PDA

View Full Version : I think LSU is a fraud.

FARVIN
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't think Les Miles is a great coach. I think they're winning just based on talent right now. He's a poker player coaching football. My cousin went to LSU and he's saying what I just said is the consensus of most LSU fans. They seem to be getting worse and worse over time ever since Saban left. If you can recruit at LSU, you should be able to win 8-9 games every year with the occasional great year. My cousin thinks Florida will beat LSU regardless of which QB starts for UF, and I agree. I can't believe LSU barely barely barely won last week over MSU considering MSU had like 5 turnovers and a botched FG hold.

Thoughts?

JRRBadBoy4Life
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I think your way off. I don't know that they are a top 5 team at seasons end, in fact I'd be surprised if they are because I think Florida and Alabama are both better. But they're still at least equal to any other team in any other conference, even Texas IMO.

soccer10stud
09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I think your way off. I don't know that they are a top 5 team at seasons end, in fact I'd be surprised if they are because I think Florida and Alabama are both better. But they're still at least equal to any other team in any other conference, even Texas IMO.

you sounded legit till your last sentence, dumbass.

1sknnyJ
09-30-2009, 11:05 AM
you sounded legit till your last sentence, dumbass.

lmao.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
I don't think Les Miles is a great coach. I think they're winning just based on talent right now. He's a poker player coaching football. My cousin went to LSU and he's saying what I just said is the consensus of most LSU fans. They seem to be getting worse and worse over time ever since Saban left. If you can recruit at LSU, you should be able to win 8-9 games every year with the occasional great year. My cousin thinks Florida will beat LSU regardless of which QB starts for UF, and I agree. I can't believe LSU barely barely barely won last week over MSU considering MSU had like 5 turnovers and a botched FG hold.

Thoughts?

Imagine that. Just check the LSU forums man.. we're not deluding ourselves. You're wrong in a few areas though.. Les Miles was a great coach. He's peaked and headed downhill now. I really want Brian Kelly, Sumlin, or Gruden as our coach.. Gruden would be ****in awesome. UGA is favored over LSU, lmfao. The only people who are overhyping LSU is the media and pollsters.

2004: 9-3 (Saban)
2005: 11-2 (Miles)
2006: 11-2 (Miles)
2007: 12-2 (Miles)

iamlegend
09-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Gee ya think, have you seen the Chiefs pass rush?

there is bend but don't break...then there is the KC bend over and grab your ankles.

RAMBO316
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
What else does your cousin say? DO TELL

bking10
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Imagine that. Just check the LSU forums man.. we're not deluding ourselves. You're wrong in a few areas though.. Les Miles was a great coach. He's peaked and headed downhill now. I really want Brian Kelly, Sumlin, or Gruden as our coach.. Gruden would be ****in awesome. UGA is favored over LSU, lmfao. The only people who are overhyping LSU is the media and pollsters.

2004: 9-3 (Saban)
2005: 11-2 (Miles)
2006: 11-2 (Miles)
2007: 12-2 (Miles)

most ND fans want either Kelly or Gruden. 2 great coaches in my opinion. off season should be interesting

pedobearu_aware
09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
I hope they're a fraud.

CroaT154
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
It's not the coach. It's the players.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 01:58 PM

Not a chance. There's only 3-4 other teams in the nation that can boast that much talent.

mtomjr14
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM

lol no it's the coach...les miles is about as good of a coach as ron zook was..

CroaT154
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Not a chance. There's only 3-4 other teams in the nation that can boast that much talent.

QB isn't that great.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:11 PM
QB isn't that great.

What on earth has Jefferson done wrong? Have you seen his stats? He's putting up similar stats to Matt Flynn.. with less INTs and a better completion %. Problem is the offensive line.. due to recent attrition we're thin at guard when we should not have been. You also said players.. not player.

Jordan Jefferson:
62/101 - 61.4% 708 yds/7 per attempt
7 TD/1 INT/0 FUMBLE
141.16 Rating

cncman
09-30-2009, 02:15 PM

It's a cold day in hell when LSU does not take an extremely gifted athlete.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:16 PM
It's a cold day in hell when LSU does not take an extremely gifted athlete.

