PDA

View Full Version : adding honey to porridge bad?

Slugs
10-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Started my diet, and having a REALLY hard time adjusting to this new diet. I was thinking, would adding some extras, such as honey to my porridge, and some seasoning to lunch and dinner, or should I man the **** up and eat my veggies and breaky like a good boy?

I.E. is Seasoning and honey likely to be have a negative impact on my diet, if I'm using it to help me take in my diet, or should I just stuff myself and get it over with, even though I've no appetite?

phal
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Take a venture over to the M.E.N thead (Meals Eating Now) - adding spices + extras to rather unappetizing foods (granted I actually enjoy some of then plain too!) is how you make things enjoyable.

I think I add salsa and hot sauce to everything I can, Mrs' Dash when I can, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, honey, PB, cocoa - list goes on and on.

TLDR: Yes add things to foods to make them taste better, but make sure you can account for it at the end of the day (if it adds anything calorie/macro wise IE: Honey = carbs)

AbysmalRage
10-13-2009, 02:49 PM
honestly man your thinking about this way to much. its pretty simple, train and eat accordingly to your goals. Dont get to anal about a little extra honey in your ****