PDA

View Full Version : is it bad to get all protein from whey?

gohard11
10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
i eat 5 meals a day. is it bad if i add 1-1.5 scoops of protein powder to every meal with some water. that way i get enough protein. its pretty much my only source of protein

JeRSeY KiD 3
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
its pretty much my only source of protein

Why?

Maybe for a day it won't be that bad, but not as an everyday meal plan.

You will get far great benefits from eating food protein sources (eggs, tuna, fish, chicken, steak, meat)

gohard11
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
No, Whey is probably the best source of protein. Its more effective than Soy or Rice. As long as the sugar content is not too high. Also try for lean meats.

dont care much for meat. kinda grosses me out. id rather just have on whey protein powder. very low sugars and fat. its 120 calories, 1 gram fat, 24 grams protein, 2 grams carbs. okay i will do that thank you

tozhead6
10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Why?

Maybe for a day it won't be that bad, but not as an everyday meal plan.

You will get far great benefits from eating food protein sources (eggs, tuna, fish, chicken, steak, meat)

this plus you will be wasting money having 5 scoops a day shakes dont have the nutrients which you would get from meats and eggs,etc

JeRSeY KiD 3
10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
.... wow

Black_Label
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
It is not totally ideal. You could be missing out on nutrients such has B12, iron, or zinc for example if you do not get it other places. It could work as long as you get the proper amount of nutrients

zmcdole
10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
dont care much for meat. kinda grosses me out. id rather just have on whey protein powder. very low sugars and fat. its 120 calories, 1 gram fat, 24 grams protein, 2 grams carbs. okay i will do that thank you

Getting the majority of your protein from whey is really not the whey to go IMO. There are lots of choices in regards to lean meats. Turkey, red meat, chicken, fish, seafood, bison, wild game, pork, etc.... You could also get some protein from dairy products such as cottage cheese, greek yogurt. Nuts are also a good supplier of protein and EFA's. You really need to consider getting your protein from other sources besides whey powder. Use the whey to help you meet your protein requirements, but your main source of protein and other nutrients should be coming from whole foods.

The_Animal11
10-26-2009, 06:41 PM
theres way too many micronutrients in meats that you would be missing by not consuming them. this is a bad idea.

not to mention an idea you will very bored with it in about a week. then we will have to deal with this thread from you:

"I'm so tired of my diet help me make things less boring!!"

Getmotivated
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM

Milk, eggs, meat, cliff bar....heck even ww bread has protein. The hamburger buns i use give me 10g of protein per bun lol

WQ87
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
i eat 5 meals a day. is it bad if i add 1-1.5 scoops of protein powder to every meal with some water. that way i get enough protein. its pretty much my only source of protein

Supplementing whey with food is fine as long as you're meeting all your nutritional needs (vitamins, fibers, etc.) and you don't have a problem with the cost.