PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Giant Wall uncovered in Jerusalem 2009

~Serpent~
10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Excavators in Jerusalem discover massive parts of ancient wall which dates back 3,700 years.

vvU3OUL599o

Num 13:1 The LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
Num 13:2 "Send men to spy out the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the people of Israel. From each tribe of their fathers you shall send a man, every one a chief among them."

Num 13:28 However, the people who dwell in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large. And besides, we saw the descendants of Anak there.

Num 13:32 So they brought to the people of Israel a bad report of the land that they had... spied out, saying, "The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people that we saw in it are of great height.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

Large_Emu
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Spiderman lives in New York
New York exists
there for Spiderman must exist........oh wait, it doesn't work like that.

realistromeo
10-31-2009, 01:06 PM
IN B4 8 foot skeletons found.

thats cool, pre israelite history still exists, but it's hard toknow or think if anything would be found, as the israelites often took the treasures/killed the livestock/ killed the people and ransacked the cities.

Nagalfar
10-31-2009, 01:44 PM
New York exists

Yeah, nothing really important, of historical value or insightful here..

You know.. most of your posts are long and mouth and short on facts..

Large_Emu
10-31-2009, 01:47 PM

You know.. most of your posts are long and mouth and short on facts..

lol, this would be because i'm a miscer at heart.

Nagalfar
10-31-2009, 01:48 PM
lol, this would be because i'm a miscer at heart.

Is that your excuse or your reason? either way its not saying much..

Large_Emu
10-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Is that your excuse or your reason? either way its not saying much..

that's my excuse, my reason is i find it hard to put my thoughts into words so often end up just blerting out stuff in a huge puddle of bullsh!t. I then hope that people get the general gist of wtf i'm talking about.

Nagalfar
10-31-2009, 01:56 PM
that's my excuse, my reason is i find it hard to put my thoughts into words so often end up just blerting out stuff in a huge puddle of bullsh!t. I then hope that people get the general gist of wtf i'm talking about.

I am betting you think about the basic cautions when dealing with fire for heat and cooking.. yet you dont even provide yourself the same respect you give fire.. you ever wonder what happens to people like that 20 years down the road? they are all around you.. just look and you will see them, you dont have to be right, but you should at the very least try much harder for yourself and your ability to convey your thoughts to other people..

Just a friendly suggestion.. nothing more.

Rune
10-31-2009, 02:04 PM

No there really isn't. They found a wall, OP(or Youtube poster) makes leaping conclusions.. I mean it's not like we've never found megalithic structures dating back to around this time elsewhere in the world, oh wait... we have.

Nagalfar
10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
No there really isn't. They found a wall, OP(or Youtube poster) makes leaping conclusions.. I mean it's not like we've never found megalithic structures dating back to around this time elsewhere in the world, oh wait... we have.

Especially when there is text stating they were there.. and then they are found 1000s of years after the text is written... you can choose to dismiss it.. others dont see it your way, if you didnt dismiss one, you would never be able to dismiss the other.

Rune
10-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Especially when there is text stating they were there.. and then they are found 1000s of years after the text is written... you can choose to dismiss it.. others dont see it your way, if you didnt dismiss one, you would never be able to dismiss the other.

All it proves is that the Canaanites wanted good defenses, and that people knew they had them. If you want to leap to the conclusion of Nephilim existing, then why do Stonehenge, or the Great Pyramid of Giza not provide the same evidence? If any thing these structures are far more intricate, and considerably larger (one in the over all size, one in the weight of the stones used - assuming the CNN report is accurate).

Dave76
10-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I mean it's not like we've never found megalithic structures dating back to around this time elsewhere in the world, oh wait... we have.

Please provide a list of the ancient structures that had an ancient document that told us where to look for them. I'll spot you the one listed in this thread.

You guys just can't stand the thought that the Bible could be right about anything.

Rune
10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Please provide a list of the ancient structures that had an ancient document that told us where to look for them. I'll spot you the one listed in this thread.

You guys just can't stand the thought that the Bible could be right about anything.

Have you ever read texts from ancient history books? Lots of places are described in them. Whats your point?

I have no doubt that the bible records some history correctly, it partially served that purpose to the Jews. Where I find conflict is in the linking the discovery of some large structure to the past existance some kind of Giants with little to no evidence except for a few vague passages in a book riddled with metaphor and parable.

Nagalfar
10-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Have you ever read texts from ancient history books? Lots of places are described in them. Whats your point?

I have no doubt that the bible records some history correctly, it partially served that purpose to the Jews. Where I find conflict is in the linking the discovery of some large structure to the past existance some kind of Giants with little to no evidence except for a few vague passages in a book riddled with metaphor and parable.

Actually the Bible and the Koran is used by the Smithsonian.. I posted that fact a year or so ago.. they dont know much either do they.. do you ever wonder why you try so hard to deny something that say isnt even there?? why would a logical man speak out against things that he claims are not there? where is the logic in that?