Seriously. Miles is just over the hill. He was great for 3 very solid seasons.

aspire210
09-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Seriously. Miles is just over the hill. He was great for 3 very solid seasons.

1. using sabans players
2. ???
3. ???

they seems to be getting worse as sabans players leave....

DNASTY01
09-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Jefferson is a damn good qb for only being 19 years old. I do agree that LSU shouldn't be in the top 5 at all... I also think that USC is a crock of **** and don't belong in any of the media attention they get. Pete Carroll is a awful coach. They have all that talent supposidly on the team and still lose to a non ranked team every year. LSU is a good top 10 team and they will only get better with Jefferson being a sophmore. Beside Florida, Alabama, and Texas.. No other school is even close to those top three teams. IMO

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
1. using sabans players
2. ???
3. ???

they seems to be getting worse as sabans players leave....

I always thought that was kind of a dumb excuse. The players on our championship team (2007) all were coached by Miles for 3 years. You're telling me that Saban had more to do with them than Miles did? Not a chance..

Also -- how would you explain Miles doing better than Saban did with 'Sabans players'?

AFOX
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
LSU really misses Bo Pelini. I'm so glad he is at Nebraska.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:33 PM
LSU really misses Bo Pelini. I'm so glad he is at Nebraska.

Quite a few people were glad to see him go.. LSU fans do not like that 'bend but dont break' defense.. I miss him though -- his defenses played with intensity.

Gruden, Kelly, Sumlin are all available.. I'm literally okay with going 6-6 if it means that Miles would be out.

FARVIN
09-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Kelly would be scary at LSU..

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Kelly would be scary at LSU..

fck yeah man.

FARVIN
09-30-2009, 02:43 PM
I also heard Jefferson isn't smart enough to read defenses, so he has to wait until the coaches see the D then call the play from the sideline.

aspire210
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
I always thought that was kind of a dumb excuse. The players on our championship team (2007) all were coached by Miles for 3 years. You're telling me that Saban had more to do with them than Miles did? Not a chance..

Also -- how would you explain Miles doing better than Saban did with 'Sabans players'?

They were sabans recruits. The man has an excellent eye for talent. Talent also takes time to develop and build especially when you jump levels of play. Saban did just fine with his own players as well, ala national champions in 2003. In 2007, the year LSU won the national championship, most of the starters were recruited by nick saban after winning the national title. So yes, it was his players that gave rise and it has not been the same since. Les miles is a good coach as well, and a good recruiter, but realistically, nick saban is the best coach in college football.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I also heard Jefferson isn't smart enough to read defenses, so he has to wait until the coaches see the D then call the play from the sideline.

All coaches call plays from the sidelines in college. There are very few offenses that are ran by a college QB. Jefferson is allowed to call his own audibles, etc. He has quite a few times too. Some good.. some bad.

They were sabans recruits. The man has an excellent eye for talent. Talent also takes time to develop and build especially when you jump levels of play. Saban did just fine with his own players as well, ala national champions in 2003. In 2007, the year LSU won the national championship, most of the starters were recruited by nick saban after winning the national title. So yes, it was his players that gave rise and it has not been the same since. Les miles is a good coach as well, and a good recruiter, but realistically, nick saban is the best coach in college football.

Which is why most of the players LSU/Bama both offer.. have offers from both schools, right? Saban is definitely one of the premiere coaches in college football. Again -- why did Miles do better with 'Sabans players' than Saban did? Are you saying that Saban won his championship with Dinardos players? Because.. you can't insist that Miles won with Sabans players.. and not accept that Saban won with Dinardos.

Both coaches won and lost with their own players. It's that simple. Miles is simply headed downhill as a coach where Saban is continuing excellence.

aspire210
09-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Which is why most of the players LSU/Bama both offer.. have offers from both schools, right? Saban is definitely one of the premiere coaches in college football. Again -- why did Miles do better with 'Sabans players' than Saban did? Are you saying that Saban won his championship with Dinardos players? Because.. you can't insist that Miles won with Sabans players.. and not accept that Saban won with Dinardos.

