PDA

View Full Version : How does Favre have a chip on his shoulder??

evilsteve02
10-04-2009, 09:00 AM
The game today against GB....i am watching espn (who blows Favre's dick on a daily basis by the way) and they are talking about how Farve wants to kill GB and how he wants revenge...how? He retired after waiting till the last minute to make his decision (same crap he pulled the year before)...the Packers went on with their lives, then he says he wants to play, then gets mad and wants traded when he is told he has to compete for the starting job?....Just becuase he doesn't want to go to training camps or do any of the mandatory workouts? **** you espn and Favre. If anything it is the Green Bay organization who was stabbed in the back.

papi93
10-04-2009, 09:05 AM
There's more to the story. It's traced back to when Favre pleaded with General Manager Ted Thompson to bring in Randy Moss for a mere fourth round draft pick. Thompson wanted the fourth round draft pick more. That fourth round pick turned out to be Alan Barbre. He rarely saw playing time his first two years and was handed the right tackle position this season on a silver platter. What happened? He gave up 2.5 sacks in his first game. Randy Moss gave Tom Brady a record setting season passing. Favre doesn't want to stick it to Green Bay, he wants to stick it to their General Manager.

papi93
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
With that said, Favre should have retired after the NFC Title loss. He played like an old man who couldn't take the cold. He had done that once before that season against the Bears. Favre used to be unbeatable in the cold weather. Age has caught up to him. I don't even think he cares about a Super Bowl. He just wants revenge against Thompson.

cncman
10-04-2009, 09:08 AM
My Mom says that my preschool teachers accused me of being born old. They said I'd made them feel sheepish in a way that no other child they'd ever met had made them feel sheepish. They had been orchestrating some kind of pretending game in which they were supposed to be circus ponies. Lucy Day the preschooler was not convinced. "You don't look like circus ponies." And indeed they were not cicrusy or pony-like. They were sheepish.

evilsteve02
10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
There's more to the story. It's traced back to when Favre pleaded with General Manager Ted Thompson to bring in Randy Moss for a mere fourth round draft pick. Thompson wanted the fourth round draft pick more. That fourth round pick turned out to be Alan Barbre. He rarely saw playing time his first two years and was handed the right tackle position this season on a silver platter. What happened? He gave up 2.5 sacks in his first game. Randy Moss gave Tom Brady a record setting season passing. Favre doesn't want to stick it to Green Bay, he wants to stick it to their General Manager.

that was a rumor....never proven. So when if that did happen anyways? Farve isn't playing with randy moss in Minnasota, he didn't play with him with the Jets... He just wanted to start w/o having to work for it. Brett Favre didn't own or manage the Packers...he was a player his job is to go out on the field throw his 1 td to 1 int ratio and shut his mouth. Like all players should do. Not to menton i believe the packers went to the NFC championship game that year and Brett Favre blew it hard.

papi93
10-04-2009, 09:17 AM
that was a rumor....never proven. So when if that did happen anyways? Farve isn't playing with randy moss in Minnasota, he didn't play with him with the Jets... He just wanted to start w/o having to work for it. Brett Favre didn't own or manage the Packers...he was a player his job is to go out on the field throw his 1 td to 1 int ratio and shut his mouth. Like all players should do. Not to menton i believe the packers went to the NFC championship game that year and Brett Favre blew it hard.

I live in Wisconsin and have followed the Packers since Bart Starr was their head coach. To say that he was not extremely bitter over that deal means your drinking Haterade. Favre is playing in Minnesota to stick it to Packers GM Ted Thompson. I listen to Wisconsin Sports Radio everyday of the week. Favre didn't want to play for the Jets by Thompson set up a trade that if Favre was traded to the Vikings, the Packers would get three first round picks. No one is going to give that up for a guy that could retire at any moment or at his age. Of course he is now lazy and wants to skip training camp. That's why I said he should have retired after the NFC Championship loss. His age has gotten to him. Favre's last year with the Packers was to lead their offense with veteran experience. For the majority of the season, that is what he did. Your hate is strong...save it for a douchebag like Vick, Little, Stallworth, etc.

Greg1983
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
There's more to the story. It's traced back to when Favre pleaded with General Manager Ted Thompson to bring in Randy Moss for a mere fourth round draft pick. Thompson wanted the fourth round draft pick more.

Quit crying about this already. It wasn't about the pick. On a young and rebuilding team, he wanted to develop some of the young receivers he drafted like Jennings. That wouldn't have happened with Moss in Green Bay. Jennings is now a top 10 receiver in the league.

That fourth round pick turned out to be Alan Barbre.

With how much you bitch about him, learn how to spell his damn name.

He rarely saw playing time his first two years and was handed the right tackle position this season on a silver platter.

