PDA

View Full Version : Personal tricks to achieve single digit bf

Maikeri
09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Im sitting right around 10% (down from 22%ish) bf right now and am looking to hit 8%. I'm wondering if all you guys that have reached single digit bf have any tips and alterations to your diet/workout/cardio that worked really well for you?

sperryrocks
09-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Im sitting right around 10% (down from 22%ish) bf right now and am looking to hit 8%. I'm wondering if all you guys that have reached single digit bf have any tips and alterations to your diet/workout/cardio that worked really well for you?

How did you have your body fat tested?

TrainOfThought
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
drop sodium, lot's of cardio, high intensity lifting

chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies.....

pretty much sucks

Maikeri
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
How did you have your body fat tested?

had a trainer do it at the gym. I'm a little worried on the accuracy of the test as it was a little machine that i typed my stats into: age, weight, height, body type; then i held the machine out in front of me.

This was the exact thing i used

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TJvJo1fOeD0/SBo7PZJJmuI/AAAAAAAAAt0/HvqqA-yIBrc/s320/body+fat+tester.jpg

dedicated88
09-28-2009, 03:36 PM
yeah naaaa

EutecticPoint
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
drop sodium, lot's of cardio, high intensity lifting

chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies
chicken, rice, veggies.....

pretty much sucks

Yep

I don't know about anyone else but most of the time, keeping this low a bodyfat just is not worth it.

Otherwise TrainOfThought has it exactly. You could change up rice for brown rice, sometimes, but otherwise that's it.

Maikeri
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah naaaa

wut?

Maikeri
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Yep

I don't know about anyone else but most of the time, keeping this low a bodyfat just is not worth it.

Otherwise TrainOfThought has it exactly. You could change up rice for brown rice, sometimes, but otherwise that's it.

bahhh :D really wanted to lose this last little bit of fat before I started my winter bulk. thank you for the advice, repped

Ivankannan
09-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, I use the same one and I hardly find it accurate. May be my piece is defective.
Try to measure it twice or more consecutively and take the average. Also its best to take measurements two hours after you eat or the first thing in the morning.

FunkymonkAW
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
had a trainer do it at the gym. I'm a little worried on the accuracy of the test as it was a little machine that i typed my stats into: age, weight, height, body type; then i held the machine out in front of me.

This was the exact thing i used

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TJvJo1fOeD0/SBo7PZJJmuI/AAAAAAAAAt0/HvqqA-yIBrc/s320/body+fat+tester.jpg[IMG]

Those aren't that accurate from what I've heard. If you're really hung up on getting a number, bod pods are about as accurate as it can get (on an average joe level) from what I understand. However, whether you're 9.5% (single digit) or 10% won't make much of a difference in the mirror. I recommend pursuing a goal (IE: low BF%) until happy.

Maikeri
09-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, I use the same one and I hardly find it accurate. May be my piece is defective.
Try to measure it twice or more consecutively and take the average. Also its best to take measurements two hours after you eat or the first thing in the morning.

i took my measurements right before my workout which was 2 hours after my breakfast. i took measurements 3 times and every time it was in the range of 10 (10.2, 10.6, 10.1)

SwiftyX
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
The Ultimate diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald. Not easy, not boring, very effective.

sperryrocks
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
i took my measurements right before my workout which was 2 hours after my breakfast. i took measurements 3 times and every time it was in the range of 10 (10.2, 10.6, 10.1)

Not accurate at all. I got my bodyfat tested with an underwater tank (hydrostatic testing). I was measured at 6 feet tall 179lbs and 9.4% body fat. Do you know what my body fat scale told me that very morning? 22% body fat. Nothing is as accurate as an underwater test or a body scan. End of story.