PDA

View Full Version : Will you get the Swine Flu Vaccine if FORCED?

toathis
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Please explain why.

What I have been reading so far is frightening!

r0gue6
10-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Sure.

Cuz I don't give a ****. As long as it's free anyway.

2.0Tsunami
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
nope, I won't get the regular flu vaccine either.

asiya-sparkles
10-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I think as soon as something is forced on a people, especially when genuine concerns are relevant to those refusals in the first place, people need to stand up and reclaim freedom of choice. Democracy fails when it becomes a dictatorship. Governments are made up of men and are apt to getting it wrong. It seems the side effects from the vaccine can be far worse than the symptoms of the flu!

BigMass
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Regardless of the science, the fact that I would be FORCED to get the vaccine would be enough to make me not want to take it. The goes against the entire concept of freedom

An hero
10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
I would cause I'd rather get it and go on with my life than go to jail and get it anyway

jf1
10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
i will be getting it voluntarily and laughing at the fools who refused it.
i will be in the gym while they will be languishing at home, weak and dropping weight...

FKO
10-01-2009, 11:48 AM
nope, I won't get the regular flu vaccine either.

Yeah me neither.

Galvatorex
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah me neither.

this, and they can only force me if im dead, just sayin

2.0Tsunami
10-01-2009, 11:50 AM
i will be getting it voluntarily and laughing at the fools who refused it.
i will be in the gym while they will be languishing at home, weak and dropping weight...
The vaccine doesn't completely eliminate your chances of getting the swine flu...just sayin

IraHays
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
No.

I never get flu shots. Getting these shots is no gaurantee you won't get the flu.

An hero
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
The vaccine doesn't completely eliminate your chances of getting the swine flu...just sayin

The chances of getting swine flu are already negligible.

toathis
10-01-2009, 01:30 PM
The chances of getting swine flu are already negligible.

Yes exactly. More than 10,000 people die of regular influenza every year. I don't even think 1,000 people have died in the U.S. from Swine yet.

2.0Tsunami
10-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Yes exactly. More than 10,000 people die of regular influenza every year. I don't even think 1,000 people have died in the U.S. from Swine yet.
I actually think it's a lot higher for the regular flu...like 36,000 (US only) and the swine flu mortality number so far is ~2,000 (Worldwide)

a_ahmed
10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
WTH!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The account on youtube that had the video of swine flu vaccine from 1976 has been banned!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A08EBF2EA89E0AFC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&v=B1UAKK3np5M

Look for 1976 cbc swine flu report!

This is a frickin conspiracy

The report basically covered the effects of the vaccine and how people became sick and paraylzed as well as the propaganda ads as one can be seen bellow:

ASibLqwVbsk

Government Bull****

RnSX_jS0STA

nutsy54
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I truthfully answered Yes, since I will be getting my "forced" (also known as "mandatory") H1N1 shot next week - as has been required for every flu shot, every year I've been on active duty in the US military.

Personally, I think all the rantings and ravings against this vaccine are laughable - since they primarily address perceived, over-hyped "problems" that apply to all vaccines. We've all been getting various vaccinations throughout most of our lives - yet the hysteria-mongers would have us believe that, by now, the sure result would have been tens of millions dead, clogging our streets...

PS: NO, I would not support mandatory vaccinations for the entire population. If people want to be ignorant, terrified, and stupid - let them be sick and miserable at home for a week or two as a result (hopefully on Unpaid sick time). Actual death rates are absurdly low, so it shouldn't be that big a deal anyway.

PPS: Even in the US military, we wouldn't have "forced" injections. Thee's always a choice - even if that choice results in losing your job...

VAPlowhorse
10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
I may have already had the swine flu, lolz. Strange version of the flu is going around here, high fever with little respiratory symptoms, one person infected my whole apartment in 24 hours. If it is required for a job, I will. It is not some magic nanobot poison, there is an accepted risk of having a bad reaction. I take a bigger risk to my health every time I start my car, don't worry too much about that one. Working in molecular biology has really changed my personal feelings towards such things, just because it is on the microscopic level doesn't make the risk magically worse.

nutsy54
10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
And for those who oppose the vaccine: Do you oppose both the injection, AND the nasal spray option? If so, for what reasons...

tts0lid
10-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I truthfully answered Yes, since I will be getting my "forced" (also known as "mandatory") H1N1 shot next week - as has been required for every flu shot, every year I've been on active duty in the US military.

