PDA

View Full Version : Body sculping vs. bodybuilding?

fitnessfilly
11-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Hello,

I was interested in taking a body sculpting class and after talking with a fellow gym goer it raised a question. Would it derail my personal training? The gym goer said that body sculpting is lifting lighter weights with many reps and currently I work with a personal trainer do the exact opposite (heavy weights fewer reps). --I wasn't aware of that. Should I still go or find a class that better suites my fitness needs?

Eileen
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
"Body Sculpting" is just a term dreamed up to entice women into the gym without frightening them. It's right up there with "toning".

If you have a trainer, ask and see what she says.

juliacheh
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
My opinions is that if you are doing regular weightlifting, these classes are pointless. Basically it is a form of cardio and could be used as an introduction to weightlifting.

SportyShorty89
11-22-2009, 06:50 PM
"Sculpting" is done in the kitchen. The definition of your muscles depends on your bf% which depends on nutrition. In order to get those muscles you need to lift consistently and relatively heavy. Consult the trainer.

gewaltigsbabe
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
if you are doing heavy weights right now why would you take a class where you use light weights.
unless you have changed your goals, this class would be pointless in my opinion.