View Full Version : Guise, I'm really worried about Elvis Dumervil

HumptyBrahh
11-09-2009, 09:55 PM
In the past 7 years, he's SHRUNK 3 inches

Exhibit A:
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5871

Exhibit B:
http://www.nfl.com/players/elvisdumervil/profile?id=DUM179959

I'm really worried he might have some fatal disease guise. What should we do?

NoodleLegs
11-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Baaahahaha!

Scout and Rivals are known for this and my guess (key word guess) is there's not as much regulation during physicals and weigh ins during high school and college ball as there is for the NFL

On a different note, players are known to shrink anywhere from half an inch to around an inch and a half throughout the course of the game because of the high impact tends to compress vertebrae. I'll try to find the article and post it.

HumptyBrahh
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Baaahahaha!

Scout and Rivals are known for this and my guess (key word guess) is there's not as much regulation during physicals and weigh ins during high school and college ball as there is for the NFL

On a different note, players are known to shrink anywhere from half an inch to around an inch and a half throughout the course of the game because of the high impact tends to compress vertebrae. I'll try to find the article and post it.
Dead on. In high school, height/weight is reported by the team (unless the player goes to a Nike combine or something, in which case it gets reported by the coaches at at the combine).

PatrickBateman1
11-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm really worried he might have some fatal disease guise. What should we do?

Do the stanky leg

r-gj8_2FtVA

NoodleLegs
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Dead on. In high school, height/weight is reported by the team (unless the player goes to a Nike combine or something, in which case it gets reported by the coaches at at the combine).

Hell yea, these were good days. At the high school I went to it was up to us to see a physician to administer a physical and since I knew mine pretty well I would tell him that I need to keep my shoes on for the extra height. SO, I would just put some socks into basketball shoes and all of a sudden my stats read 5' 10.5". The coaches pretty much knew what I was doing but they didn't care.

The only thing that was supervised was our weigh in and I would just chug water and eat salt all morning until I weighed.

Shangius
11-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I remember supposedly Desean Jackson was 6' when playing at Cal.

Come round NFL combine he's 5'9. lol

AS40
11-09-2009, 10:33 PM
i find 40 times to be even more hysterical

HumptyBrahh
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Hell yea, these were good days. At the high school I went to it was up to us to see a physician to administer a physical and since I knew mine pretty well I would tell him that I need to keep my shoes on for the extra height. SO, I would just put some socks into basketball shoes and all of a sudden my stats read 5' 10.5". The coaches pretty much knew what I was doing but they didn't care.

The only thing that was supervised was our weigh in and I would just chug water and eat salt all morning until I weighed.
Our media guide listed me at 6'4" 290

I played DE. Yes beastin

BrawnySwoleman
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Lol at the bottom of the scout page it also lists him as 6'0.

NoodleLegs
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Our media guide listed me at 6'4" 290

I played DE. Yes beastin

lol holy sht

HumptyBrahh
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
lol holy sht
I was really 6'1.5" 260 lulz