PDA

View Full Version : Sign petition to get rid of Al Davis!

BalloonKnot
11-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I am a hopeless Raiders fan and I dream about the day that Al Davis is not longer ruining my hometown team.

Sign this petition to get rid of Al Davis and hire a real GM and coach!

http://messagetoal.com/

Raider haters should be about to support this petition because a decent Raider football team is good for the NFL.

NDame616
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
fire an owner of a billion dollar company, huh......?

Seems legit.

STA1011
11-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Lulz, i signed it

altho it is funny seeing Al Davis' draft picks every year.

bobbynj81
11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Jakes on you brah....you cant fire the OWNER

BalloonKnot
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
No sh!t.

Al Davis is the managing partner but he has sold almost the entire company to silent investors for cash.

It is only obvious that he will reliquish control once he is permanetly lowered into the ground.

Their goal is to garner 50,000 signatures on their petition as well as collect donations so they can purchase advertising in the Oakland Area with a tag-line showing that it is supported by a large number of fans.

Their primary goal is the growth of the petition, and to create that buzz. If they can raise the approximately five thousand dollars it would cost, they plan to purchase space on a billboard near the Oakland Coliseum. If they can't get the billboard, their backup plan will be to purchase ad space from the Oakland Tribune.

papi93
11-04-2009, 10:11 AM
How is a decent Raider team good for football?

xzp
11-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I am a hopeless Raiders fan and I dream about the day that Al Davis is not longer ruining my hometown team.

Sign this petition to get rid of Al Davis and hire a real GM and coach!

http://messagetoal.com/

Raider haters should be about to support this petition because a decent Raider football team is good for the NFL.

Just wondering when you became a Raider fan..it must've been the Pre-Al years right?

JRRBadBoy4Life
11-04-2009, 10:22 AM
Oakland has some pretty crazy fans. I'm surprised nobody has put a hit out on him yet.

NDame616
11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
No sh!t.

Al Davis is the managing partner but he has sold almost the entire company to silent investors for cash.

It is only obvious that he will reliquish control once he is permanetly lowered into the ground.

Their goal is to garner 50,000 signatures on their petition as well as collect donations so they can purchase advertising in the Oakland Area with a tag-line showing that it is supported by a large number of fans.

Their primary goal is the growth of the petition, and to create that buzz. If they can raise the approximately five thousand dollars it would cost, they plan to purchase space on a billboard near the Oakland Coliseum. If they can't get the billboard, their backup plan will be to purchase ad space from the Oakland Tribune.

Per wikipedia:
"Once he rejoined the Raiders organization, Davis ruthlessly attempted to gain power within the club. In 1972, while managing general partner Valley was attending the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Davis drafted a revised partnership agreement that made him the new managing general partner, with near-absolute control over team operations. McGah signed the agreement. Since two of the team's three general partners had voted in favor of the agreement, it was binding under partnership law of the time. Valley sued to overturn the agreement once he returned to the country, but was unsuccessful. Valley sold his interest in 1976, and no other partners have had any role in running the club since. This was despite the fact that Davis did not acquire a majority interest in the Raiders until 2005, when he bought the shares held by McGah's family. He now owns approximately 67 percent of the interests in the partnership through his company, A.D. Football, Inc."

So, he owns 2/3rds of the Raiders, but according ro you he's sold off a majority of the company to silent investors....?

BalloonKnot
11-04-2009, 10:43 AM

Just wondering when you became a Raider fan..it must've been the Pre-Al years right?

I was born and raised in SF Bay Area.

I moved to NJ for my current job in 1998.

My family had season tickets since before I was born and I went to college in SoCal and had season tickets when they played at the LA Coliseum.

BalloonKnot
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Per wikipedia:
"Once he rejoined the Raiders organization, Davis ruthlessly attempted to gain power within the club. In 1972, while managing general partner Valley was attending the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, Davis drafted a revised partnership agreement that made him the new managing general partner, with near-absolute control over team operations. McGah signed the agreement. Since two of the team's three general partners had voted in favor of the agreement, it was binding under partnership law of the time. Valley sued to overturn the agreement once he returned to the country, but was unsuccessful. Valley sold his interest in 1976, and no other partners have had any role in running the club since. This was despite the fact that Davis did not acquire a majority interest in the Raiders until 2005, when he bought the shares held by McGah's family. He now owns approximately 67 percent of the interests in the partnership through his company, A.D. Football, Inc."

So, he owns 2/3rds of the Raiders, but according ro you he's sold off a majority of the company to silent investors....?

Yeah, wiki is a reliable source and last time I checked there is no way to know how much Al owns as the Raiders are not publicly traded and the other owners are contractually obligated to remain silent.

