PDA

View Full Version : How much caffeine in Nature's Bounty Green Tea Extract?

jasger
11-05-2009, 12:37 PM
I'd like to know how much caffeine is in this Green Tea Extract. It's by Nature's Bounty.

Please google "nature's bounty green tea" (without quotes) to see the product's page and label.

Is this any good? I've heard that it's a reputable company.
I just want a low dose of green tea, I don't want too much caffeine with it though.

in10city
11-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd like to know how much caffeine is in this Green Tea Extract. It's by Nature's Bounty.

Please google "nature's bounty green tea" (without quotes) to see the product's page and label.

Is this any good? I've heard that it's a reputable company.
I just want a low dose of green tea, I don't want too much caffeine with it though.
Most GTE's will have some amount of caffeine depending upon the standardization process, decaffeination and quality, though it is usually fairly small [~10-50 mg of caffeine per 1000 mg of GTE].

That one only contains 15% polyphenols and doesn't specify the EGCG amount so it's not really concentrated at all. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. What are you using it for?

jasger
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Most GTE's will have some amount of caffeine depending upon the standardization process, decaffeination and quality, though it is usually fairly small [~10-50 mg of caffeine per 1000 mg of GTE].

That one only contains 15% polyphenols and doesn't specify the EGCG amount so it's not really concentrated at all. Personally, I wouldn't buy it. What are you using it for?

I've heard that it's best to take the natural kind rather than the kind that is concentrated because the natural kind has all the chemicals in good proportions that synergistically help.
I'm using it as a supplement to promote "good health." I'm only taking 2 of those capsules a day. I'm not using it for weight loss or anything.

Thanks for the reply.