normal days, and perhaps 25-30g whey on leg day.

RippedProfessor
11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
If your trying to "build muscle " Its always better to take more , than less ........ If your looking to build muscle its also a good idea to take extra protein straight after a workout preferably whey protein shake as the body can absorb this better which will help your muscles refuel and recover faster ... also having a shake means you can throw in a bananna for extra carbs too!

MsKathryn
11-26-2009, 03:08 PM
I did a search on dextrose and whey shakes and it seemed like most were recommending about 40g protein + 40g dextrose post workout. Those suggestions came from guys though so I was wondering if that's too much for someone my size. (btw trying to build muscle)

Protein is right, but I would say for dextrose PWO is about 65-70g.

Emma-Leigh
11-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Protein is right, but I would say for dextrose PWO is about 65-70g.
^^
:eek:
errmmmm..... That be a little too much for such a tiny female.. Unless she is doing depletion exercise (eg: > 90 mins balls to walls, such as a triathlete would do).

The amount an individual would need/ want would depend on their goals/ workout length/ lean mass/ insulin sensitivity and a myriad of other things...

However.... With that said - there would be far better choices, and I am not a fan of downing massive amounts of nutrientless calories unless there is a specific need for it.

freebirdmac
11-28-2009, 04:53 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=11356062&postcount=3088