PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on how to achieve this look I'm after ?

katlj
11-19-2009, 11:59 PM
I had this in the main forum...was told I'd get more response if I posted here...

I would like to achieve a similar look to the photo of Lina Jade here...
what workouts are needed ? would 4 - 5 days a week lifting [as heavy as I can] be sufficient and I'd like
to incorporate a couple of days a week of running for cardio fitness...mines shocking...

I mainly want to stick with free weights [barbell dumbells - lifting heavy] and stuff I can use at home, like chin up bar,
body weight exercise like push up etc...

At the moment I am just plain skinny and want to up my eating habits to look better
and get away from stick thin fragile look...into Lina Jade look ...well similar...
the fit muscular strong look...[pictured] her muscular arms and her glutes thighs are what I like...

what about some of the exercises she is doing here...[obviously not the gymnastic acrobatic stuff ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYk-a0oY_nw&feature=fvw

would something like this workout be good ?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-barbell-mass-workout.html

Miranda
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
there's no specific way to train to look like her. all humans share the same muscular structure. there are tons of different WOs on the site.

the trick is to enlargen your muscles through years of heavy training, later lower your bodyfat through diet and then get a boob job and a fake tan :p

katlj
11-20-2009, 03:07 PM
there's no specific way to train to look like her. all humans share the same muscular structure. there are tons of different WOs on the site.

the trick is to enlargen your muscles through years of heavy training, later lower your bodyfat through diet and then get a boob job and a fake tan :p

well there must be specific exercises that hit the same muscle group to achieve that kind of
look I'm after...I just want to make sure I'm using the right exercises...sets and overall body change
to complete the look...

what does anyone think of the workout here ?

Monday - Shoulders

Exercise Sets Reps
Military Press 4 10-14
Seated Dumbbell Press 4 8
Dumbbell Front Raise 3 8-10
Dumbbell Lateral Raise 5 12, 10, 8, 8, 6
Dumbbell Reverse Fly 3 10

Tuesday - Back

Exercise Sets Reps
Wide Grip Pull Up 7 12 down to 6
Bent Over Barbell Row 4 12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 10
Deadlifts 4 10
Dumbbell Shrugs 4 8-12

Monday - Chest, Triceps, Abs

Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell Bench Press 4 8
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 10
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press 3 8
Dumbbell Flys 4 12
Chest Dip 4 MAX (weighted)
Triceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Close Grip Bench Press 5 5
Tricep Kickback 3 12-15 light
One Arm Dumbbell Extension 3 8-10
Lying Tricep Extension 4 12 strict
Abs
Decline Sit Ups 4 MAX

Thursday - Biceps

Exercise Sets Reps
Standing Barbell Curl 4 8
Preacher Curl 4 8
Standing Hammer Curl 4 10
Concentration Curl 3 12
Reverse Barbell Curl 3 7-8

Friday - Legs

Exercise Sets Reps
Dumbbell Lunge 4 5 each leg
Squat 6 10
Deadlifts 4 10
Standing Calf Raise 8 15-20

and incorporate some running/or hiit type somewhere for cardio fitness...

Bobbia
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
and then get a boob job and a fake tan :p

Don't forget the body oil and perfect lighting too lol. ;)

She does look really hot in that pic, I'm gonna use it on my desk top for inspiration lol. Right next to my Moorea Wolfe shots. :D

aussiemommy
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Also remember that your result may vary due to your body type. You sound like a classic ectomorph (if you're naturally very slim), so even with all the right training and diet you may not look exactly like her (she kind of looks like a mesomorph). But at least you have the advantage of not having to shed body fat (I'm a mesomorph with fat to lose on my bum/thighs, so I'm very envious of you! :D)

Below is obviously of men, but you get the idea:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t111/Lizzy07_album/meso.jpg

Miranda
11-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Don't forget the body oil and perfect lighting too lol.

and a wee bit of airbrushing.

katlj
11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Also remember that your result may vary due to your body type. You sound like a classic ectomorph (if you're naturally very slim), so even with all the right training and diet you may not look exactly like her (she kind of looks like a mesomorph). But at least you have the advantage of not having to shed body fat (I'm a mesomorph with fat to lose on my bum/thighs, so I'm very envious of you! :D)

