PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Help for A Beginner

bama923
09-30-2009, 08:28 PM
OK I thought I knew how to diet the correct way but I have come into contact with people that have made me question a few things. I need some help. I am about 265lbs and would like to get down to 225 or 215 if possible. I know I don't need to figure out my calories for someone at 215 because I will be to weak to do anything. So what weight do I do the diet for first? What would the break down of Protein/Carbs/Fat be? Please give me all the help you can.

cwestwjg
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
OK I thought I knew how to diet the correct way but I have come into contact with people that have made me question a few things. I need some help. I am about 265lbs and would like to get down to 225 or 215 if possible. I know I don't need to figure out my calories for someone at 215 because I will be to weak to do anything. So what weight do I do the diet for first? What would the break down of Protein/Carbs/Fat be? Please give me all the help you can.

Small steps will take you many miles so look at your diet as a marathon not a sprint. Start around 2000 cals per day and adjust according to weight loss target 1.5 pounds a week if less than 1 cut cals if more than 2 add cals in 100 cal increments. You also need to lift weights to maintain muscle mass.

I like to keep my carbs below 150 and build the rest around lean proteins about 220grams per day for you IMO with some fish oil, olive oil, and peanut butter to get the fats I need.