PDA

View Full Version : Critique my day...new-ish to cutting

BookMonkey
10-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Ok, so I'm not new to the forum, but I am still green when it comes to the proper bulk/cut thing. I have a reunion that I'm going to one month from now and really want to cut down my bodyfat. I've read most of the stickies, but want real criticism on my diet and what I should change.

As background, I used to be very athletic until I had a horrible case of pneumonia last year. During the recovery period and depression that followed, I gained around 30 lbs and am now at around 165-170 lbs with what I think is around 20% bf (although the online calculators say I'm more towards 15%, my calipers say 20%). I currently work from around 1:30pm-10:30pm 5 days a week and have been trying to get my sleep cycle changed so I'm no longer a night owl (I used to stay up till 5pm everyday so I could wake up at noon for work).

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 169 (as of this morning)
BF%: 15-20

Breakfast (with multivitamin):
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups of oatmeal
- 4 ounces of juice

Before work:
- 4-6 ounces of grilled chicken

During "lunch" break (5pm-ish):
- Subway, 6 inch, double meat, chicken, no cheese, mustard only
* Side note: This is because my work has no sort of break room or fridge or anything yet, and probably won't for another few months.

A few hours after that:
- peanut butter sandwich, consisting of 2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter (omega-3 kind) and 2 slices of whole wheat bread

After getting home:
- A cup of homemade chili, consisting of 85% ground beef (drained of fat), a drained can of black beans, and a drained can of tomatos, with random spices

Water intake: About a gallon, throughout the day.

My maintenance is supposed to be around 2250, and I figure this particular day to be in the range of 1900, but I could be wrong. I'm thinking about lowering my daily calories, but not really sure by how much or what to take out or reduce.

Please help me tweak this so I can gear my way towards my goal.

Eloquent
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
No protein supps?

How much protein all in all?

BookMonkey
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
No protein supps?

How much protein all in all?

Well, sometimes I have 2 scoops of whey protein (about 40g of protein) with the pb sandwich, but not always.

So I'd say my daily intake is about 160-170g, not counting the whey that I do not consistently have.

Masknight
10-26-2009, 02:51 PM
what are your goals? just get some abs and get leaner? i'd think about dropping the subway because of all the salt in it. do a chicken sandwich yourself; letting it sit outside for a few hours isn't gonna make it go bad that fast. just don't put any mayo on it.

are you working out? if yes, what's your plan/routine? and if not, why the frack not?

best way to figure out what's good for you is to test what's working every week. so if you haven't dropped any weight OR don't look any better in the mirror, then tweak your diet