PDA

View Full Version : Lose 1% bf in 5 weeks super strict diet and trainig, what to do? :(

Makk
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Ok I've been "trying" to cut for about 5 weeks now and do my dissapointment have had ****ty results... Ive lost about 1% off my total body fat during this period.
I honestly thought I would never be posting this because i was certain all this training and strict eating would pay off...
Please let me know if I have done ANYTHING wrong here because clearly this isnt working for me.
I used one of the calculators on this site to find out my maintenance calories, took 500 off that which gave me 2137kcal per day, i was using the ratio of 40/40/20
213g Protein and carbs per day
47g fat per day.

Which of these would be the first thing to change if im not losing weight? I workout in the mornings at about 5am, was doing 2 HIIT sesions a week and 2 SSC sessions too. weights was 5 days per week. This is really dissapointing for me as I have put in so much fkn effort over these last 5 weeks and see barley any results.
HELP FELLAS!

Shr3dJunki3
11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
take off 300 calories daily because you're probably still eating too many calories for faster weight loss.

Ferios
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah you?re eating too much. I'm the same weight as you and when I eat 1850 a day I lose ~2% a month. Also, I noticed when I was eating 200g+ of protein a day my weight loss slowed. I dropped my intake to about 120-150 and took up the calorie slack with more carbs and slightly more fat.

Makk
11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
so you guys reckon i should drop cals down to around 1800? Is this the first thing you should change if you dont lose weight on a cut, this is my first time and would just like to knowfor future reference

Glennm
11-03-2009, 01:00 AM
so you guys reckon i should drop cals down to around 1800? Is this the first thing you should change if you dont lose weight on a cut, this is my first time and would just like to knowfor future reference

I'm currently taking 1500-1600 calories a day. Also supplementing an EC stack along with it, great stuff. 2lb's a week, lifts been going up, vascularity increasing, shirts getting too big, pants getting too big. Just got to find the right calorie deficit. It changes from person to person so don't be afraid to slowly lower your calories to find the sweet spot.

Gobays
11-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Less carbs.

Makk
11-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Less carbs.

I did this from fear of fat storage, I usally only take in carbs in my first 3 meals because I train in the morning and do basically nothing the rest of the day

Haz-bodybuilder
11-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Ive been losing 1kg a week every week for 7 weeks now after flushing out the water weight and im eating 2000-2600 cals every day.

Trick to it is know your maintenance, walk everywhere and do more easy cardio if you're going to eat that much. thermogenics help too