PDA

View Full Version : trying to lose some fat..critique a newbs diet

thisiscody
09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
i'm 6'4" bout 240lbs

i don't know my BF% but if it helps some of my lifts are: max bench is 250, barbell curl i rep 100, and barbell skull crushers i do either 90 or 100

anyways here is what a typical days diet is...

meal 1: protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal
meal 2: almonds
meal 3: chicken breast with brown rice or a whole wheat piece of flat bread and an orange
meal 4: peanut butter sandwich
meal 5: same as meal 3
meal 6: usually some cottage cheese

Nefariousx1
09-29-2009, 02:27 PM
i'm 6'4" bout 240lbs

i don't know my BF% but if it helps some of my lifts are: max bench is 250, barbell curl i rep 100, and barbell skull crushers i do either 90 or 100

anyways here is what a typical days diet is...

meal 1: protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal
meal 2: almonds
meal 3: chicken breast with brown rice or a whole wheat piece of flat bread and an orange
meal 4: peanut butter sandwich
meal 5: same as meal 3
meal 6: usually some cottage cheese

dude you need to tell us calories and macros % of protein/ fat/ carbs

SanDantos
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Tossing in a bunch of vegetables wouldn't hurt you at all. Maybe throw that chicken breast on top of a salad. Most oil/vinegar based dressings come in a 'light' version and only have 20-40cals per tablespoon, which isn't too bad. I actually use salsa ontop my salads quite often.

If you're trying to lose weight, make sure you keep the peanutbutter to a minimum, it's nearly 100calories per tablespoon. You don't need to cut it out altogether, but if you use 3 or 4T a day, that basically adds up to a pound a week...probly that pound you'd rather lose. (I cut and stil consumed 1-3T a day, it's too versatile!)

Those are just 2 things that came to the top of my head.