PDA

View Full Version : wanting to lose weight

sicjestr
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi my name is bobby i live in FL and i am 19 years old and weigh 350 pounds it is not all fat but most of it is. My goal would be to get down to a normal size. I have tried to diet bu i just end up screwing it up. where i live i have no gym around me ( live in the middle of no where) and no weights or anything like that the only exercise i get is walking about a mile or more a day and thats it. i don't really have much money to spend on buying weights and what not. so any info to help me start loseing weight and other ways to get some muscle on will be helpfull so much.

Bobby

Mad_Mike
09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi my name is bobby i live in FL and i am 19 years old and weigh 350 pounds it is not all fat but most of it is. My goal would be to get down to a normal size. I have tried to diet bu i just end up screwing it up. where i live i have no gym around me ( live in the middle of no where) and no weights or anything like that the only exercise i get is walking about a mile or more a day and thats it. i don't really have much money to spend on buying weights and what not. so any info to help me start loseing weight and other ways to get some muscle on will be helpfull so much.

Bobby
Hi Bobby,

Working out is second in importance. Your diet will be the most important factor in losing weight. Make sure you clean up what you are eating (no sugary drinks, white breads, etc.). Just use common sense about foods, I'm sure you already know what is good and what is bad.

Walking is great. Start there, and as you feel comfortable add some light jogging. When you can, start lifting some things. It can be an old crappy set of dumbells you find or even some paint cans. Get creative. When I started working out I lived on a farm 5 km outside of a town of under 2000 people, that is the middle of nowhere.

When I was 17-18 I weighed around 340 lbs. Now I am about 220 lbs, so I know where you are coming from. I would be glad to help you out with anything I can if you fire me some private messages.

All the best,
Remember this isn't a diet, or a short-term plan, those don't work.
This is a lifestyle change!

Yawnie
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
be honest with yourself and take a serious look at your lifestyle and what you do. Start looking at what you eat and read stuff online and on this site about nutrition. Im not an expert, but i think u would see good losses from a change in diet, and probably someone else can get into the science of it if u wanted.

start using something like fitday or similar so u get an idea of what you are putting in.

for exercise, even jogging in the morning or evenings would be beneficial both to you weight and overall health. check out the bb.com supersite and look at the recommended exercises for all parts of your body, some of them are easy and require no weights at all, for example a majority of the abs exercises listed there just require some empty floor space!

best of luck man, i believe in you as long as you believe in yourself :)

YImprove
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Aside from the basic cardio like walking/jogging you could do, you could try mixing in some push-ups, dips, bodyweight squats, and move on to pull-ups and such later down the line you'd be suprised how far bodyweight exercises can take you.

look at the army/navy/marines they tend to do a lot of bodyweight exercises and are strong enough to defend our country