PDA

View Full Version : B4+current pics, 216-181, goal: 168 by Dec7th

wolfgang7
10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Quick update to my progress, started at 216lbs in June, currently 181 (Oct), and the goal is 168 by Dec7th(ish). ....ultimate long-term goal is 155-160 with the small, ripped Bruce Lee look.

I can finally start to see the end of the tunnel on this BIOTCHHHH of a journey.

I will NEVER get overweight EVER again....what a serious chore it is to lose this much weight....seriously.

Now if the spare tire around my lower waist would finally go away....it really is the last bit to go isn't it?

13lbs left....final stretch!

Anyone care to estimate my body-fat%?

mikelog
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Quick update to my progress, started at 216lbs in June, currently 181 (Oct), and the goal is 168 by Dec7th(ish). ....ultimate long-term goal is 155-160 with the small, ripped Bruce Lee look.

I can finally start to see the end of the tunnel on this BIOTCHHHH of a journey.

I will NEVER get overweight EVER again....what a serious chore it is to lose this much weight....seriously.

Now if the spare tire around my lower waist would finally go away....it really is the last bit to go isn't it?

Great work man. Now you know the effort that goes into losing weight. Much easier to put on than to take off huh. I will never put the same weight on again either after counting calories everyday for the last several months. You are almost to your goal like me. Way to bring in the holidays with a new body.

kingofswing01
10-19-2009, 08:54 PM

boy fat around 20& imo

dalessandro12
10-19-2009, 09:55 PM

Good job man, care to share any tips on how you did it? I'm about your height and starting weight and am looking to get around 180ish. Send me a PM if you don't mind. THANKS

wolfgang7
10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
first, i'm deployed...and it's tough, for me anyway, to track calories with the crap they serve here. so i replaced breakfast and dinner with a protien shake, natural peanut butter and flax seed. that's easy to track (about 1200 calories total)....

then throughout the day i eat 2 sammiches with whole wheat bread and nat. peanut butter (not a lot of PB, cals add up quick with it!), and either 4 eggs hardboild, or chicken or some other meat/protein.

workouts are:
sundays: off
mondays: upper body
tuesdays: cardio (HIIT)
wednesdays: lower body
thursdays: cardio (HIIT)
fridays: upper body
saturdays: cardio (HIIT)

cardio(HIIT) consists of 1 minute vigorous jumprope, 20 pushups, 1 minute jumprope, 20 crunches....repeat till 30 minutes passes. then walk/jog/sprint for 30 minutes. I hit the HIIT as hard as possible on an empty stomach....it's absolute hell but i end up craving the adrenalin rush that comes post workout.

switch up upper and lower body days each week.

cheat day is monday, as long as I reached my weight goal for the week i eat anything and everything in sight if i'm hungry....and hit the tuesday cardio extra heavy to make me feel a little better about it :D

dalessandro12
10-19-2009, 10:13 PM
first, i'm deployed...and it's tough, for me anyway, to track calories with the crap they serve here. so i replaced breakfast and dinner with a protien shake, natural peanut butter and flax seed. that's easy to track (about 1200 calories total)....

then throughout the day i eat 2 sammiches with whole wheat bread and nat. peanut butter (not a lot of PB, cals add up quick with it!), and either 4 eggs hardboild, or chicken or some other meat/protein.

workouts are:
sundays: off
mondays: upper body
tuesdays: cardio (HIIT)
wednesdays: lower body
thursdays: cardio (HIIT)
fridays: upper body
saturdays: cardio (HIIT)

cardio(HIIT) consists of 1 minute vigorous jumprope, 20 pushups, 1 minute jumprope, 20 crunches....repeat till 30 minutes passes. then walk/jog/sprint for 30 minutes. I hit the HIIT as hard as possible on an empty stomach....it's absolute hell but i end up craving the adrenalin rush that comes post workout.

switch up upper and lower body days each week.

cheat day is monday, as long as I reached my weight goal for the week i eat anything and everything in sight if i'm hungry....and hit the tuesday cardio extra heavy to make me feel a little better about it :D

You sir are hardcore! Unfortunately, I am trying to stay away from HIIT at the moment because I am recovering from foot surgery. I may purchase an elliptical to start getting cardio in with my lifting.

Doesn't sound this would work for me but good to see you are doing well. Reps to you bro!

WishIHadAName
10-20-2009, 07:11 AM
18-20%

euclid
10-20-2009, 08:59 AM
I hope this doesn't sound like a dick statement, because I'm not trying to be - but, I think you've got more than 13 lbs left to lose. I just don't want you to get discouraged when you lose that weight and you aren't ripped up. Bruce lee was a small dude and you don't necessarily have a small frame, so aspiring to have his sort of look may not be in your best interests.

BISDAK
10-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Good Job..keep it up. I know how hard it is to stay on track while deployed.

th3pwn3r
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I hope this doesn't sound like a dick statement, because I'm not trying to be - but, I think you've got more than 13 lbs left to lose. I just don't want you to get discouraged when you lose that weight and you aren't ripped up. Bruce lee was a small dude and you don't necessarily have a small frame, so aspiring to have his sort of look may not be in your best interests.

I agree, it's most likely going to take cutting more than 13 pounds to really obtain the look you desire. Also, I would like to say...it's probably not a bad idea to train legs more than anything else.

wolfgang7
10-20-2009, 03:16 PM
no no, i agree totally and appreciate your honesty.

my goal for this current deployment I'm on was to lose weight, and get down to 168 by the time I leave, early Dec. so I'm 13 lbs away from that is what I meant...i still plan to cut well after 168...

long term goal is to get well below that and then tighten up the muscles...eventually I'm thinking around 148-150lbs give or take...

and yeah my natural frame is much bigger than Lee's, by saying that I was sort of implying that my overall intention is to get that cut, muscular look....not really focusing on large muscles, but nice and toned....detail is what I'm after. I wanna see muscle fibers, individual smaller muscles....etc.

thanks for all the input....th3pwn3r, can you elaborate on the 'train legs more than anything else' statement? I'm always thirsty for knowledge and not sure I totally follow why? thanks again!

Dopeshow16
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
excellent job!! Keep it up!