Below is obviously of men, but you get the idea:
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t111/Lizzy07_album/meso.jpg

hi thanks yep I realise that...I am naturally thin and can pretty much eat anything and not gain fat...or much...probably what you would call skinny fat...I hate it actually...my mum *was* the same but now she is riddled with fat and cellulite even on her stomach [how does that happen ?]...*that* is why I'm here to avoid ending up like that...

yeh so I just really would like to have strong and muscular legs and arms and look and be fit...I'll work on that workout and see how my body responds...while making sure I'm eating a good amount of food...I've come to realise it really isn't as simple [for me] as eat good and lift...the mind is what can make or break me lol...I have to be really motivated and want it for it all to work out...

So...when I see women and men on here with ripped bodies I know it wasn't easy work to get there [and stay there]...
so I admire those that stayed motivated and didn't succumb to *comfort* ...

Thanks for all the help too.

kimm4
11-21-2009, 06:44 PM
I had this in the main forum...was told I'd get more response if I posted here...

I would like to achieve a similar look to the photo of Lina Jade here...
what workouts are needed ? would 4 - 5 days a week lifting [as heavy as I can] be sufficient and I'd like
to incorporate a couple of days a week of running for cardio fitness...mines shocking...

I mainly want to stick with free weights [barbell dumbells - lifting heavy] and stuff I can use at home, like chin up bar,
body weight exercise like push up etc...

At the moment I am just plain skinny and want to up my eating habits to look better
and get away from stick thin fragile look...into Lina Jade look ...well similar...
the fit muscular strong look...[pictured] her muscular arms and her glutes thighs are what I like...

what about some of the exercises she is doing here...[obviously not the gymnastic acrobatic stuff ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYk-a0oY_nw&feature=fvw

would something like this workout be good ?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-barbell-mass-workout.html

Lina Jade is 5'3" and 114 lbs. You're 5'10" and 127 lbs.

You're talking 2 total different body types.

All I can say is eat to build, lift heavy and be consistent.

Best of luck.

Emoore
11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Honestly, she doesn't look like that most of the time. You notice she's not nearly that lean in the video you posted. She's cut down and probably water depleted in that photo. The best thing you can do is keep adding muscle and losing body fat until you reach a point that YOU'RE happy with for YOUR body.

jess_muscles
11-21-2009, 09:34 PM
well there must be specific exercises that hit the same muscle group to achieve that kind of
look I'm after...I just want to make sure I'm using the right exercises...sets and overall body change
to complete the look...

Monday - Shoulders

Exercise Sets Reps
Military Press 4 10-14

Tuesday - Back

Exercise Sets Reps
Deadlifts 4 10
Dumbbell Shrugs 4 8-12

Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell Bench Press 4 8
Dumbbell Flys 4 12
Triceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Abs
Decline Sit Ups 4 MAX

Thursday - Biceps

Exercise Sets Reps
Preacher Curl 4 8
Concentration Curl 3 12

Friday - Legs

Exercise Sets Reps
Squat 6 10
Deadlifts 4 10

i don't think she does any magical exercise to achieve that look. im sure she just uses a combination of standard exercises, does them with perfect form, mixes it up every now and then, and puts the cherry on the cake so to speak with a proper diet.

your workout plan looks good. it is slightly similar to mine, except i do not dedicate a whole day to biceps (i usually throw them in with chest or shoulders)

goodluck with your goals

NOVA888
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM

Definitely the place to start! :)

Lina Jade is 5'3" and 114 lbs. You're 5'10" and 127 lbs.

You're talking 2 total different body types.

Definitely a good idea to compare bodytypes similar to our own. When I first came on this site, I wanted to look like Ava Cowan, realizing later that I will never be 5'4, or develop that kind of 'look' overall.

katlj
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
i don't think she does any magical exercise to achieve that look. im sure she just uses a combination of standard exercises, does them with perfect form, mixes it up every now and then, and puts the cherry on the cake so to speak with a proper diet.

your workout plan looks good. it is slightly similar to mine, except i do not dedicate a whole day to biceps (i usually throw them in with chest or shoulders)

goodluck with your goals

Thanks ...just wanted to see if the workout was good...I understand what others are saying I have a different body to hers...just wanting to have bigger arms and muscular looking legs...so I see the best way to get that is eat good to build,,,keep at it...and lift heavy weights...and watch how my body responds to it all...go from there...

