PDA

View Full Version : 1200 calories for breakfast?

muddywaters51
11-10-2009, 03:05 PM
just calculated the amount of carlories i consume for breakfast to be around 1100-1200kcal. Does this seems alot? I'm so hungry in the morning i eat quite alot. I am very active though, around 10-12 hours of physical activity per week (3 and a bit weights session).

Also as another question. I am very active and do alot of taxing things on my body (sprint training, HIIT, plymometrics, weights, rugby skills, fitness). All comes out at around 10-12 hours of sporting activity per week. Some of that is more taxing than others (skills isn't that taxing on my body and it's a few hours). First off how do i figure out my maintenance? How much over my maintenance should i go. I want to put on mass and muscle. Can't put on loads of fat as I've gotta keep agile and quick. Help?

thanks

Ryanmckd
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
i have 900-1000 cal breakfast pre workout.. it's fine, as for finding your maintenance, eat a certain amount of calories and if u drop weight , increase cals, if you put on too much weight , drop calories, you should b aimin for a steady slow increase in weight, i think i remember reading somewhere that the most muscle you can put on in optimal conditions is 12-14lbs.. so remember that when checkin the scale.

tabasco.sauce
11-10-2009, 03:16 PM
just calculated the amount of carlories i consume for breakfast to be around 1100-1200kcal. Does this seems alot? I'm so hungry in the morning i eat quite alot. I am very active though, around 10-12 hours of physical activity per week (3 and a bit weights session).

Also as another question. I am very active and do alot of taxing things on my body (sprint training, HIIT, plymometrics, weights, rugby skills, fitness). All comes out at around 10-12 hours of sporting activity per week. Some of that is more taxing than others (skills isn't that taxing on my body and it's a few hours). First off how do i figure out my maintenance? How much over my maintenance should i go. I want to put on mass and muscle. Can't put on loads of fat as I've gotta keep agile and quick. Help?

thanks

I wake up famished, so my breakfasts are usually 600-700 cals with lots of self control...

for your maintenence you have to estimate..

start here:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.html

I would say break up each activity per day and calculate the calories burned for each.. do that for each day of the week.. add that number to your maintenance calculated above

Hawkeye-Rugger
11-10-2009, 03:22 PM
It doesn't really matter as long as you meet your calorie requirements for the day. On days when I have an afternoon game I don't like eating too close to competing so I end up eating up eating a small breakfast and then a big 1000-1200 calorie meal about 4-5 hours before game time. Its what works best for me. So if your big breakfast works best for you then keep doing your thing.

Simmo0508
11-10-2009, 03:37 PM

thanks

1200 is good for breakfast man. You're highly active so you need the food in you anyway. Your body just snaps it up like that.

Plus on top of all that if you wanna be a big guy, you'll wanna get used to those sorts of food portions regardless in order to grow.