The fact that he waited two years for a starting job makes your claim that he was handed the job on a silver platter ridiculous. He stepped in when a 32 year old with a lot of mileage already tore his ACL. If Tauscher was young and healthy Barbre wouldn't be starting. But that's not the case, so the position was up for grabs. He played well in the preseason and earned the spot.

What happened? He gave up 2.5 sacks in his first game.

He had a bad game in his first start, and has improved since.

Randy Moss gave Tom Brady a record setting season passing. Favre doesn't want to stick it to Green Bay, he wants to stick it to their General Manager.

Yeah he wants to stick it to a GM who decided to go with youth, and that youth has clearly outperformed Brett ever since the change. I don't blame him for wanting revenge, but I hope he gets steamrolled in the process of attempting to get it.

markusjj85
10-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Yeah he wants to stick it to a GM who decided to go with youth, and that youth has clearly outperformed Brett ever since the change. I don't blame him for wanting revenge, but I hope he gets steamrolled in the process of attempting to get it.
Not in the W-L column.

papi93
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't blame him for wanting revenge,

That is the whole point of the thread. Why does Favre have a chip on his shoulder? I explained the reasons that he wants revenge. You are just here to argue like always. No thanks.

Greg1983
10-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Not in the W-L column.

Yeah and Drew Brees didn't outperform Kerry Collins in the W-L column over the same timeframe.

That is the whole point of the thread. Why does Favre have a chip on his shoulder? I explained the reasons that he wants revenge. You are just here to argue like always. No thanks.

If you post the same retarded complaints as always, I'll refute them as always.

papi93
10-05-2009, 06:11 AM
If you post the same retarded complaints as always, I'll refute them as always.

It's the REASON he has a chip on his shoulder. Back to thread derailing I see.

Greg1983
10-05-2009, 06:43 AM
It's the REASON he has a chip on his shoulder. Back to thread derailing I see.

Yeah your bitchfest about Barbre was on topic.

cor030
10-05-2009, 06:44 AM
http://18.media.tumblr.com/pU1p3ehaPp0owg43RihIwoCro1_400.gif

papi93
10-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah your bitchfest about Barbre was on topic.

It clearly illustrates how an old vet who doesn't have many years left could have used a weapon instantly rather than waiting around three years to get crushed by a defensive end.

Greg1983
10-05-2009, 07:04 AM
It clearly illustrates how an old vet who doesn't have many years left could have used a weapon instantly rather than waiting around three years to get crushed by a defensive end.

And I clearly illustrated how Thompson has a team to run and shouldn't have bent over to a 37 year old man's every wish.

papi93
10-05-2009, 07:07 AM
And I clearly illustrated how Thompson has a team to run and shouldn't have bent over to a 37 year old man's every wish.

...and that clearly isn't the topic of this thread. It was to explain why Favre would have a chip on his shoulder.

Greg1983
10-05-2009, 07:13 AM
...and that clearly isn't the topic of this thread. It was to explain why Favre would have a chip on his shoulder.

And if he doesn't understand why Thompson won't bend to a well past his prime quarterback's every wish, and wants to exact revenge for that, then that's pretty good evidence that he has a pretty good sized chip on his shoulder. Wow I really have to spell it out for you.

papi93
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
And if he doesn't understand why Thompson won't bend to a well past his prime quarterback's every wish, and wants to exact revenge for that, then that's pretty good evidence that he has a pretty good sized chip on his shoulder. Wow I really have to spell it out for you.

Well past his prime? Favre was a Pro Bowler in the 2007 and lead the team to some great victories. If Moss was on the team, the Packers could have very well been in the Super Bowl that year and what would have happened with the Pats? Fail.

Greg1983
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Well past his prime? Favre was a Pro Bowler in the 2007 and lead the team to some great victories. If Moss was on the team, the Packers could have very well been in the Super Bowl that year and what would have happened with the Pats? Fail.

He had a great year, but do I really need to explain to you how he's been past his prime for years now? Have you seen him win 3 MVPs in a row lately? Going into that year, you had a QB with a lot of mileage on his body coming off back to back seasons with a ~70 QB rating. That's not who you let call the shots when you have a talented young QB ready to take over, and one who wound up outperforming the older one ever since he became starter.

As for Moss, you have no idea what would have happened with him on the team that year and neither do I. Wide receiver play was definitely the least of our worries that year and it's not like he's had a positive impact on every team he's played on. Fail. At life.

KingCanuck
10-05-2009, 07:42 AM
He had a great year, but do I really need to explain to you how he's been past his prime for years now? Have you seen him win 3 MVPs in a row lately? Going into that year, you had a QB with a lot of mileage on his body coming off back to back seasons with a ~70 QB rating. That's not who you let call the shots when you have a talented young QB ready to take over, and one who wound up outperforming the older one ever since he became starter.

