PDA

View Full Version : asking for help . . . a bit hard to do

Bettebo
11-23-2009, 05:16 AM
Hi:D
you can proberly not see it from the thread, but I'm new here on this site and I need some help.
I'm 20, and well a sportsfreak, I just love sports, simple as that. but my problem is that I have always been chubby, so no matter how good I were at my sports (often I won) you couldn't/can't see it and now i'm starting to get tried of always looking a bit fat. I do in some what way know how to eat right. my mornings always start with oatmeal, it keeps me full in both energy and stomach, but in the afternoons I tend to slip a bit, but I don't see this as the only reason why I should look that chubby.
and for my exercize . . . well I'm in a lot better shape than most of my friends, even thoes who are hin and look fit. I can run for miles on end if I just feel like it. i do boxing and I used to do a lot of gym time, but basecially got bored with it because I didn't feel like it was that much fun.

And yea I know I have to start at the gym again, and I will. My problem is just that how do I really ask for the help in there without sounding like a bloody freak just because I wants abs that can be seen and how do I keep myself from eating crap?

ps. have read a lot of the threads and all gave me a bit to think about and to use, but I also need something in particualy for me. oh yea I will post pictures on my site soon, so you guys can see the problem, not fun having a tire around your belly.

JC32
11-23-2009, 06:04 AM
First, welcome! :) I think diet is a HUGE part of it... no matter how much you exercise. What does your diet look like? Cals? Macros? Are you overeating or just eating the wrong foods? Tell us more and maybe some of us here can help ya out.

Bettebo
11-23-2009, 06:18 AM
First, welcome! :) I think diet is a HUGE part of it... no matter how much you exercise. What does your diet look like? Cals? Macros? Are you overeating or just eating the wrong foods? Tell us more and maybe some of us here can help ya out.

thnx JC32

well my diet is quite simple really and I think it's in the 2000 cal range, but have actually never calculated it, which now seems like a mistake xD

here's how it looks most days:
Morning: oatmeal (just a plate, but never finish can't really eat all that xD)
also either milk/low cal milkchocolate along with my vitamins.

Lunch: often I once again get either oatmeal with fruit. or 2 slices of ryebread with chicken or turkey on. often some fruit with it.

Snack: yea this is where it goes wrong. we always have some unhealthy stuff for snack in the aftenoon an well I tend to eat some of it when sitting and chatting with the girls. the problem when we talk, I have no idea how much of it I really consume

Dinner: well dinner is just whatever my mom/dad cooks, so it can be absolutely anything. but mostly it's very traditional meals, with carbs, protein and fat (however I doubt that it's the healthy fat theres in it)

so yeah this is how most days look, but to be hornest, some days i proberly eat more crap than others due to the simple fact that I don't notice it when me and the girl (from work) chats.

feel free to say if you need anything else to give the best advices.

JC32
11-23-2009, 06:32 AM
Without knowing exactly what you are taking in (cal or macro wise) it's kinda hard to say. What you need to is start trying to keep a food journal. Try to get more variety in there, instead of oatmeal twice a day. Try to aim for 3 large meals and 2 mini meals throughout the day... something like this: breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, and dinner. You are going to need to take in some form of protein in all of those if possible. (unsalted nuts, string cheese, etc. for snack) The protein will help keep you fuller and help your workouts more. Then we will need to look at the type of carbs you are taking in (obviously nothing white, no white pasta, rice, bread, etc.). Make sure you are taking in enough fruits/veggies, very important. Another thing to look into is maybe a good multi and some fish oil. Tackle some of that and we can re-evaluate. :)

Bettebo
11-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Without knowing exactly what you are taking in (cal or macro wise) it's kinda hard to say. What you need to is start trying to keep a food journal. Try to get more variety in there, instead of oatmeal twice a day. Try to aim for 3 large meals and 2 mini meals throughout the day... something like this: breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, mid afternoon snack, and dinner. You are going to need to take in some form of protein in all of those if possible. (unsalted nuts, string cheese, etc. for snack) The protein will help keep you fuller and help your workouts more. Then we will need to look at the type of carbs you are taking in (obviously nothing white, no white pasta, rice, bread, etc.). Make sure you are taking in enough fruits/veggies, very important. Another thing to look into is maybe a good multi and some fish oil. Tackle some of that and we can re-evaluate. :)

thnx once again JC32:D

I will make a food journal and try to keep it as accurate as I can, when it comes to cals. and i will try to convince my parents that the carbs gotta be whole grain, or else I will just have to make it myself. but then again that shouldn't be too hard to make, hopefully:D

and I better join a gym again, I guess I just gotta tell them that I want to bodybuild, guess they would help me in that, right?

JC32
11-23-2009, 07:30 AM
thnx once again JC32:D

I will make a food journal and try to keep it as accurate as I can, when it comes to cals. and i will try to convince my parents that the carbs gotta be whole grain, or else I will just have to make it myself. but then again that shouldn't be too hard to make, hopefully:D

and I better join a gym again, I guess I just gotta tell them that I want to bodybuild, guess they would help me in that, right?

