PDA

View Full Version : Calorie dense question

Sentientprod
11-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Ok I'm having horrible trouble keeping up with calories. I was able to put on 5 pounds in 3 weeks but then had some fun during weekend and didn't fulfill my calorie requirements and by Monday I had lost all that 5 pounds that I gained. Is that really possible?

I am lactose intolerant and can't eat peanut butter or nuts because I get horrible acne.

What are some good suggested calorie dense foods I can eat in order to succefully bulk??

Lifterforlife10
11-19-2009, 09:35 PM
First of all that was likely water weight and other bodily fluctuations, the most calorie dense foods are fats, but as a rule for bulking just get 1g protein per pound of body weight, get in your EFA`s and eat above maintainence by around 300 cals.
Good foods to include are things like:
Carbs: Rice, Yams, Oats, Cereal, Pasta
Fats: Nuts, nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil,
Protein: Chicken breast, Tuna, turkey, Beef, fish

grumble1
11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Eat fat, in large quantities. If acne is an issue, then eat as much fat as you can get away with and eat high density carbs like oatmeal, pasta, etc.

Might be worth trying to slowly increase fat consumption, to see if your body will be able to handle it over time.

Sentientprod
11-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok well this morning I had 3 eggs 2 glasses of orange juice and then for pre and post workout I had 3 pinapple juices and 2 protein shakes. I already exceeded my daily intake from just juices but got a question. This sugar rush is making me sleepy as hell from the juices. If I take a nap would my metabolism reset when I wake up?