PDA

View Full Version : Too much dairy

jox43w
10-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Im getting a lot of calories from milk and cheese at the moment im happy with how my progress is going but is there anything i should be worrying about... im drinking 4 litres of milk per day is this too much?

isupply
10-28-2009, 04:46 AM
Nothing wrong with milk unless its full fat then you might want to switch to a lower fat option but make sure that your getting vitamin, nutrient and protein from other sources as well.

iLiRaM
10-28-2009, 05:13 AM
If you see progress keep doing what you are doing.

We Drowned
10-28-2009, 07:22 AM
For real.

I drink a lot of milk, too. AND I work at Starbucks, so on my breaks if I'm hungry and forgot to bring food, I'll drink milk with a scoop of whey (they have whey!).

There have been countless vegetarian bodybuilders. They're not MASSIVE, but they're also not on steroids. They look damn good, though. Do it.

Analyst
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Im getting a lot of calories from milk and cheese at the moment im happy with how my progress is going but is there anything i should be worrying about... im drinking 4 litres of milk per day is this too much?

Can't argue with success :)

PickItUp
10-28-2009, 08:08 AM
I think sometimes there can be a risk for the kidneys, but I am not sure if this is documented. I am referring to calcium deposits, and the passing of such deposits (if you get my drift)

GermanBarbarian
10-28-2009, 08:24 AM

Magnesium, Zinc, Iodine, and Molybdenum are the minerals you should be watching. Vitamins you should be watching are B1, B3, C, E, K. Is it fortified? Whole Milk?

1/2-3/4 of a gallon of whole milk a day depending upon what your diet and time frame looks like is ideal IMO.

BloodRaged
10-28-2009, 08:38 AM

While I didn't know about it any kind of milk can effect estrogen levels. I take in a ton of milk too and various dairy products. Gotta love dem cows!

I don't worry much about the estrogen but some peeps do.

davidl351
10-28-2009, 08:41 AM
If the milk is pasteurized/homogenized, the only thing I would recommend is to supplement with enzymes.