As for Moss, you have no idea what would have happened with him on the team that year and neither do I. Wide receiver play was definitely the least of our worries that year and it's not like he's had a positive impact on every team he's played on. Fail. At life.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z270/IK2121/tigerwoods.gif

Wow, you need to stop embarrassing papi93 online.

xzp
10-05-2009, 07:43 AM

not really..being a Raider fan, and after hearing a LOT of stuff during that time, a deal WAS on the table for some time. It was originally Rodgers and a 7th for Moss. That's what the Raiders wanted, and the Packers almost did it, as Rodgers had kinda fallen out of favor for a bit..

While favre did stink in the NFC Champ. Game, he still got kicked outta town..I mean, instead of adding one or two weapons and becoming INSTANT SB contenders, they decided to reload with Rodgers...
I'd be pissed at Ted Thompson too if I was Favre. Apart from that?, no one else for Favre to really hate against.

papi93
10-05-2009, 07:45 AM

You enjoy crapping on Favre but let's be honest, he was much more knowledgable of the system and got the ball out much quicker. What has James Jones done since Favre left? Rodgers right now can only get the ball consistently to Jennings and Driver. Favre was able to spread the ball around to everyone, even crap receivers like Ruvell Martin.

Favre worked well with Javon Walker (tall receiver who could catch a jump ball and made the Pro Bowl). Walker can't even be described as a poor man's Randy Moss. Moss helped to give Brady his greatest statistical season ever and it wasn't even close. To say that Moss wouldn't have improved the Packers offense is being blind to reality.

To use your argument against you, how can you say that Favre wouldn't have had a great season in 2008 leading the Packers offense? Playing in a new system (Mangina's) is hardly the same as playing in McCarthy's (two years of experience).

Starting with personal insults doesn't mean that your point still doesn't fail. Inb4 you try to find a typo somewhere.

Messiahtype
10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
-Clearly Green Bay made the right decision, since Rodgers is better than Favre at this point. If Favre thinks otherwise, he is an idiot. Green Bay made the perfect decision there. Actually, they let the wishy washy old bastard stay around for too long as it was. I'd have sent him packing after 05 when he threw nearly 30 picks.

-Brett Favre has no reason to want "revenge" at GB not getting Randy Moss. Jennings was drafted in 06 and CLEARLY had talent. Driver is as consistent as they come.

-Brett Favre was an employee of the Packers. His job was to try to win games. Not be a GM.

Greg1983
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
You enjoy crapping on Favre but let's be honest, he was much more knowledgable of the system and got the ball out much quicker. What has James Jones done since Favre left? Rodgers right now can only get the ball consistently to Jennings and Driver. Favre was able to spread the ball around to everyone, even crap receivers like Ruvell Martin.

Rodgers got 4038 yards passing last year, so only about 100 yards less than Favre did with virtually the same supporting cast (although consider rushing yards and he generated more offense). Spread the ball around all you want, yards are yards. By the way, Jennings and Driver combined for 2304 of those yards: just over half. So obviously Rodgers was spreading it around to someone. He didn't get it to Jones as much as Brett did, but maybe the fact that he missed 6 games and was hurt in others had something to do with it? I don't know I'm just going out on a limb there.

Favre worked well with Javon Walker (tall receiver who could catch a jump ball and made the Pro Bowl). Walker can't even be described as a poor man's Randy Moss. Moss helped to give Brady his greatest statistical season ever and it wasn't even close. To say that Moss wouldn't have improved the Packers offense is being blind to reality.

Well we finished 13-3 in the regular season, so if he improved us there it wouldn't have made much difference. Maybe we beat the Cowboys and take the first seed, but either way we're in the playoffs and playing our games at Lambeau. So it doesn't really make much difference in the end.

Now let's say we're in the playoffs. Moss is notorious for disappearing at this time of year. If Moss is starting it's coming at the expense of probably Jennings. Jennings got 85 yards and 2 TDs in 2 games that postseason. Moss got 94 yards and 1 TD in 3 games. Now it's all speculation as to what he would have done with Brett instead of Brady, but it's far from a lock that we would have improved with him playing. Hell maybe when we're down 14-0 to Seattle Moss decides to just pout and give up and the passing attack (of which Jennings was a huge part) doesn't lead us back into that game.

To use your argument against you, how can you say that Favre wouldn't have had a great season in 2008 leading the Packers offense? Playing in a new system (Mangina's) is hardly the same as playing in McCarthy's (two years of experience).

With virtually the same supporting cast, Favre put up nearly indentical numbers in 2007 as Rodgers did in 2008. So if Favre played just as well in 2008 as he did the year before, there wouldn't have been any improvement. And that's a pretty big if when you're talking about a guy his age who just had a season that blew away everyone's expectations. Usually after a year like that, guys regress to the norm. And he did just that. And if he got hurt playing behind the Jets' line, there's a pretty good chance he would have gotten hurt playing behind our much inferior line.