PDA

View Full Version : Last time CFB was this weak?

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Wtf is going on with the lack of QBs? Tebow hasn't been lighting it up. Bradford is a walking injury. McCoy doesn't look that great. Clausen looks like the best out there right now. QBs are cursed this year.

This was supposed to be a ****ing awesome year.. 3-4 "heisman caliber" QBs, handful of teams predicted to go undefeated, w-t-f.

I was about to say that it's Alabama and Florida then everyone else.. but.. it's really not. There are no complete teams this season... not one. Fuuuu.

jump_man23
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
word. im feelin a bcs buster will even make the nat. championship game

FLAY
10-17-2009, 06:15 PM
If FSU did not have the worst defensive start in program history people might be talking about Christian Ponder.

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:15 PM
word. im feelin a bcs buster will even make the nat. championship game

Would be funny. What sucks is the team that stomps them out will get no respect for it.

FLAY
10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Your an LSU fan right? What is the current opinion of the OC at LSU?

ko5567
10-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Wtf is going on with the lack of QBs? Tebow hasn't been lighting it up. Bradford is a walking injury. McCoy doesn't look that great. Clausen looks like the best out there right now. QBs are cursed this year.

This was supposed to be a ****ing awesome year.. 3-4 "heisman caliber" QBs, handful of teams predicted to go undefeated, w-t-f.

I was about to say that it's Alabama and Florida then everyone else.. but.. it's really not. There are no complete teams this season... not one. Fuuuu.

lack of QBs?

case keenum, tony pike(hopefully wont be out long), and kellen moore aren't doing too shabby

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Your an LSU fan right? What is the current opinion of the OC at LSU?

Don't get me started. I originally thought that Miles was the problem, and still do to an extent.. but Crowton is notorious for having one good year, an okay year, and then a ****ing horrible year. He's done it at every school he's been at in recent history, and the trend is continuing at LSU.

I don't think he'll be at LSU next season. If he stays I think Miles will be out the season after.

lack of QBs?

case keenum, tony pike(hopefully wont be out long), and kellen moore aren't doing too shabby

Keenum is good. He's lighting it up. I'm talking about over-all.

Ice-9
10-17-2009, 06:24 PM

It was like that just 2 years ago in 2007......

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:25 PM
It was like that just 2 years ago in 2007......

LSU and Georgia looked great in 2007. But yeah, in 2007 everyone had 2 losses. I'm still mind ****ed on how that LSU team managed to lose 2 games. QB play wasn't the issue in 2007, if anything it was a strength.

Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Brian Brohm, Chad Henne, Woodson..

feardafronfz3
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Too much parity these days

PatrickBateman1
10-17-2009, 06:29 PM
bmy-

I believe you meant to say "last time CFB defenses were this strong?"...

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:29 PM
bmy-

I believe you meant to say "last time CFB defenses were this strong?"...

Nah. Just teams as a unit. Offense + Defense + Special teams. There are quite a few very strong defenses though, so that's a good point.

Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, LSU, Ole Miss, Penn St, Idaho.. all stout defensive teams

PatrickBateman1
10-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Nah. Just teams as a unit. Offense + Defense + Special teams. There are quite a few very strong defenses though, so that's a good point.

Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, LSU, Ole Miss, Penn St, Idaho.. all stout defensive teams

I'm gonna sound like a broken record and people are going to start getting annoyed, but...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Unless you have a guy like (college) Vince Young running your offense, you will not win it all with an average defense. The key is being able to let your offense make mistakes but not let those mistakes lose the game for you.

feardafronfz3
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
if bud foster ever becomes a head coach at a big time school, ill bet my life savings he wins a national championship before he retires

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm gonna sound like a broken record and people are going to start getting annoyed, but...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Unless you have a guy like (college) Vince Young running your offense, you will not win it all with an average defense. The key is being able to let your offense make mistakes but not let those mistakes lose the game for you.

Nah man, I hear ya. LSU 2007 had an 'average' defense by my standards (but I was used to the phucking awesome Saban D), but they won it all. When I think awesome defense.. I think Alabama 2009, LSU 2003/2006, Florida 2009, USC 2008, etc.

Defense is the truth.

bmy-
10-17-2009, 06:38 PM
if bud foster ever becomes a head coach at a big time school, ill bet my life savings he wins a national championship before he retires

I'd kill someone for him to be at LSU, **** tons of offensive talent that's currently being squandered.