Honestly, I think the whole grain stuff tastes better. I don't think I could ever eat white bread again, lol. But, yes cook for yourself if you can't convince them. I posted some of my favorite recipes on here, so check those out. My family and friends love those and they are healthy alternatives to favorite foods.

That might help! :) They might get it then, lol. Plus, you are helping them too, not just yourself. :)

Bettebo
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
Honestly, I think the whole grain stuff tastes better. I don't think I could ever eat white bread again, lol. But, yes cook for yourself if you can't convince them. I posted some of my favorite recipes on here, so check those out. My family and friends love those and they are healthy alternatives to favorite foods.

That might help! :) They might get it then, lol. Plus, you are helping them too, not just yourself. :)

yeah you're right, i'm not only helping myself, but them too.
well I've made a dietplan, however I do dearly hope that you want to change what should be changed in it:

Morning:
Oatmeal
Skimmilk
Fruit (fruit denpends on what I feel like that morning)
Vitamins

Snack 1:
Apple and almonds

Snack 2:
Veggies and mixed unsalted nuts

Lunch:
Tuna
and mixed salat (iceberg, cucumber, tomatos, carrots, green beans)
Whole wheat bread

either one of the snack or:

after workout:
Banana
Cocoamilk (made of skimmed milk)
(got to know by a trainer once that it was a good thing to get after a workout)

Dinner:
Chickenbreat (different flav)
Broc****
green beans
carrots
and some whole wheat pasta or bread, just something.

and well that sorta it, I will lay around 2000 cals, if I did it right and i will get aprox 140 g proteins in all these meals throughout the day?
btw fat will lay around 46 g for the entire day and carbs around 206 g.

does that sound okay or, yea well feel free to write

kimm4
11-24-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah you're right, i'm not only helping myself, but them too.
well I've made a dietplan, however I do dearly hope that you want to change what should be changed in it:

Morning:
Oatmeal
Skimmilk
Fruit (fruit denpends on what I feel like that morning)
Vitamins

Snack 1:
Apple and almonds

Snack 2:
Veggies and mixed unsalted nuts

Lunch:
Tuna
Whole wheat bread

either one of the snack or:

after workout:
Banana
Cocoamilk (made of skimmed milk)
(got to know by a trainer once that it was a good thing to get after a workout)

Dinner:
Broc****
green beans
carrots

and well that sorta it, I will lay around 2000 cals, if I did it right and i will get aprox 140 g proteins in all these meals throughout the day?
btw fat will lay around 46 g for the entire day and carbs around 206 g.

does that sound okay or, yea well feel free to write

You're not making progress because you need more of a deficit based on your stats. Your eating plan is off balance and it's too carb heavy. There should be a good amount of protein, a carb source and healthy fats in each meal. You should be around 1600 calories for fat loss. Start with a macro breakdown of 40p/30c/30f and give it a good 5-6 weeks before making any adjustments.

160 g protein
120 g carbs
53 g healthy fats

Total calories 1597 (close enough)

Good luck.

Bettebo
11-25-2009, 01:10 PM
You're not making progress because you need more of a deficit based on your stats. Your eating plan is off balance and it's too carb heavy. There should be a good amount of protein, a carb source and healthy fats in each meal. You should be around 1600 calories for fat loss. Start with a macro breakdown of 40p/30c/30f and give it a good 5-6 weeks before making any adjustments.

160 g protein
120 g carbs
53 g healthy fats

Total calories 1597 (close enough)

Good luck.

Thanks Kimm:D

well I think I've figured it out, or well maybe. hope I did anyways. so here goes . . .

Morning:
Oatmeal
Skimmilk
egg whites (apparently they're good for you, acording to what I've been reading)
Vitamins

Snack 1:
Cheese and carrots

Lunch:
Tuna
Olive oil / Vinegar

Snack 2:
Apple, skimmed milk and cheese

Dinner:
Broc****
green beans
carrots

So it would be:
1579,1 cals
- 160 proteins
- 114 carbs
- 54 fat

does this sound better or worse? and should I add protein powder?

btw thnx for all the replys, I'm really grateful for them:D

kimm4
11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Kimm:D

well I think I've figured it out, or well maybe. hope I did anyways. so here goes . . .

Morning:
Oatmeal
Skimmilk
egg whites (apparently they're good for you, acording to what I've been reading)
Vitamins

Snack 1:
Cheese and carrots

Lunch:
Tuna
Olive oil / Vinegar

Snack 2:
Apple, skimmed milk and cheese

Dinner:
Broc****
green beans
carrots

So it would be:
1579,1 cals
- 160 proteins
- 114 carbs
- 54 fat

does this sound better or worse? and should I add protein powder?

btw thnx for all the replys, I'm really grateful for them:D

Looks good. You could throw in a protein shake with one of your snacks...that would be fine!

Good luck, you'll do great!

Bettebo
11-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Looks good. You could throw in a protein shake with one of your snacks...that would be fine!

Good luck, you'll do great!

YES! now I have the diet, now all I need is the work out plan:D
Thank you so much Kimm:D

what perotein shakes are good? if there are any good ones:D