PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else happy for Arod. He is vindicated. (serious)

Michael_Fedor
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Before this world series. Whenever you hear the Name Arod, all you can think of is Steroids or that guy is nothing but a Cheat.

But now he is vindicated suddendly and he simply known as one of the greatest of all time.

To me , this reminds me exactly of that scene in back to the future 2. remember?

When Georges Mcfly let some dude cut in to dance with his girl (marty mcfly's mom) at the prom? then soon as that happened.... Marty Mcfly's hand and photo of him start disapearing... but after when georges mustered up the courage and took the girl back... suddendly marty mcfly's hand came back to life and his whole body came back in the photo... and was able to continue playing the guitar

Pro_Shark
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
No. I couldn't care less about A-rod.

panic91984
11-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Before this world series. Whenever you hear the Name Arod, all you can think of is Steroids or that guy is nothing but a Cheat.

But now he is vindicated suddendly and he simply known as one of the greatest of all time.

To me , this reminds me exactly of that scene in back to the future 2. remember?

When Georges Mcfly let some dude cut in to dance with his girl (marty mcfly's mom) at the prom? then soon as that happened.... Marty Mcfly's hand and photo of him start disapearing... but after when georges mustered up the courage and took the girl back... suddendly marty mcfly's hand came back to life and his whole body came back in the photo... and was able to continue playing the guitar

good jake brah.

Coconut187
11-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Yo Michael_Fedor I'm really happy for you and ima let you finish, but you need to stfu

Tex24
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
lots of mad in this thread
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/a-rod.jpg

robogain
11-01-2009, 09:45 PM
jakes on u brah. if a-rod is considered great ... bonds is defintely the goat then

FLAY
11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Do I show any sympathy for an athlete who makes $33 mil a year?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How 'bout no

bOOgie CurlZ
11-01-2009, 10:22 PM
jakes on u brah. if a-rod is considered great ... bonds is defintely the goat then

this

guitarwar241
11-01-2009, 10:51 PM
You guys mad that A-rod wiped the smiles off of everybody in Philly?

Sucks.

George Costanza
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm happy that he finally became the player we all expected him to be throughout ALL of the postseasons he's been part of.

He's not juicing anymore, just finally capturing and using the talent he's always had. Notice, once he finally got the "clutch monkey" off his back in the Twins series...he's been absolute FIRE? It's all about the fact that he is finally trusting himself. When a guy has THAT MUCH talent, the only thing holding him back is his own conscience.

Good for A-Rod, can't wait to bring this series to a close so we can be #1 again. Damn, we ALMOST went a decade without a ring. Was getting worried ;)

kooldude
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
He was already one of the greatest of all-time. This postseason just solidifies it.

Greg1983
11-02-2009, 03:09 AM
Best analogy I've seen on this section. Chemz for mod.

JRRBadBoy4Life
11-02-2009, 04:14 AM
No, he's still a scumbag. Not so much for the steroid thing but for cheating on his wife and abandoning his daughters. The fact that he works and is a provider prevents him from being labeled a deadbeat dad, but that shouldn't give him a free pass to be vindicated. He's still A-Fraud and always will be in most peoples eyes except his fans.

saaltydog
11-02-2009, 04:32 AM
No, he's still a scumbag. Not so much for the steroid thing but for cheating on his wife and abandoning his daughters. The fact that he works and is a provider prevents him from being labeled a deadbeat dad, but that shouldn't give him a free pass to be vindicated. He's still A-Fraud and always will be in most peoples eyes except his fans.

lol Abandoning his daughters. How do you know what kind of relationship he has with his daughters?

JRRBadBoy4Life
11-02-2009, 05:43 AM
lol Abandoning his daughters. How do you know what kind of relationship he has with his daughters?

He has a relationship with his daughters? I don't know. But he took off to see Madonna shortly after his second daughter was born.

sssick
11-02-2009, 05:47 AM
He has a relationship with his daughters? I don't know. But he took off to see Madonna shortly after his second daughter was born.

How do you know what kind of woman his wife was? What if she was psycho? I'm not saying a man should leave his kids, but you don't know the complete story.

brighamw
11-02-2009, 05:55 AM

Where's the jake? Bonds is the GOAT, and yes happy for A-Rod :) Considering the numbers of athletes in their era that did the exact same thing they did it was a level playing field so their numbers are not tainted, IMO. As far as 'baseball purists', cough-cough, are concerned well I don't recognize Ruth's numbers or anyone from his era because MLB wasn't fully integrated... And MLB went through a decade or so where the pitching mounds were higher than they are now so all those pitching stats are garbage, right? Where does it stop? Recognize greatness and be glad you saw it, that's all I'd say about Bonds & A-Rod types...

{BTW, CUBS fan here, don't like the Giants or Yanks. I just recognize greatness:)}

papi93
11-02-2009, 05:57 AM
Quit abusing the serious tag.

BigDubbe
11-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Who cares bc once it is all said and done Pujols will be the GOAT.

brighamw
11-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Who cares bc once it is all said and done Pujols will be the GOAT.

Agreed, (although it turns my stomach to say it, go CUBS) and he's probably on or was on much of the same 'stuff' his peers were and are on. No hate, just sayin' these are million $$ athletes and billion $$ franchises, you don't think they are already on to the next big thing? I just watch and enjoy. They are using scientific advances to better themselves and the game IMO, good for them...

saaltydog
11-02-2009, 06:31 AM

Well for you to say he abandoned his daughter I would of figured you had some personal insight to his relationship with them.

Just because he started seeing Madonna does not mean he is a bad father.

Also what if Arod was in a ****ty marriage. You don't know what happened between the two. I guess he should of just stuck around in a ****ty marriage because of the kids right? What a way for kids to grow up with their mom and dad walking around hating each other.

You are hating on Arod just to hate on him.

89FoxBody
11-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Well for you to say he abandoned his daughter I would of figured you had some personal insight to his relationship with them.

Just because he started seeing Madonna does not mean he is a bad father.

Also what Arod was in a ****ty marriage. You don't know what happened between the two. I guess he should of just stuck around in a ****ty marriage because of the kids right? What a way for kids to grow up with their mom and dad walking around hating each other.

You are hating on Arod just to hate on him.

This. Nothing like haters who don't even know wtf they are talking about.

samcanadian
11-02-2009, 07:48 AM
I like how A-Rod's finally cleaned up the one area he was shaky in, so now he really CAN be called the best baseball player in the world.

weakguy
11-02-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm excited were gonna be able to see the HR record broken twice in such a short time period.

Ralph Wiggum
11-02-2009, 07:56 AM
David Wright > Arod

weakguy
11-02-2009, 08:01 AM
David Wright > Arod

notsureifserious.jpg

jcrue11
11-02-2009, 08:07 AM
It was actually Back to the Future, not BTTF 2.

guitarwar241
11-02-2009, 08:44 AM
David Wright > Arod

Lol ok.

89FoxBody
11-02-2009, 08:46 AM
David Wright > Arod

Thanks, I needed a laugh.

sssick
11-02-2009, 09:14 AM
David Wright > Arod

Arod is the better 3rd baseman, and he has gold gloves at another position.

bustermac
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM
David Wright > Arod

Only in hat size.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pdjm6GYAf7Q/Sp-45zkcyDI/AAAAAAAAAwU/8SXb3gVKy58/s400/david-wright-helmet.jpg