PDA

View Full Version : Donaghy Picked Winners At 79% Clip

KingCanuck
11-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Tim Donaghy bet on far more games than previously disclosed and picked winners at a staggering 79 percent clip, according to a professional gambler who conspired with Donaghy.

James Battista, who was charged as a co-conspirator in the 2007 case, told HBO?s ?Real Sports? that he and Donaghy bet on 47 games over four months and won 37 times.

?Nobody picked winners like he did ? nobody,? Battista said.

The N.B.A. declined to comment on Battista?s assertions that they bet on 47 games. Donaghy?s lawyer dismissed Battista?s statements as untrustworthy.

?Tim Donaghy?s cooperation was completely vetted by the F.B.I. and determined to be accurate,? said the lawyer, John Lauro. ?As far as I know, Mr. Battista has never cooperated, nor have any of his statements been subject to a thorough investigation by the F.B.I. We stand completely by Tim?s statements to the court and his full cooperation with the United States.?

KingCanuck
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Donaghy deserves to be on the Mt. Rushmore of Gambling, right beside Pete Rose, Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.

Greg1983
11-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Donaghy is alpha.

ESPforMe
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Wonder how he stacked up against the other NBA refs?

jacketfan
11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
i thought MJ and barkely are supposed to horrible at gambling. ive heard other people say MJ always tries to get out of his bets with shennanigans

LAballin24
11-24-2009, 08:54 PM
i thought MJ and barkely are supposed to horrible at gambling. ive heard other people say MJ always tries to get out of his bets with shennanigans

The word "shennanigans" made our whole post hilarious lmao.

SweetTouch
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Donaghy deserves to be on the Mt. Rushmore of Gambling, right beside Pete Rose, Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley.

lol this

Donaghy should have started his own sports betting advice site to really capitalize.