PDA

View Full Version : Military diet

1badma
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I am serving over in Kuwait and the food here is not really up to standards to lose weight. I am at a solid 220 and would like to lose some weight but not lose any mass. I work out every day and do some form of cardio. I think the reason i cant lose weight is we can only eat 3 times a day and I dont know what to eat. I eat mainly 1 chicken breast and a salad every meal but i dont think im taking in enough food. I also drink a protein shake everyday before workouts and only drink water. Please help!

xAlphax
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I am serving over in Kuwait and the food here is not really up to standards to lose weight. I am at a solid 220 and would like to lose some weight but not lose any mass. I work out every day and do some form of cardio. I think the reason i cant lose weight is we can only eat 3 times a day and I dont know what to eat. I eat mainly 1 chicken breast and a salad every meal but i dont think im taking in enough food. I also drink a protein shake everyday before workouts and only drink water. Please help!

Meal frequency has nothing to do with cutting calories. Define salad. Where did you get your protein shake from?

1badma
10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Meal frequency has nothing to do with cutting calories. Define salad. Where did you get your protein shake from?

just lettuce a little dressing carrots. I am taking syntha 6

Pain!
10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
You need to eat small meals more often, it'll ramp up your metabolism to burn more calories efficiently. Take an extra to go when you visit the DFAC you're allowed two meals. Eat five small meals a day.
You didn't mention your workout timing, but I'd suggest doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and lifting later in the day if possible.
If you're worried about losing muscle, take in extra ammino acids, either with caps or liver tabs. I carry a bag of liver tabs around with me here and toss em down during the day, also liver tabs keep well in the crazy heat.
Just remember, Calories expended> Calories ingested= weight loss.
Hope that helps.