PDA

View Full Version : I'M FxCKIN FAT AND NEED DIET HELP...

rwallis84
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
i am 6'3" 400 lbs...i need help...i am a basic eater. love chicken, turkey, oatmeal, fruits, vegetable (steamers mainly)...please help me formulate a plan...i lift 3 days a week and do cardio on those days and walk 4 miles on my off days

wave_length
10-05-2009, 09:11 PM
i am 6'3" 400 lbs...i need help...i am a basic eater. love chicken, turkey, oatmeal, fruits, vegetable (steamers mainly)...please help me formulate a plan...i lift 3 days a week and do cardio on those days and walk 4 miles on my off days

See sticky on top of the forum:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

Good luck! :)

JOLLYL
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM
cardio gonna be your best friend man and a good diet. :) Good Luck

RaveBDK
10-05-2009, 09:20 PM

it all comes out to one basic rule.....

eat less.

that should be all the help you need.

Buddha_TL
10-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Usually I don't recommend meds but try Dexatrim Max. It should be a powder drink. It tastes like fruit juice. You will eat less while on it.

ASK.
10-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Find a diet that you're comfortable with... For me i love Dave Palumbo's diet... I don't feel tired at all, except the first couple days i was entering keto. However, after that introduction to keto, it's not even a diet. You don't even think it's a diet and you just enjoy eating what you eat while seeing results. So my point is that you should find a diet where you're eating enough and with a diverse amounts of food that you'll lose weight (Calories in < calories out) without knowing that you're on a diet. Simply put, you're secretly on a diet, but LOVE It.

mariusjacobsen
10-06-2009, 03:31 AM
it all comes out to one basic rule.....

eat less.

that should be all the help you need.

+ move more

rwallis84
10-06-2009, 03:41 AM
thanks to everyone who responded!

ryanoakes
10-06-2009, 05:07 AM
thanks to everyone who responded!

also.. if ur working in a resteraunt... quit your job, eating the foods 2 meals a day from there is what made you fat in the first place.

SuffolkPunch
10-06-2009, 05:23 AM
Sounds like you are doing everything right... if you are not losing weight, it must be purely down to portion control.

Have a look at intermittent fasting as a way of controlling your appetite. This work well for most people.

http://leangains.blogspot.com/search/label/Principles

seriouslifter
10-06-2009, 05:34 AM
strong 3rd angry post

TheReductionist
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Find a diet that you're comfortable with... For me i love Dave Palumbo's diet... I don't feel tired at all, except the first couple days i was entering keto. However, after that introduction to keto, it's not even a diet. You don't even think it's a diet and you just enjoy eating what you eat while seeing results. So my point is that you should find a diet where you're eating enough and with a diverse amounts of food that you'll lose weight (Calories in < calories out) without knowing that you're on a diet. Simply put, you're secretly on a diet, but LOVE It.

This is going to be a big factor, you're going to be able to stick to your diet if you are eating foods you enjoy (as long as you get the minimal nutritional in, which you will find in the link Wave_Length posts). Just because someone else has success on one particular type of diet doesn't mean that it going to be good for YOU. At the point you are at now you will see pleasing results as long as you stay in a calorie deficit. Although intermittent fasting is a great way to lose fat no doubt, it would probably be best to just eat as you feel truly hungry throughout the day and learn to control your appetite from that.

charlie335
10-06-2009, 07:49 AM
also.. if ur working in a resteraunt... quit your job, eating the foods 2 meals a day from there is what made you fat in the first place.

Wrong. Its about willpower. I work in a restaurant and it has not stopped me from losing 100+ lbs. Prepare your food in advance.

RUDEMIX
10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
I was in the same boat when I started. This site has been a great help and those on here very motivational and supportive. I started by counting and tracking my calorie intake everyday and breaking my meals into six balanced meals a day which means I am never hungry. The most important thing to me though is that my eating is not a "diet" anymore but a lifestyle. Cardio has helped out the most in my quest. I started with a six day cardio split on a treadmill. I am OLD so with the fear of blowing out my knees, I walk on an incline keeping my heart rate up during the entire program. There are those who will discuss a HIIT (High intensity interval training) cardio program stating it is more effective, and they are correct. But with my knees I have to worry. I found this site and added weight training about 12 months into my program. I wish I had found this site sooner. I am now on a four day weight training split with a three day cardio split. I am working on lowering body fat (And also trying to do anything about the loose skin from being fat my entire life). The search button is your friend. There is information about any question you may have. Nutrition, diet and excercise will keep you making gains toward your goal. Though most here are much more educated and have more knowledge in this area than I, PM me if you have any questions I can help with.

kurty8
10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
first thing is get a plan...and be releastic quitting YOUR JOB IS NOT RELEASTIC!!!..Set goals as in 1month from now, 3 months 6, 12....2 don't listening to eveything people say...half of it is bs----3rd its not a diet...you need to change how you look at food. This is not something your going to do for a year, its something you need to do for life. Most important thing about food is moderation.
And start easy. I would recomend getting up alittle early and going for a walk what ever you can do even if its 20 minutes....then in a few weeks try for 30 minutes...if you keep at you will succeed!!!

Best of luck, let me know if you have any questions!!!!

darkninja67
10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Pretty easy to do if you have willpower and discipline (hard part).
Lower intake, increase activity, watch what types of food you are eating, drink a lot of water and get lots of sleep. Set some goals like stated above too. That is HUGE for me.
Works for me but I am pretty strict.
Keep a log or join fitday too.

Good luck with the new lifestyle. Win the battle first then the war. You can do it.