Both coaches won and lost with their own players. It's that simple. Miles is simply headed downhill as a coach where Saban is continuing excellence.

lol saban took over in 99 and won in 2003. That's 5 years to turn around that program. He then left at the beginning of 2005 and HIS PLAYERS won a national championship in 2007. That's 3 years. Saban was elevated to that level because hes good at spoting talent. I never said les miles was a bad coach, hes a good coach, but hes no nick saban. I would sell my soul for nick saban to come coach at my school.

I like how you say "miles is simply headed downhill as a coach where saban is continuing excellence." Lol thats amazing that as Sabans recruits leave, he seems to be getting worse, while saban just keeps on rolling.

Saban is just the best head coach in all of college football. He gets the best strength & conditioning coaches and makes the best of what he has by conditioning his players to their peak. That's how he turned around Alabama so fast. Just like what the new washington coach did. Alabama will be a national contender for sometime. The way they look right now, they will beat FL in the SEC championship. Their biggest thread is probably auburn really. LSU and ole miss have been lack luster thus far.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
lol saban took over in 99 and won in 2003. That's 5 years to turn around that program. He then left at the beginning of 2005 and HIS PLAYERS won a national championship in 2007. That's 3 years. Saban was elevated to that level because hes good at spoting talent. I never said les miles was a bad coach, hes a good coach, but hes no nick saban. I would sell my soul for nick saban to come coach at my school.

Sabans first season was 2000.. sorry. In 2001 his team went 10-3. So which is it -- both coaches were coaching their own talent.. or were both Saban and Miles living off the previous coaches talent?

Saban is just the best head coach in all of college football. He gets the best strength & conditioning coaches and makes the best of what he has by conditioning his players to their peak. That's how he turned around Alabama so fast. Just like what the new washington coach did. Alabama will be a national contender for sometime. The way they look right now, they will beat FL in the SEC championship. Their biggest thread is probably auburn really. LSU and ole miss have been lack luster thus far.

But you do realize that Saban has tried to get LSUs s&c coach to to him at Alabama right? He refused so Saban hired one of the guys who learned under Moffitt (LSU s&c coach). LSU has been lack luster thus far and it has nothing to do with talent -- it's all coaching.

Saban is definitely the best head coach in football right now. But to assert that his freaking recruits (who were the same players LSU would have targeted anyways) are somehow better than Miles recruits is preposterous at best. Miles may not be the best coach.. but I (and many others) would say he's a better recruiter.

Calhexas
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure I'd call them a "fraud."

They've done what they needed to so far. They've won all their games.

Not really their fault they got ranked 4th. Other people put them there. Not themselves.

Calhexas
09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Sabans first season was 2000.. sorry. In 2001 his team went 10-3. So which is it -- both coaches were coaching their own talent.. or were both Saban and Miles living off the previous coaches talent?

But you do realize that Saban has tried to get LSUs s&c coach to to him at Alabama right? He refused so Saban hired one of the guys who learned under Moffitt (LSU s&c coach). LSU has been lack luster thus far and it has nothing to do with talent -- it's all coaching.

Saban is definitely the best head coach in football right now. But to assert that his freaking recruits (who were the same players LSU would have targeted anyways) are somehow better than Miles recruits is preposterous at best. Miles may not be the best coach.. but I (and many others) would say he's a better recruiter.

I'm not getting into the thick of this...but examining the years and the players on the roster...

Saban won his NC with HIS recruits.

Miles won his NC with some of his recruits, and some of Sabans.

Not really sure what this proves though. But it is true that Saban had a hand in Miles' NC.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure I'd call them a "fraud."

They've done what they needed to so far. They've won all their games.

Not really their fault they got ranked 4th. Other people put them there. Not themselves.

Exactly. The fans aren't pretending they deserve it either. We could come out and blow UGA out the water.. and I'd say we deserve it -- but until we've played even one solid half of football..

Not really sure what this proves though. But it is true that Saban had a hand in Miles' NC.

