PDA

View Full Version : Lifting organiazation

ndz24
11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I have been lifting on this schedule for the last 2 months and I have had strained muscles, or been too tired to get through the second cylce of lifts. I think I am overworking my muscles and body and not giving enough time to recover. I know there are thousands of ways to organaize what body parts to lift and when but I was just wondering if I could hear what some your lifting schedules are like.

Monday and Thursday- Chest and Triceps

Tuesday and Friday- Shoulders and Legs

Wedensday and Saturday- Back and Biceps

Thanks!

Euqinom
11-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Mine 's A-B alternating over three days per week. Two fullbody programs consisting of three exercises per day (squat-bench-row / dead-pull up-shoulderpress)

smdiskin
11-20-2009, 04:38 AM
Monday: Legs - ham/glute emphasis
Tuesday: Chest and tris
Wednesday: Shoulders and abs
Thursday: Legs - quad emphasis
Friday: Back and bis

So similar split to yourself but only hit legs twice in the week and everything else ~once

ndz24
11-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Thank you, I like the split. I will try that and see if it helps me from getting sore and hurt.

Lynnster
11-25-2009, 03:38 AM
Hi-

Since you are lifting 6x/week, have you ever tried lifting only one bodypart/day?

This is my "magic bullet" when it comes to seeing gains in muscular strength. Also, I like it bec. its nice to focus on thoroughly exhausting one bodypart in a day and then giving that part a whole week to recover until you hit it again.

Also, I noticed that you have put your shoulder work right after the day you worked chest. I would like to suggest that you put at least one day of working another body part in between there. Shoulder muscles are used quite a bit in chest work so it is good to recover a bit so that you don't get injured.

This is my typical lifting schedule:
Monday: Chest
Tues: Back
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Tris
Fri: Shoulders
Sat: Bis
Sun: REST

Usually I will do 5-6 exercises, 3 sets each at 6-10 reps for each part.

Take care, Lynn M.