EDIT: Al Davis owned 67% until he sold 20% to three money managers in NYC in 2007.

/next

bobbynj81
11-04-2009, 11:03 AM
http://blog.nola.com/saints_impact/2009/08/large_robert-meachem830.jpg

hublife
11-04-2009, 11:32 AM
The only one who can "fire" Al Davis is this guy...

http://www.fakenews.net/archive/transcripts/i/2000_03_21_familyguy.jpg

Messiahtype
11-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Be happy you don't have the Glazer kids or Dan Snyder as your owner.

Jeez.

Pro_Shark
11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
But Al brings the lolz come draft day...

BalloonKnot
11-04-2009, 12:22 PM
But Al brings the lolz come draft day...

Not any worse than at least half the league.

Whatever ESPN tells you is gospel right?

bustermac
11-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Not signing, I want the Raiders to remain a joke.

bustermac
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Per wikipedia:

Figures an insane Boston fan would cite Wikipedia...

Pro_Shark
11-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Lol what gave you the idea that I'm riding ESPN's nuts? U mad?

HumptyBrahh
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Holy Cocknballs you're giving the Bay a bad name.

brb drafting DHB as the first receiver off the board

brb feeling smug when Crabtree sits out half the season

brb in two games Crabs has 6 more catches for 63 more yards than DHB has had all season

NDame616
11-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeah, wiki is a reliable source and last time I checked there is no way to know how much Al owns as the Raiders are not publicly traded and the other owners are contractually obligated to remain silent.

EDIT: Al Davis owned 67% until he sold 20% to three money managers in NYC in 2007.

/next

"there's no way to know how much Al owns"?? lol

So a $100 billion organization like the NFL, the biggest sports league in the US, is going to let teams run without knowing exactly where the money is coming from? God you're unaware. If the owners sell off a fraction of the 10-yard line, it gets league approval first. If these owners want to take a dump, they have to have it approved by the league first......

MVP
11-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Al aint goin nowhere!
Only way to get rid of Al is to kill him

tmc.
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM

lol, not sure if srs

you realize that most teams that are really bad are bad because they have drafted poorly, right?

anyways, he can't own the Raiders if he's dead, just sayin'

robogain
11-04-2009, 03:12 PM
:).

Mistermidas
11-04-2009, 03:19 PM
As long as the Raiders suck ape nuts, all the other teams in the league get a next to free win, including my Cowboys this year. I hope that Crypt Keeper Al Davis lives forever and runs that team the entire time!

BrownThunder1
11-04-2009, 05:05 PM
signed

xzp
11-04-2009, 05:16 PM

/next

I thought Al owned 80 something percent, and then sold 20? I remember in the late 90's or so he bought out the last original owner.

Maybe I'm just pissed off today..but honestly, what the f*ck will petitioning do? You think Al will give up his team? LOL.
Come on, the dude never cared about the fans. As far as he's concerned, the fans are just dummies with dollars sticking out of thier pockets.
You wanna make a difference? Stop buying Raider stuff. Get as many fans as you can to stop buying Raider gear. That's a way to send a message. (Or buy it, just not from the nfl n raider image.)

andrew28
11-04-2009, 05:17 PM
lol go to 3:37 and listen to the raiders fan. i agree with him completely

Vq7rrQMgUGs

xzp
11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
lol go to 3:37 and listen to the raiders fan. i agree with him completely

Vq7rrQMgUGs

Yeah just like everyone else, I'm sure the PRE-Al owning the team years made him a fan right?

Seriously, the people who rip on Al..I mean, isn't he the reason your a fan of the team?

IMO, after this year Davis WILL bring someone in a managing role, a la Ron Wolf or Bruce Allen.

PatrickBateman1
11-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Figures an insane Boston fan would cite Wikipedia...

Ummmm... wikipedia has sources for all it's articles at the bottom of the page. In case you were living under a rock the last 5 years, wikipedia has actually become a pretty legit source of information.

PatrickBateman1
11-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Have you seen the draft picks he's made in recent years?

BrownThunder1
11-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I lol on that vid! I might be going to the chiefs game after our bye week

bustermac
11-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Ummmm... wikipedia has sources for all it's articles at the bottom of the page. In case you were living under a rock the last 5 years, wikipedia has actually become a pretty legit source of information.

Laughs = Thanks for them. :D

TheStack
11-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Signed

Al Davis plays too much Madden

brb drafting the fastest receiver in the top 10 no matter how much talent he has

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115910961&highlight=perfect+raider

BrownThunder1
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
its funny we have only had six loosing seasons since '63 to '02 and since '03 to now we have tied that amount. Damn did we hit rock bottom.. I guess every team had to hit it eventually.