It's equally true that Dinardo had a hand in Sabans also though. That's my entire point.. is that it's foolish to assert that Miles won with Sabans players..

Calhexas
09-30-2009, 04:05 PM
It's equally true that Dinardo had a hand in Sabans also though. That's my entire point.. is that it's foolish to assert that Miles won with Sabans players..

Dinardo didn't have as much a hand in Saban's NC as Saban did in Miles' NC.

Saban won on his 4th year I believe.
Miles won on his 3rd.

That means more of Saban's recruits were present on Miles' team than Dinardo's recruits were on Saban's team.

bmy-
09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Dinardo didn't have as much a hand in Saban's NC as Saban did in Miles' NC.

Saban won on his 4th year I believe.
Miles won on his 3rd.

That means more of Saban's recruits were present on Miles' team than Dinardo's recruits were on Saban's team.

That's true. But in your opinion.. if Saban had won the NC this past season -- would you be okay with people saying he won with Shula recruits? It doesn't mean dick, really.. but give credit where credit is due, you know? Shula was known as a good recruiter who just wasn't a game-time coach whatsoever.

Calhexas
09-30-2009, 04:37 PM
That's true. But in your opinion.. if Saban had won the NC this past season -- would you be okay with people saying he won with Shula recruits?

Depends on the context.

Are they asserting that Alabama was all Shula recruits? Then no.

Are they simply saying some of the players were Shula's recruits? Then yes.

I would accep that Shula had a hand in the NC had Saban won last year.

It doesn't mean dick, really.. but give credit where credit is duep, you know?

Exactly.

Credit where it's due.

Shula was known as a good recruiter who just wasn't a game-time coach whatsoever.

Word. And he often chased a lot of long-shot recruits. 4-5 per year I'd say. Just wasted a lot of time, effort, and resources.

aspire210
10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Sabans first season was 2000.. sorry.

first season, BUT he took over in 99. Believe it or not, there is this thing called "off season" they do things like recruiting and s&c. Crazy thought, I know.

LSU won't go in and blow out UGA. Uga is favored in vegas. Every time I've seen a lower ranked team favored over a higher ranked team they win. Vegas isn't in this to lose money. UGA should probably be laying more than 3 since vegas expects all the squares to pound LSU. It should probably be like 6pts maybe 6.5.

I still think its funny that you think LSU's decline has nothing to do with saban's recruits leaving despite the fact that it fits the time line perfectly.

soccer10stud
10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
lulz thanks for the neg JRRBadBoy4Life, but your still a dumbass.

ras2514
10-01-2009, 11:20 AM
lulz thanks for the neg JRRBadBoy4Life, but your still a dumbass.
He was making a valid post and you insulted him......go cry about your neg somewhere else.

Barry Bonds
10-01-2009, 04:11 PM
And lots of folks are shaking their heads.

I think it's a lack of on field leadership myself. The talent is there.

This weekend will be a good test.

Right now, I don't know that we beat Florida without Tebow.

soccer10stud
10-01-2009, 04:17 PM
He was making a valid post and you insulted him......go cry about your neg somewhere else.

Talking about LSU-
"But they're still at least equal to any other team in any other conference, even Texas"

That is not a valid post, go watch the NFL or something you know nothing about college football.

bmy-
10-01-2009, 06:14 PM
I still think its funny that you think LSU's decline has nothing to do with saban's recruits leaving despite the fact that it fits the time line perfectly.

And it's hilarious that you keep pushing this. Let's get this out the way once and for all..

Nearly all of the recruits over the past few years that Miles has offered have also been offered by Saban. You can check it out for yourself. That pretty much puts your argument to rest.. they're after the same players after all. Unless you want to assert that those players magically become more talented if they sign with Saban.. but you're not that stupid.

GiambiFan
10-01-2009, 08:00 PM
This year Miles will be exposed as the Larry Coker clone that he is.

bmy-
10-01-2009, 08:05 PM
This year Miles will be exposed as the Larry Coker clone that he is.