Personally, I think all the rantings and ravings against this vaccine are laughable - since they primarily address perceived, over-hyped "problems" that apply to all vaccines. We've all been getting various vaccinations throughout most of our lives - yet the hysteria-mongers would have us believe that, by now, the sure result would have been tens of millions dead, clogging our streets...

PS: NO, I would not support mandatory vaccinations for the entire population. If people want to be ignorant, terrified, and stupid - let them be sick and miserable at home for a week or two as a result (hopefully on Unpaid sick time). Actual death rates are absurdly low, so it shouldn't be that big a deal anyway.

PPS: Even in the US military, we wouldn't have "forced" injections. Thee's always a choice - even if that choice results in losing your job...

My sister was in the military for 12 years and she got the flu shots every year as well (along with tons of other stuff depending on where she was going). The first year she was out, she decided not to get it and came down with the flu to the point where she needed an IV b/c she was so dehydrated.

I've never had a flu shot in my life, and I can only really remember ever getting the flu one time when I was 16. I think by avoiding unnecessary vaccines and antibiotics, your immune system stays stronger in the long run.

But the bottom line is that pharmaceuticals are a business. And if the story of the week is swine flu, and they have a vaccine, you better believe they will be pushing that vaccine however they can.

If it were really about public health, they'd make regular flu shots mandatory first since so many more people die from it every year....

stealth_swimmer
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Regardless of the science, the fact that I would be FORCED to get the vaccine would be enough to make me not want to take it. The goes against the entire concept of freedom

agreed....but if it's required then I'll take it cus I don't wanna get in trouble, lol

stealth_swimmer
10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I may have already had the swine flu, lolz. Strange version of the flu is going around here, high fever with little respiratory symptoms, one person infected my whole apartment in 24 hours. If it is required for a job, I will. It is not some magic nanobot poison, there is an accepted risk of having a bad reaction. I take a bigger risk to my health every time I start my car, don't worry too much about that one. Working in molecular biology has really changed my personal feelings towards such things, just because it is on the microscopic level doesn't make the risk magically worse.

x2. Also my class "Great Diseases of the World" has pretty much convinced me that for most stuff we don't need to be super worried. A disastrous disease is pretty much inevitable but by the same token if you get something and survive, you're pretty much good from then on for the most part (unless it's one of the rare things that actually get worse the second time around like hemorrhagic fever or whatever cus your body over-reacts the second time around often times).

As well, people get vaccinated for lots of stuff when they're young and are pretty much set for life with that stuff. While people complain about the mercury in vaccines and stuff, guess what: it still means that a MUCH lower % of the population has adverse affects compared to what we would have if nobody ever got any vaccinations.

Anyways, turns out normal flu is more dangerous than swine flu....and i also heard from a lecturer in my Animal Science class that the original case of this year's swine flu was actually transferred from a human to a pig, lol. It's also hit the pork industry hard cus people thought you could get swine flu from eating pork (like in Egypt where they emotionally reacted and killed like 300,000 pigs or whatever)

I was thinking about getting the vaccine since I'm Hispanic and ppl in Mexico were havin problems with it, but I think it also had something to do with their general health over there and their medical facilities.

stealth_swimmer
10-01-2009, 04:50 PM
My sister was in the military for 12 years and she got the flu shots every year as well (along with tons of other stuff depending on where she was going). The first year she was out, she decided not to get it and came down with the flu to the point where she needed an IV b/c she was so dehydrated.

I've never had a flu shot in my life, and I can only really remember ever getting the flu one time when I was 16. I think by avoiding unnecessary vaccines and antibiotics, your immune system stays stronger in the long run.

But the bottom line is that pharmaceuticals are a business. And if the story of the week is swine flu, and they have a vaccine, you better believe they will be pushing that vaccine however they can.

If it were really about public health, they'd make regular flu shots mandatory first since so many more people die from it every year....

Vaccines don't really work that way. Anti-biotics might because they also kill off your beneficial bacteria that your body naturally has to defend outside bacteria.

Vaccines simply introduce a killed or weakened virus into your body so that you have a much higher chance of not getting sick while still producing antibodies for the virus so that when your body encounters it again, it can more easily fight it off and you often don't even get sick from it.

But yeah, I'm the same way. I usually get a cold/cough each year but I rarely get seriously sick like fever or whatever. I've never had a flu vaccine in my life. Most folks don't need it until they're older. I think like 35 and older if I remember correctly.

I agree with you that if it were really about public health then normal flu vaccines would be mandatory.

However, i don't blame pharmaceutical companies for wanting their vaccines bein sold. I blame government policy for either being dumb or(possibly "and") not caring to look into the facts before pushing a policy. Then of course, i'm sure you got some politicians that were funded by pharmaceutical companies in their campaigns and wanna return a nice gesture of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" with government force to make sure the favor gets implemented, lol.

