PDA

View Full Version : Trying to lose fat, need some assistance

stirge
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
So I have been lurking the board for some time and watching what others are doing, I need a lot of help tweaking my setup here. I'm 5'7", 200 pounds, I was a speed skater when I was younger, I have always had a large lower body, recently I have bulked up my upper body, I lift heavy, I workout hard, but I just can't seem to lose the fat. I have gained considerable size in the past two months so I know my workout schedule is doing great for muscle building, but I have completely stopped losing weight. I was around 230 at the mid last year year, I basically starved myself down to 195, then I got up to 200 doing P90X... I was slacking on cardio. Please pick this apart for me.

Eating Schedule:
7:00am - Protein Shake: Ultramet Instant - Opti Mens One a Day Multivitamin - 2xUSP Recreate

10:30am - Snack - Myoplex Lite Protein Bar

12:00pm - Lunch - Chicken Sandwhich (I live about 30 minutes away from my job and can't go home to eat, I could bring lunch, suggestions welcome. I'm a carnivore by birth so it's hard to do much more than meat for me, I'm 27, I ate my first salad last week, I know it's sad, but I'm trying, at least I made it through the first, it wasn't that bad. Very open to suggestions here.) 2xUSP Recreate

4:30pm - Jack3d - 3x USP Powerfull - 2 scoops XTEND

5:00pm - Workout (schedule below)

6:00pm - Dinner - 2x 3oz chicken breast + Asparagus or Green beans, sometimes V8 instead of solid veg.

7:30 - 8:00pm - Something, protein bar, turkey breast, chicken breast, starving at this point and have to eat or I will start wolf man'ing the cats on the street.

I'm sure I got some things wrong as far as timing here, my 12:00 - 4:30 block just seems so empty. I am switching the ultramet and the myoplex to the low carb versions, just ordered them, waiting for the shipment to arrive, should be here today. Help a brother out.

Workout Schedule: (feel free to pick this apart as well)
Mon - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Tues - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home
Wed - Off
Thursday - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Friday - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home
Saturday - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Sunday - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home

stirge
10-22-2009, 08:24 AM
I should add that I drink enough water to be considered a dolphin at this point.

Dr.Dick.Johnson
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
It's as simple as eating less calories than you burn total per day. This includes each exercise session. Calories in Vs calories out. Exact opposite if you want to build muscle. Find your maintenace calories and subtract no more than 1000 cals from that and that is how much you need to eat. Count your cals and you'll be good to do. Good luck.

naturalaaron
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
It's as simple as eating less calories than you burn total per day. This includes each exercise session. Calories in Vs calories out. Exact opposite if you want to build muscle. Find your maintenace calories and subtract no more than 1000 cals from that and that is how much you need to eat. Count your cals and you'll be good to do. Good luck.

x2. However don't starve your self it will slow your metbolism and hold on to your fat. I would subtract only 500 from maintence though to prevent your metabolism from slowing.

SteveOOO
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
So I have been lurking the board for some time and watching what others are doing, I need a lot of help tweaking my setup here. I'm 5'7", 200 pounds, I was a speed skater when I was younger, I have always had a large lower body, recently I have bulked up my upper body, I lift heavy, I workout hard, but I just can't seem to lose the fat. I have gained considerable size in the past two months so I know my workout schedule is doing great for muscle building, but I have completely stopped losing weight. I was around 230 at the mid last year year, I basically starved myself down to 195, then I got up to 200 doing P90X... I was slacking on cardio. Please pick this apart for me.

Eating Schedule:
7:00am - Protein Shake: Ultramet Instant - Opti Mens One a Day Multivitamin - 2xUSP Recreate

10:30am - Snack - Myoplex Lite Protein Bar

12:00pm - Lunch - Chicken Sandwhich (I live about 30 minutes away from my job and can't go home to eat, I could bring lunch, suggestions welcome. I'm a carnivore by birth so it's hard to do much more than meat for me, I'm 27, I ate my first salad last week, I know it's sad, but I'm trying, at least I made it through the first, it wasn't that bad. Very open to suggestions here.) 2xUSP Recreate

4:30pm - Jack3d - 3x USP Powerfull - 2 scoops XTEND

5:00pm - Workout (schedule below)

6:00pm - Dinner - 2x 3oz chicken breast + Asparagus or Green beans, sometimes V8 instead of solid veg.