I think he's a bit better than Coker.. but yes -- that's a good analogy. Both were very good coaches for quite some time.. but they both took a sharp fall after their national championship team. Two shining example of the phrase "Let's see how they handle success" IMO.

aspire210
10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
And it's hilarious that you keep pushing this. Let's get this out the way once and for all..

Nearly all of the recruits over the past few years that Miles has offered have also been offered by Saban. You can check it out for yourself. That pretty much puts your argument to rest.. they're after the same players after all. Unless you want to assert that those players magically become more talented if they sign with Saban.. but you're not that stupid.

lol wow coaches are after the same recruits? WOW WOW WOW. Really? You think the top 50 players don't get offers from Texas, Fl, UGA, LSU, USC, Bama, Tenn, OSU, ND etc? lol at you thinking that only 2 schools offer these players anything. That has to be the worst argument i have ever heard.

And yes players get better when they are with saban. That's the reason he was the highest payed coach in college football and the same reason he turns teams around so fast. He calls great plays and makes the right decisions. Its not that they become more talented, they get better because their talents are put to the right use at the right time.

ras2514
10-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Talking about LSU-
"But they're still at least equal to any other team in any other conference, even Texas"

That is not a valid post, go watch the NFL or something you know nothing about college football.
He was stating his opinion. You came out and called him a dumbass....and I'm sure I have watched college fooball a little longer than you have for the record.

bmy-
10-02-2009, 11:11 AM
lol wow coaches are after the same recruits? WOW WOW WOW. Really? You think the top 50 players don't get offers from Texas, Fl, UGA, LSU, USC, Bama, Tenn, OSU, ND etc? lol at you thinking that only 2 schools offer these players anything. That has to be the worst argument i have ever heard.

And yes players get better when they are with saban. That's the reason he was the highest payed coach in college football and the same reason he turns teams around so fast. He calls great plays and makes the right decisions. Its not that they become more talented, they get better because their talents are put to the right use at the right time.

You said.. (kabooooooom)

They were sabans recruits.

Saban was elevated to that level because hes good at spoting talent.

The decline has nothing to do with 'Sabans recruits' at all -- because Miles and Saban are after the same players. That's the bottom line. The decline has more to do with Miles being on the decline after winning the championship.

Miles is probably a better recruiter than Saban. But Saban is definitely the better coach.. even if he is an ******* and a liar, he's the best.

Calhexas
10-02-2009, 12:05 PM
You said.. (kabooooooom)

The decline has nothing to do with 'Sabans recruits' at all -- because Miles and Saban are after the same players. That's the bottom line. The decline has more to do with Miles being on the decline after winning the championship.

Miles is probably a better recruiter than Saban. But Saban is definitely the better coach.. even if he is an ******* and a liar, he's the best.

I don't think Miles is necessarily a better recruiter. I think LSU happens to be better positioned from pooling from multiple talent pools in different states. Basically...Miles has the benefit of a better location in the US.

Ryan1021
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Why would Kelly go to LSU, actually the better question is why would LSU get rid of Les Miles? His contract runs to 2012 right? I know Kelly would go there because it is a great program to coach at but I don't see Les Miles leaving unless it is to the NFL.

FARVIN
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
hmm.....

bmy-
11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
hmm.....

We were definitely right on. The dude is a bafoon.

DA_MOSS
11-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Why would Kelly go to LSU, actually the better question is why would LSU get rid of Les Miles? His contract runs to 2012 right? I know Kelly would go there because it is a great program to coach at but I don't see Les Miles leaving unless it is to the NFL.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7466207

yes you are correct

niospecv
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Gruden just signed an extension to remain a Monday Night Football comentator. His buyout may be too much for a college team to pay. He is more likely to coach again in the NFL where money isn't as much of an issue.

southernstunna1
11-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Miles lost the Ole Miss game based on his poor coaching ALONE. Spiking it with 1 second (and having the audacity to say that he DIDN'T tell Jefferson to spike it when there is video evidence showing he did) was completely ridiculous. However, as an Ole Miss student I hope Miles doesn't get fired because he is the only thing holding LSU back from their old national championship teams.