PDA

View Full Version : Any issues with your scale?? BF scale/Weight

fusioncom
01-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I have a scale that records both weight and BF percentage, and Water percentage. I've dropped some significant inches off my belly, waist etc...but I've also been hitting the weights hard. THat being said I'm technically only down around 10-12 lbs, which is still good..but for the past three weeks or so my scale has said the same amount in regards to weight, or roughly the same.
Additionally even with 10 pounds down, and some obvious strength gains my BF still reads 37%. Its annoying as crap for me because I'm sure its less.

Is it possible that due to still being quite overwieght the scale is having problems getting an accurate reading and or deciding between muscle mass and fat?

ScottC
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't like those supposed BF scales. Load of stuff, imo.

I have a digital scale and I use a tape measure to check my progress at home. Also, I have my BF tested periodically by calipers at my gym by trainers.

newyorker101
01-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Those body fat scales are terrible, especially the Tanita ones. Use the waist/neck/height size calculation method (remember, you can suck in your belly!) to get a pretty decent measurement. Calipers are good, too, but they're difficult to use.