PDA

View Full Version : Ariza vs Artest , Carter vs Turkeyglue.......any other notable downgrades??

Negatron617
11-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Is it me or does anyone else think the Lakers would have been better off with an improving ariza over a declining artest??

is it me or would a healthy turk be a better player than the often injured vince carter??

anybody else take a step back IYO?

UAGreg
11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Carter makes the Magic better imo.

It allows Jameer Nelson to run the team, as Turk was only really of value when he was bringing the ball up the floor.

KingCanuck
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Hedo is a great player and I am happy to have him on my team but Vince is better.

Negatron617
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Carter makes the Magic better imo.

It allows Jameer Nelson to run the team, as Turk was only really of value when he was bringing the ball up the floor.

im not saying that carter isnt better or more productive............but i just see him getting injured too much and he cant contribute from the bench.

also carter will force up alot of shots.......turk aint too far behind tho

gswarrior510
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Artest>>>>Ariza
Carter>>>> Hedo

UAGreg
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
im not saying that carter isnt better or more productive............but i just see him getting injured too much and he cant contribute from the bench.

also carter will force up alot of shots.......turk aint too far behind tho

Carter forced up a lot of shots in New Jersey mainly because he was really the only scoring option. I expect him to not force nearly as many shots in the Magic system, as there are about 3-4 potential All-Stars on that team.

New Evolution
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't know. So far Ariza seems to be doing better than Artest. Ariza is leading the Rockets in scoring and his defense is pretty good. Artest doesn't look like the same Artest when he was with the Pacers.

gswarrior510
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't know. So far Ariza seems to be doing better than Artest. Ariza is leading the Rockets in scoring and his defense is pretty good. Artest doesn't look like the same Artest when he was with the Pacers.

fluke..ariza is not gonna continue shooting 50% from 3 etc..

Negatron617
11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

id say ariza is a better defender than artest..........quicker hands....quicker feet....better reflexes....the only thing artest can do better defensively is get physical which ariza cant do cuz hes skinny as fuk

idk....i just think artest is a shell of his former self and has never been a great team player.

anonymous123
11-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I've always felt both Artest and Turkeyglue were two extremely overrated players. Artest just chucks the ball up no matter what and that's that. He's only known because of punching a fan. That's really all he has going for him. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't even be on anyone's radar. He's an alright basketball player. Turkeyglue had a few good games during the postseason and all of a sudden he's like everyone's hero. What about the year before that when he sucked ass?

Negatron617
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I've always felt both Artest and Turkeyglue were two extremely overrated players. Artest just chucks the ball up no matter what and that's that. He's only known because of punching a fan. That's really all he has going for him. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't even be on anyone's radar. He's an alright basketball player. Turkeyglue had a few good games during the postseason and all of a sudden he's like everyone's hero. What about the year before that when he sucked ass?

turk has always been a solid player...........not an all star just a solid player........id rather have a solid player over a good player who WILL get injured

artest has always been regarded as one of the best one on one defenders in the league........at this point i cant say he is but ariza is

IceCoal
11-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Lol is that a big surprise? Who else is on the rockets?

kyleTX
11-04-2009, 03:12 PM

Artest is a fantastic defensive player and comes up with some remarkable plays down the stretch, but he WANTS to be the star on the court every night. He thinks he's a great shooter, it's ridiculous. Only a matter of time before he gets frustrated in this new limited role on the lakers and starts chunking up bricks when he gets his hands on the ball.

anonymous123
11-04-2009, 04:25 PM
turk has always been a solid player...........not an all star just a solid player........id rather have a solid player over a good player who WILL get injured

artest has always been regarded as one of the best one on one defenders in the league........at this point i cant say he is but ariza is

yeah, artest is a great defender. i'll give him that. offense though, he's george costanza

and hedo hasn't really always been a solid player. it wasn't until last season where i would classify him as a "solid player". and he sure as hell wasn't outstanding like everyone is giving him credit for. yeah, he definitely stepped up his game when his team needed it the most. i'll give him that. but these people are completely discrediting all the other crap he's done (or hasn't done).

J_Mart2387
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Ya i agree on both accounts. I think if you win a championship you try to keep the same group of guys for as long as you're winning. Don't wanna mess up the chemistry of the team.

jacketfan
11-04-2009, 04:37 PM
warriors- Jamal Crawford(going to win 6th man of the year this year for the hawks) and replaced him with acie law

GPx
11-04-2009, 04:43 PM

The Lakers weren't getting Artest from the Pacers...

Artest is the reason the Lakers won yesterday.

Haterade~
11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
How can you call Artest "declining" after just 4 games? He was overall pretty great last year in the playoffs...

kyleTX
11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
warriors- Jamal Crawford(going to win 6th man of the year this year for the hawks) and replaced him with acie law

that was more of a salary cap move wasn't it? then they drafted Curry as his replacement, so I wouldn't say they really downgraded.