7:30 - 8:00pm - Something, protein bar, turkey breast, chicken breast, starving at this point and have to eat or I will start wolf man'ing the cats on the street.

I'm sure I got some things wrong as far as timing here, my 12:00 - 4:30 block just seems so empty. I am switching the ultramet and the myoplex to the low carb versions, just ordered them, waiting for the shipment to arrive, should be here today. Help a brother out.

Workout Schedule: (feel free to pick this apart as well)
Mon - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Tues - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home
Wed - Off
Thursday - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Friday - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home
Saturday - 45min treadmill cardio fast walk/slow run and incline + P90X Ab Ripper
Sunday - Weights in the Gym or P90X at home

I would have have to say load up on some more fruits and less on the protein bars. Protein bars have quite a few more calories and fat than fruits. Try some negative calorie fruits such as apples.

phal
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
i would have have to say load up on some more fruits and less on the protein bars. Protein bars have quite a few more calories and fat than fruits. try some negative calorie fruits such as apples.

hahahahahahahahahaha

opliko
10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
I would have have to say load up on some more fruits and less on the protein bars. Protein bars have quite a few more calories and fat than fruits. Try some negative calorie fruits such as apples.

That's one of those rumors you need to stay away from. :)

stirge
10-22-2009, 12:38 PM
That's one of those rumors you need to stay away from. :)

I was eating a fruit/protein shake in the morning but a friend told me fruit was just sugar carbs added for no reason, I'm getting my vitamins from the multi and the protein shakes, and I should just stick to protein shakes. Yes? No?

huwgarms
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
as above, doesnt look like your getting enough cals to be honest, aim for food roughly every 3 hrs, try to consume most of your carbs prior to the afternoon - not including pre workout carbs, start eating as soon as u wake or as close as possible- kick start that metab.

fruit is fine, again simple sugers so be careful, workout cardio in prior to breakie if u can but get your protien shake in first

im the same as you meat meat meat, tough to get your greens then huh?

try to work out your nominal calorie intake based on your body weight then subtract 4-500 cals for your deficit

stirge
10-23-2009, 05:43 AM
as above, doesnt look like your getting enough cals to be honest, aim for food roughly every 3 hrs, try to consume most of your carbs prior to the afternoon - not including pre workout carbs, start eating as soon as u wake or as close as possible- kick start that metab.

fruit is fine, again simple sugers so be careful, workout cardio in prior to breakie if u can but get your protien shake in first

im the same as you meat meat meat, tough to get your greens then huh?

try to work out your nominal calorie intake based on your body weight then subtract 4-500 cals for your deficit

Thanks for the advise, I'm going to try to regulate my eating better, I have been taking those REcreate things and they say to take 30 minutes before food, so I'm taking them as soon as I wake up, and then I'm drinking my protein shake 30 minutes after. I'm trying to do AM cardio but I'm at work by 8 and it's a 30 minute drive, hard to wake up at 5:30 to be able to get meaningful workout time.

huwgarms
10-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the advise, I'm going to try to regulate my eating better, I have been taking those REcreate things and they say to take 30 minutes before food, so I'm taking them as soon as I wake up, and then I'm drinking my protein shake 30 minutes after. I'm trying to do AM cardio but I'm at work by 8 and it's a 30 minute drive, hard to wake up at 5:30 to be able to get meaningful workout time.

hi buddy, yea i know what u mean but you get used to it, im up at 5.3o on the excercise bike for 45 mins 3 times a week and start work at 7.30 so it can be done you just need a goal i think, why not try three days a week of early cardio till crimbo and plan on wearing a real tight shirt for that crimbo night out with work?? helps to motivate? :-) good luck anyway

KyleSlim
10-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Fructose found in fruits is a sugar exception in that it doesn't digest fast. It's more of a medium digestion rate which makes fruit great pre workout.

I would have have to say load up on some more fruits and less on the protein bars. Protein bars have quite a few more calories and fat than fruits. Try some negative calorie fruits such as apples. <<<<<This did make me rofl though.

stirge
10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
hi buddy, yea i know what u mean but you get used to it, im up at 5.3o on the excercise bike for 45 mins 3 times a week and start work at 7.30 so it can be done you just need a goal i think, why not try three days a week of early cardio till crimbo and plan on wearing a real tight shirt for that crimbo night out with work?? helps to motivate? :-) good luck anyway

Excellent advise and you have been repped!