PDA

View Full Version : Cutting? Any advice appreciated

AFreshStart
10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Hello, I weighed in at a very unhappy 242 pounds at the beginning of this year. Through p90x and running I eventually got down to 160 pounds. My diet was really messed up though and I burned a ton of muscle. Since mid july I started bulking again and now am sitting at 182. Im want to cut down to 165 because I know feel I would be pretty solid and not skinny fat like before. I am terrified that when I cut again that I will lose the mass I've put on. So this is my question, " What should I do to keep from burning muscle as far as caloric and protein needs are concerned?" I am 6'0" and currently run 3-5 miles a day and lift heavy four days a week. Any information you guys could give me is greatly appreciated.

skills101
10-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Hello, I weighed in at a very unhappy 242 pounds at the beginning of this year. Through p90x and running I eventually got down to 160 pounds. My diet was really messed up though and I burned a ton of muscle. Since mid july I started bulking again and now am sitting at 182. Im want to cut down to 165 because I know feel I would be pretty solid and not skinny fat like before. I am terrified that when I cut again that I will lose the mass I've put on. So this is my question, " What should I do to keep from burning muscle as far as caloric and protein needs are concerned?" I am 6'0" and currently run 3-5 miles a day and lift heavy four days a week. Any information you guys could give me is greatly appreciated.

Read the sticky "How to lose fat for noobs." Saves you and us the time.

charlie335
10-18-2009, 10:11 PM
follow this simple approach.

eat 6 meals, every 2-3 hours.

each meal 40g protein/40g carbs/10g fat, make sure you add some green veg to at least a couple meals.

hit the weights 3 times a week, do cardio 3 times a week, take 1 day off.

watch the results add up.

mozkilto
10-18-2009, 10:18 PM
follow this simple approach.

eat 6 meals, every 2-3 hours.

each meal 40g protein/40g carbs/10g fat, make sure you add some green veg to at least a couple meals.

hit the weights 3 times a week, do cardio 3 times a week, take 1 day off.

watch the results add up.

That's right!!