Thanks all...

katlj
11-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Definitely the place to start! :)

Definitely a good idea to compare bodytypes similar to our own. When I first came on this site, I wanted to look like Ava Cowan, realizing later that I will never be 5'4, or develop that kind of 'look' overall.

Your starting body is similar to mine...your arms look good in that fbi top pic !

Walk2liv
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
not trying to hi-jack but... realistically... do most fitness models walk around looking as cut as they do or even close in their photo shoots or are they are a lot less cut and defined in their off-season ?? I mean, it's funny... just like with super skinny models, us chicks who want to look like fitness models are lookin at women who have cut and drained themselves of water to look cut for a photoshoot... i cant imagine they walk around looking like that?

White_Chocolate
11-23-2009, 09:12 AM
You can start with those exercises but you will have to change them eventually anyway in order to keep shocking your body. You don't want to only those exercises since your body will adapt to them and it will stop responding. You should also be aware that it took her years to build that body so you must be patient and know that you won't look like that in just a few months. Just lift heavy, eat smartly and you'll get the best body you can achieve for you! (not someone else's body type)

NOVA888
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
You can start with those exercises but you will have to change them eventually anyway in order to keep shocking your body. You don't want to only those exercises since your body will adapt to them and it will stop responding. You should also be aware that it took her years to build that body so you must be patient and know that you won't look like that in just a few months.

Great advice, especially the part regarding patience. A number of new fitness enthusiasts expect miracles to take place, without realizing that many of the women they admire have years of dedication under their belts.

Just lift heavy, eat smartly and you'll get the best body you can achieve for you! (not someone else's body type)

And that's the best part of it, finding out what that particular 'gift' might be. I love looking at some of the more extreme transformations on this site, women who revealed their 'unique' potential, then end up inspiring a new set of women to find their own.

NOVA888
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Your starting body is similar to mine...your arms look good in that fbi top pic !

Hey, thank you. ;)

I think it's a pretty good idea to examine profiles of women that share similar body 'stories' to our own. Of course we all learn from one another, and there are some overlapping similarities, even despite things like age, genetics, diet, body type, height, etc.

But there are also some things that will never change, like the fact that I probably won't ever look like the woman you've posted earlier. I'm long and lanky, but my arms, shoulders and back grow easily. However, my legs refuse to bulk (and I'm totally cool with that). I am what I am, you are what you are, and as the poster above me mentioned....

"Just lift heavy, eat smartly and you'll get the best body you can achieve for you! (not someone else's body type)"

GoinGrey
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
to complete the look...

Monday - Shoulders

Exercise Sets Reps
Military Press 4 10-14

Tuesday - Back

Exercise Sets Reps
Deadlifts 4 10
Dumbbell Shrugs 4 8-12

Exercise Sets Reps
Barbell Bench Press 4 8
Dumbbell Flys 4 12
Triceps
Exercise Sets Reps
Abs
Decline Sit Ups 4 MAX

Thursday - Biceps

Exercise Sets Reps
Preacher Curl 4 8
Concentration Curl 3 12

Friday - Legs

Exercise Sets Reps
Squat 6 10
Deadlifts 4 10

GF who is a marathoner (over 50 of them) is also looking to put on some muscle. She likes Nautilus/Cybex/Hammer Strength pullover to strengthen torso once arms have failed -- seems to think it is giving her the "right look" (breasts/lats/abs/posture). You might try that machine if it is available to you in Sydney.

I think you may be looking at 10+ years of gymnastics training as background to BB = strong core, back, shoulders and arms.

P.S. We were in Port Douglas and Sydney last February and had a great time down under!

Bobbia
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
not trying to hi-jack but... realistically... do most fitness models walk around looking as cut as they do or even close in their photo shoots or are they are a lot less cut and defined in their off-season ?? ... i cant imagine they walk around looking like that?

Even during their season I wonder how they look when completely relaxed, like when not flexing.

katlj
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
yep I understand we're all different we're not gonna look the same...

I just want to look stronger and fit to what I look like now...so being
consistent with the workouts and eating well...should get me a stronger fitter
me...with some much needed muscles !

thanks all