PDA

View Full Version : No longer a pain in the A$$ to plan my diet!! YES!!

stickyrikky
10-19-2009, 11:57 PM
So I once again started a very strict weight gain diet... I'm eating 3,000 calories per day, 6 meals per day. 30% fat, 40% carbs, and 30% protein. It's supposed to be as exact as possible, but it is always such a pain in the a** trying to figure out what to eat, portion size, etc. So I usually just say screw it... and eat as much as possible. Well, this time around I really want to be as percise as possible with my diet so that I can accurately track my results. So the nerd in me went to work and came up with a pretty good meal planner/calculator using excel. I know there is similar stuff available online... but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. Anyways, if anyone wants to give it a try let me know and I'll send you the file. I don't think I can attach excel files to this post. I guess I'll probably need your email address.

Just a little on how it works...

There's two tabs/sheets in the file. One tab is labeled "Food Index". You click on the "Food Index" tab and it brings you to a sheet where you enter in any food you want and give it any ID# you want. Then you fill in the nutrient info. The other tab is labeled "Meal Tracker". Click on this tab and it brings you to the sheet with the meal planner. For each meal, just enter in the ID# you assinged to your foods from the "Food Index" sheet, of whatever food you are eating for that meal. Then you enter the portion size. That's it and you're pretty much done. Just do this for each meal, each day. It will give you a running total of what you've eaten, and how much you still need to eat for the day, and the average amounts you should eat at each meal to stay on par.

keels141
10-20-2009, 03:27 AM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2gukxma.jpg

bigbrutis2
10-20-2009, 03:30 AM
lol

ives
10-20-2009, 08:45 AM
So I once again started a very strict weight gain diet... I'm eating 3,000 calories per day, 6 meals per day. 30% fat, 40% carbs, and 30% protein. It's supposed to be as exact as possible, but it is always such a pain in the a** trying to figure out what to eat, portion size, etc. So I usually just say screw it... and eat as much as possible. Well, this time around I really want to be as percise as possible with my diet so that I can accurately track my results. So the nerd in me went to work and came up with a pretty good meal planner/calculator using excel. I know there is similar stuff available online... but I couldn't find exactly what I needed. Anyways, if anyone wants to give it a try let me know and I'll send you the file. I don't think I can attach excel files to this post. I guess I'll probably need your email address.

Just a little on how it works...

There's two tabs/sheets in the file. One tab is labeled "Food Index". You click on the "Food Index" tab and it brings you to a sheet where you enter in any food you want and give it any ID# you want. Then you fill in the nutrient info. The other tab is labeled "Meal Tracker". Click on this tab and it brings you to the sheet with the meal planner. For each meal, just enter in the ID# you assinged to your foods from the "Food Index" sheet, of whatever food you are eating for that meal. Then you enter the portion size. That's it and you're pretty much done. Just do this for each meal, each day. It will give you a running total of what you've eaten, and how much you still need to eat for the day, and the average amounts you should eat at each meal to stay on par.

And this is superior to fitday.com how? I like having my food journal available online so I can access it anywhere. And "food index" and "ID#?" Sounds complicated.