PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question.

KrAzY_bLoNd3
11-25-2009, 05:53 AM
Ok I tried to search to find my answer but didnt find what I was looking for, I have been trying to get into shape and eat right, and have been doing fairly well. I have lost 4lbs since the 16th, which I guess isnt that much but its a good start, I have been eating around 1200 calories, a lot of chicken and vegies, and have been downing water like there is no tomorrow. I have also been going to the gym at least every other day. But here is my question, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I am worried about falling into old bad habits, I was wondering if any of y'all had some advice on what to eat, and what to stay away from and ways to stay on track? Thank you in advance I really find a lot of people on here inspirational and I know if I follow your good examples I will do nothing but succeed in my goals.

-k

JC32
11-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Ok I tried to search to find my answer but didnt find what I was looking for, I have been trying to get into shape and eat right, and have been doing fairly well. I have lost 4lbs since the 16th, which I guess isnt that much but its a good start, I have been eating around 1200 calories, a lot of chicken and vegies, and have been downing water like there is no tomorrow. I have also been going to the gym at least every other day. But here is my question, tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I am worried about falling into old bad habits, I was wondering if any of y'all had some advice on what to eat, and what to stay away from and ways to stay on track? Thank you in advance I really find a lot of people on here inspirational and I know if I follow your good examples I will do nothing but succeed in my goals.

-k

Hmm... not sure if 1200 isn't too low...

Don't worry yourself crazy over Turkey Day. You can fall off the wagon somewhat for one day without it being a disaster. I would eat all the protein in the meal first (so you feel a little fuller and don't over do it on the rest). I eat my turkey as is, no stuffing, gravy, etc. Have sweet potatoes instead of regular white potatoes. Try to have as much veggies as you can too. And don't be afraid to have a small piece of pie dangit! :) Have a solid breakfast that morning and that will help keep you from over eating by the time the actual dinner is served.

KrAzY_bLoNd3
11-25-2009, 06:25 AM
Hmm... not sure if 1200 isn't too low...

Don't worry yourself crazy over Turkey Day. You can fall off the wagon somewhat for one day without it being a disaster. I would eat all the protein in the meal first (so you feel a little fuller and don't over do it on the rest). I eat my turkey as is, no stuffing, gravy, etc. Have sweet potatoes instead of regular white potatoes. Try to have as much veggies as you can too. And don't be afraid to have a small piece of pie. Have a solid breakfast that morning and that will help keep you from over eating by the time the actual dinner is served.

Thanks I will keep that in mind, I just have this fear in the back of my mind that im going to go down hill like a train wreck and all the hard work I have been doing will be wasted... Also do you recommend going to the gym before or after thanksgiving dinner? like should I go tomorrow morning or tomorrow night or does it really even matter?

JC32
11-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Thanks I will keep that in mind, I just have this fear in the back of my mind that im going to go down hill like a train wreck and all the hard work I have been doing will be wasted... Also do you recommend going to the gym before or after thanksgiving dinner? like should I go tomorrow morning or tomorrow night or does it really even matter?

Don't over stress yourself, its counterproductive to weight loss! lol I would take the day off to celebrate the day... then go kill myself Friday in the gym. But if you feel you must, I would maybe go do some light cardio that morning... just to stimulate your metabolism (not too much where it makes you crazy hungry before you go eat a less than ideal meal).

KrAzY_bLoNd3
11-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Don't over stress yourself, its counterproductive to weight loss! lol I would take the day off to celebrate the day... then go kill myself Friday in the gym. But if you feel you must, I would maybe go do some light cardio that morning... just to stimulate your metabolism (not too much where it makes you crazy hungry before you go eat a less than ideal meal).

Thank you for all your advice! It is definitely something to think about

Kat12
11-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Eat slowly as well. They say it takes your body a while to realize it's full...can't remember if it's 20 minutes, or what...but if you scarf down your food, you might end up eating past the "full" point without realizing it. Give your body time to realize that "hey, there's food in the stomach!"

As others have said, you can also eat a fuller breakfast, or you could even have a health snack before you go...the less hungry you are, the less likely you are to eat everything in sight (unless you think it's going to come down to the "I'm not really hungry, but that looks SO good I have to have some" thing [or is it just me who does that sometimes?] and you're loading those calories on top of an already-full stomach).