Bluerain
10-01-2009, 04:50 PM
How ironic is this post coming from you... huge lulzz had.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think as soon as something is forced on a people, especially when genuine concerns are relevant to those refusals in the first place, people need to stand up and reclaim freedom of choice. Democracy fails when it becomes a dictatorship. Governments are made up of men and are apt to getting it wrong. It seems the side effects from the vaccine can be far worse than the symptoms of the flu!

stealth_swimmer
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
No.

I never get flu shots. Getting these shots is no gaurantee you won't get the flu.

It never guarantees it, just DRAMATICALLY decreases your chances of getting it. Vaccines work. However, that doesn't mean they should be mandatory. As some folks already stated, some folks already rarely get flu. Plus, the people that get the vaccines usually don't need to worry about getting flu from someone else that got it because if they have the vaccine, their chances of getting flu from someone else are lowered significantly.

aaronjbc123
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
If you read the facts you will have no problem with getting a vaccine, if not then you will be terrified of them.

VAPlowhorse
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
x2. Also my class "Great Diseases of the World" has pretty much convinced me that for most stuff we don't need to be super worried. A disastrous disease is pretty much inevitable but by the same token if you get something and survive, you're pretty much good from then on for the most part (unless it's one of the rare things that actually get worse the second time around like hemorrhagic fever or whatever cus your body over-reacts the second time around often times).

As well, people get vaccinated for lots of stuff when they're young and are pretty much set for life with that stuff. While people complain about the mercury in vaccines and stuff, guess what: it still means that a MUCH lower % of the population has adverse affects compared to what we would have if nobody ever got any vaccinations.

Anyways, turns out normal flu is more dangerous than swine flu....and i also heard from a lecturer in my Animal Science class that the original case of this year's swine flu was actually transferred from a human to a pig, lol. It's also hit the pork industry hard cus people thought you could get swine flu from eating pork (like in Egypt where they emotionally reacted and killed like 300,000 pigs or whatever)

I was thinking about getting the vaccine since I'm Hispanic and ppl in Mexico were havin problems with it, but I think it also had something to do with their general health over there and their medical facilities.

Yeah, I do not support a mandatory nationwide vaccination, but the vaccine itself is not that big of deal. Life is full of accepted risks, disease management is one of them.

tts0lid
10-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Vaccines don't really work that way. Anti-biotics might because they also kill off your beneficial bacteria that your body naturally has to defend outside bacteria.

Vaccines simply introduce a killed or weakened virus into your body so that you have a much higher chance of not getting sick while still producing antibodies for the virus so that when your body encounters it again, it can more easily fight it off and you often don't even get sick from it.

But yeah, I'm the same way. I usually get a cold/cough each year but I rarely get seriously sick like fever or whatever. I've never had a flu vaccine in my life. Most folks don't need it until they're older. I think like 35 and older if I remember correctly.

I agree with you that if it were really about public health then normal flu vaccines would be mandatory.

However, i don't blame pharmaceutical companies for wanting their vaccines bein sold. I blame government policy for either being dumb or(possibly "and") not caring to look into the facts before pushing a policy. Then of course, i'm sure you got some politicians that were funded by pharmaceutical companies in their campaigns and wanna return a nice gesture of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" with government force to make sure the favor gets implemented, lol.

It does, but only on viruses that are highly mutatable, like the flu.

If a person has four antibodies that worked against one variety of flu, and he or she contracts another variety that has only two similar binding areas, then his or her immune system will be predisposed to make antibodies against only the two sites the varieties have in common. Moreover, immune systems will never learn to recognize the two new binding signatures that are present on the new strain, choosing instead to go with what worked in prior cases. Over time, as the disease mutates more and more and has progressively less in common with the original ?remembered? variety, antibodies become ill-prepared to recognize it.

http://www.rice.edu/sallyport/2003/fall/sallyport/flu.html

stealth_swimmer
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
It does, but only on viruses that are highly mutatable, like the flu.

http://www.rice.edu/sallyport/2003/fall/sallyport/flu.html

I'm pretty sure we account for that by making new vaccines each year. As well, that process would be the same even if you never took a flu vaccine, as long as every flu you got was pretty similar to the one before and then all of a sudden a very different strain arose. It's not something that would be specifically traced back to taking vaccines. In other words, the problem with flu being easily mutatable is a problem for us no matter what.

illriginalized
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't even take tylenol nor aspirin.. no way in hell will I take a flu shot.