PDA

View Full Version : The Michigan Wolverines are playing Delaware St this week...

BangBrahs
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
This is why the Big Ten gets such a bad rep. Michigan is always scheduling these little cupcakes. Why can't they schedule teams like USC or Texas? Discuss.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=130

OrganizdChaos
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
This is why the Big Ten gets such a bad rep. Michigan is always scheduling these little cupcakes. Why can't they schedule teams like USC or Texas? Discuss.

In b4 Floria vs Charlestown

oldmantime
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM

because they leave the embarassment to Ohio State.

BangBrahs
10-12-2009, 03:59 PM
In b4 Floria vs Charlestown
I can understand scheduling high school level teams in week 1, but in the middle of the season?

Blake Austin
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Just about every single team in I-A schedules a game against a I-AA team.

BangBrahs
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Just about every single team in I-A schedules a game against a I-AA team.
Michigan already played both Western and Eastern Michigan, which are worse than some I-AA teams...

Blake Austin
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Michigan already played both Western and Eastern Michigan, which are worse than some I-AA teams...

Oh, hmmmmmm, didn't know that.

I guess then, after their horrific season last year, they are trying to pick up some easy wins. Penn State schedules really weak Out of Conference games also.

BangBrahs
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh, hmmmmmm, didn't know that.

I guess then, after their horrific season last year, they are trying to pick up some easy wins. Penn State schedules really weak Out of Conference games also.
The whole Big Ten does

ESPforMe
10-12-2009, 04:14 PM
So much worse than scheduling Montana State..................... obviously

pro11skj
10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
oh very comparable to usc vs nd.

AS40
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
oh very comparable to usc vs nd.

zinger~

HereComesTraveler
10-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Do you really think Michigan wants any part of USC?

PatrickBateman1
10-12-2009, 05:05 PM

People like this are impossible. If we go and play tough teams then you'll bitch and moan about mid-major teams not getting a fair shot at playing good competition, but when we go and play a smaller D1 team then we're avoiding people? Give me a freaking break.

And it's not just the Big 10 buddy, you can find at least one (usually more) of those "cupcake" teams on the schedule of basically every major program in the country.

ESPforMe
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
People like this are impossible. If we go and play tough teams then you'll bitch and moan about mid-major teams not getting a fair shot at playing good competition, but when we go and play a smaller D1 team then we're avoiding people? Give me a freaking break.

And it's not just the Big 10 buddy, you can find at least one (usually more) of those "cupcake" teams on the schedule of basically every major program in the country.
The thing is... he's a MSU fan.

MSU's OOC schedule is:

Montana St
Central Mich
Notre Dame
Western Mich

WOW so much better than UM's lol

SuperAmmo
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, it's the battle of the wings on the helmets.

Just pointing that out.

PatrickBateman1
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Well, it's the battle of the wings on the helmets.

Just pointing that out.

That's actually U of Delaware.

HereComesTraveler
10-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Four teams have not played a D1-AA team.

Washington, USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame.

Washington scheduled Eastern Washington for 2011 I think so it is down to USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame.

G-mane12
10-12-2009, 06:39 PM
delaware STATE.. LOL

they playing one of the ****test 1AA teams ever

ko5567
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM

yeah basically if a team played everyone that was ranked the whole season they'd still find a way to bitch about how it was a weak schedule lol

why so ez?
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Uh Michigan had Notre Dame scheduled. One upper tier OOC opponent is respectable enough these days considering the way BCS rewards teams for winning against cupcake teams. There are so many schools that can be blamed for a ****ty OOC schedule before Michigan. I'm a die hard fan of Penn State and I will say our OOC schedule this year is absolutely pathetic.

Tyler44
10-12-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL do you smoke rocks? MAC teams are actually pretty decent, the reason you never see a MAC team as a BCS buster is because they're all middle of the road teams that beat up on each other. They're not amazing, don't get me wrong, but they're certainly better than 1-AA teams.

But to answer your original question, Michigan does schedule some OOC games, maybe they wanted to make this year a bit easier since they're still in a rebuilding phase. Historically, Michigan fares pretty well in their OOC games. OSU and the big ten get more bad publicity than they're due. OSU's last two big OOC games (USC and Texas) were both decided by 1 score. That an of course, the rose bowl is always against the PAC 10 winner (essentially, USC). If our bowl game was against any other conference except maybe the SEC, our record wouldn't be so bad.

All in all, the Big 10 probably falls somewhere in the middle of the BCS conferences. I would rank it like this:

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3/4 PAC 10 or Big 10
5. ACC
6. Big East

I agree on all points. People talk down to the MAC all the time but some of those teams are pretty decent. OhioU played Tennesse real tough a few weeks back, the same Tenn team that played tough against Florida. The Mac beats the hell outa eachother and they rarely have one team with a great record.

The Big10 does exactly what every other conference does, so I dnt get all the hate.

Ice-9
10-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Like I said, it was the two NC blowouts. It's going to take some time before people will let that go. As I said, our last 2 big stage games (USC/Texas) were both down to the wire (in fact, OSU lost both games late in the 4th quarter), so it's not as though OSU still isn't competing.

Is sad that OSU fans now act like "keeping it close" with a good teams is some kind of moral victory.
Bottom line is that they are what, 0-6? 0-7 in their last 6-7 games against top 5 teams? With around half those games being blowouts.

Wins against big-name OOC opponents are the only thing that will repair OSU, and by extension the Big Ten's reputation nationwide.

NoS_oUtLaSt
10-12-2009, 11:03 PM
in b4

Prlxc1qaaLY

Ice-9
10-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Did I ever once say that the scrutiny tOSU gets is baseless? No, I didn't. It's warranted. However, almost none of the current team was even playing when the blowouts occurred, so it's not really fair (or wise) to judge them based on that. I do however, agree with you that a big OOC victory for OSU needs to happen before the Big10 can really establish dominance over other conferences.

Almost none of the current team was playing last year when OSU traveled to and was throttled in Pasadena?
Mind = Blown

But in all fairness, I understand what you're trying to say.
Btw, OSU fans are villainized because many are pompous retards (when it comes to CFB) by the way. It kind of sucks for the minority that actually seems to have a clue, but such is life. And for the record, I live in Columbus and share a house with three Buckeye fans, so I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of the subject matter being discussed here.

Mafiafolife77
10-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Ohio State gets a bad rep and its kind of a shame. People have dubbed them overrated as soon as they get beat by USC (OOC) by people who are fans of conferences scheduling terrible teams OOC. Funny thing is: Ohio State is 4-0 after losing to USC this season. Last year they went on to beat 3 nationally ranked teams after the loss to USC.

ezmac31
10-13-2009, 05:11 AM
with the exception of Miami, i think almost all cfb teams schedule pretty weak nonconference games...