Rune
10-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Actually the Bible and the Koran is used by the Smithsonian.. I posted that fact a year or so ago.. they dont know much either do they..

Good for you, what does that have to do with anything? I already said they record some history accurately - this is demonstrable, if you want to show me where I denied this, please do.

do you ever wonder why you try so hard to deny something that say isnt even there?? why would a logical man speak out against things that he claims are not there? where is the logic in that?

I would speak out in the hopes that people can use some common sense every now and then, instead of resorting to claims that have little to no proof for them, and hope that one day their BS detector works properly - it sure would resolve a lot of political problems if people we're so emotionally invested, and could see through the lies they are told (for starters)

Oh, just for clarification so you don't try to hop on my nuts again, I'm referring to proof of the existance of Nephilim, and not of a big wall.

Dave76
10-31-2009, 02:46 PM
I have no doubt that the bible records some history correctly...
Ok, that's all I wanted to hear from you. The Bible text simply said "great height". I don't interpret that as some great giant either. In some cultures, a 6'0" person would be considered to have "great height".

Rune
10-31-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok, that's all I wanted to hear from you. The Bible text simply said "great height". I don't interpret that as some great giant either. In some cultures, a 6'0" person would be considered to have "great height".

Exactly. I can't recall what culture it was, but they described the Celts as "Giants" as well - as they were very large in comparison to many of the more Eastern European cultures.

Weightaholic
10-31-2009, 03:22 PM
The fact that there are some historical accuracies in the Bible doesn't prove it to be right in its entirety. Spiderman lives in New York. New York is real, therefore Spiderman is real.

Large_Emus analogy was apt.

Hey, I heard there's a really big wall in China. Chinese giants?

48Volts
10-31-2009, 03:42 PM
These fcking idiots are digging underneath the palestinian inhabitted villages and cities. They have tunnels stretching all underneath the dome of the rock mosque, and most of the towns in jerusalem area. They are determined to find remain of solomon's temple or whatever bullsht their bible tells them is there. But in reality, what they're doing, is destroying the entire infrastructure of these towns and villages, and have caused many homes and buildings to collapse already, as well as evacuated and expelled people to continue their "archeological discoveries".

Of course no one hears or thinks about that aspect, and they're all too mesmerized with the orgazmic thought that a biblical prophecy is coming true...all the while, real people lose their homes.

DangerDan
10-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Lmao at thinking a big wall is proof of giants.

leafs43
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM
New York exists

Stop using Spiderman! He is my example!

:D

Large_Emu
10-31-2009, 05:47 PM
Stop using Spiderman! He is my example!

:D

lolz, sorry dude, i'll use a different example next time.

Christianyouth
10-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Of course no one hears or thinks about that aspect, and they're all too mesmerized with the orgazmic thought that a biblical prophecy is coming true...all the while, real people lose their homes.

Yes archaeologists are doing archeology because they want a biblical prophecy to come true.

makavelli1988
10-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Yes archaeologists are doing archeology because they want a biblical prophecy to come true.

Strong Reading Comprehension

Then i saw Christian Youth, and it all made sense

r0gue6
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
If you ever want a logical brain ****, just talk to a Christian.

This thread is such fail.

Dom_88
10-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Ehh...it's a pretty big jump to go from Nephilim to this gigantic wall.

Interesting find, nonetheless.

Christianyouth
10-31-2009, 06:13 PM

They say that it takes a certain degree of intelligence to detect irony and sarcasm...

makavelli1988
10-31-2009, 06:18 PM
They say that it takes a certain degree of intelligence to detect irony and sarcasm...

of which that statement you made was neither. lol strong double fail

Christianyouth
10-31-2009, 06:51 PM

The statement I made was sarcasm, because the post I replied to was implying that the reason for the temple excavations and the destruction of Palestinian infrastructure was because of 'fundamentalism'(indirectly). It takes a certain kind of thinker, of a certain level of intelligence and knowledge, to make a statement like that.

Seriously, if you read his post again, you'll see that his take on this topic was that Palestinians are being displaced and fundamentalism is somewhat to blame.

Weightaholic
10-31-2009, 06:57 PM

No, he wasn't being sarcastic at ALL....

ONtop888
10-31-2009, 10:19 PM

And then I saw makavelli1988, and it all made sense :rolleyes:

~Serpent~
10-31-2009, 10:20 PM

Yes, the Bible quotes are from the Youtube clip's description. I thought I might as well post it. In this day and age are there still people who believe in giants?...I mean seriously :D

Nonetheless it is always cool when archaeologists discover megalithic ruins like this. 5 tons per stone is quite impressive. The average stone weight of the Khufu pyramid in Egypt is 2 tons. Not Baalbek size, but impressive nonetheless.

~Serpent~
10-31-2009, 10:29 PM

True. The city of Troy was discover this way.