PDA

View Full Version : Running out of options!!!!

extremist78
04-21-2003, 05:49 PM
I need some type of imput on losing weight. I have tried so many diets. Can someone gives suggestions on losing weight
A.S.A.P. and a diet plan.

I'm 5'10"
weight 220
body fat: 27%

Ideal weight for me would be 170-175

JohnY
04-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Sounds like to me you need more dedication on the type of diet. Most diets work fine just gotta keep going at it. Some diets may be harder to stay on then others.

The trend now days is eating 5 - 6 times a day in small meals but not going over your daily allowance of calories. At 220 and wanting to lose weight you'd want to eat about 2000 calories in a day. As for what type of calories that's just the diet type. I'm currently on CKD or Keto. Which is part Atkins with carbo cycling. CKD helps burn fat by making the body use fat for fuel source by entering the body in a ketonsis state. By eating Protien and fat mainly and small amount of carbo(mainly green veggies).

There are many diet that work, it all depends if you working out or not also. If you aren't working out, you might want to try doing the Atkins diet. CKD is for someone who works out.

Also giving more information about yourself (current diet, exercise) would help others help you. But majority of the information is free on this board. If you spend your time reading the board you'll find there are plenty of information for you to lose weight. Also plenty of inspirational transformations for you to see and inspire you on your way. If you are interested in Keto I suggest going into the Keto section of this board. It's a sub topic of the board based off of Nutrition section.

Good luck, I gave you some basic advice. The board is filled with awesome information to help you, use it.

DefiKojiro
04-21-2003, 06:23 PM
What works for me is getting 40% calories from protein/40% from carbs and 20% from fat(40/40/20 diet) with 45 mins of medium intensity cardio a night. I eat 10x my bodyweight - 500 calories but I think I am eating too few, I would recommend at starting at just 10x your body weight. You should lift hard 3-4 times a day, everything else you will need to know can be found with a bit of research.

Good luck bro.

devl
04-21-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by DefiKojiro
What works for me is getting 40% calories from protein/40% from carbs and 20% from fat(40/40/20 diet) with 45 mins of medium intensity cardio a night. I eat 10x my bodyweight - 500 calories but I think I am eating too few, I would recommend at starting at just 10x your body weight. You should lift hard 3-4 times a day, everything else you will need to know can be found with a bit of research.

Good luck bro.

I think (or I hope) Defikojiro meant to lift hard 3 to 4 times a week, not a day.

40/40/20 is a great diet. I've done that and keto, and to be honest my results have been similar on both plans (though I'm starting to realize that I do like 40/40/20 the best, something I always kind of realized, but all the keto articles made me want to atleast give that diet a try). Just do either one and the results will come if you have the dedication.

RonJ73
04-21-2003, 11:05 PM
2200 calories.

220 grams of Protein
220 grams of Carbs
49 grams of Fat

Try to keep your meals to either Protein and Fat or Protein and Carbs. Don't mix Carbs and Fat in the same meal. Have 4-6 meals a day. That would work.

kbfunTH
04-22-2003, 08:00 AM
If diets aren't working for you, then you're probably still eating to many calories in a day. I would start by consuming somewhere around 25% of your calories from carbs. The other 75% from protein and good fats.

Pick up some exercise also. Anything that burns calories is good.

RAEKWON201
04-22-2003, 11:18 AM
get your mind right.start taking in less calories than you burn off each day and get some dedication to it.

bkman4
04-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by RonJ73
2200 calories.

220 grams of Protein
220 grams of Carbs
49 grams of Fat

Try to keep your meals to either Protein and Fat or Protein and Carbs. Don't mix Carbs and Fat in the same meal. Have 4-6 meals a day. That would work.

I think the part said about dedication applies to you. Follow the above advice, Ron knows what he is talking about. Use fitday.com to track cals. Trying to loose weight is no fun and hard...but the results are worth it.

Eye2_Man
04-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Everyone has good suggestions. It's not that hard to lose weight and bodyfat. But it does take dedication and close attention to what you are eatting.

A couple points to reiterate:

1) Don't starve yourself or under eat too much. 10x total body weight in calories (with exercise) will work. Don't skip any of your 5 or 6 meals.

2) Track all of your food intake. You'd be amazed at how many calories are in certain things. A hamburger bun has 170 calories, a cup of flour used to make pizza has an ungodly number.

3) In a traditional diet, keep protein and carbs around 40% each of your caloric intake. Don't cut out fat. Make sure you eat 20% of your calories in fat everyday. If you want to eat "real" clean like eatting only fish and chicken and no beef, get your fat from olive oil and peanut butter.

4) Hit the cardio first thing in the morning. Try to burn off 250-350 calories on the stair-stepper or something before eatting breakfast.

5) To keep your lean mass, lift heavy 3 or 4 times a week. Try Max-OT.

6) If you want, try a fat burner. Clenbutrx a couple times a week will keep you super-charged.

7) Track your progress with the scale and calipers every week. If after 6-10 weeks you aren't losing bodyfat or are losing too much muscle, make some adjustments to your exercise plan.

8) No beer. That's the only hard part.

Here's a sample diet that worked for me and there was never any hunger:

Meal 1:
1 fried egg
1 cup of Oatmeal
Protein Shake

Meal 2:
1 cup of Shredded Wheat or tablespoon of peanut butter
Protein Shake

Meal 3:
Home cooked chicken breast (no salt)
2 slices rye or wheat bread
Salad (no dressing)

Meal 4:
Can of tuna or another chicken breast
1 slice of rye or wheat bread

Meal 5:
2 cups broccoli or green beans
100g of cooked rice
150g steak

Meal 6:
On workout days Universal Lava (265 calories)
Non-workout days a protein shake and shredded wheat

Also, a 1-1.5 gallons of water per day.

You should be able to lose 2-3 pounds a week with 5-6 days of morning cardio thrown in.

You can do it and gain strength at the same time. You can do it.

RonJ73
04-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Yeah, that's another thing. Don't expect to lose all the weight you want to lose overnight. It took a long time to put it on, it's going to take longer to take it off. You can safely lose about 1-3lbs per week. Don't expect to lose much more than that or you risk other issues.

cyco85
06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
I need some type of imput on losing weight. I have tried so many diets. Can someone gives suggestions on losing weight
A.S.A.P. and a diet plan.

I'm 5'10"
weight 220
body fat: 27%

Ideal weight for me would be 170-175

Change your lifestyle and get some discipline. Be hard on yourself, be your biggest critic and also your biggest advocate. Don't let yourself down and don't make excuses. Every piece of progress is important because it's building up to a goal that you will achieve if you work hard.

Create caloric deficits and you will lose fat. Are you looking at just changing your diet or also working out? I started out just changing my diet (for about 3 weeks) and then after doing some research I decided to start lifting. Before I gained weight I was really athletic so I took to it naturally. Hopefully, you're the same and if you're not, then start slow and work your way up.

Lookup your maintenance caloric intake (for your activity level) and subtract 800-1000. ONLY consume that amount and drink nothing but water--no sodas, juices, etc.

cyco85
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
o ... I spent years saying the same thing untill i finally got it through my head that its not a diet that will make me happy and thin its a life style.

qft. :)

beaul
06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
LOL @ bumping a 7 year old post by a poster who only has 1 post. This one.

Christ

cyco85
06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
LOL @ bumping a 7 year old post by a poster who only has 1 post. This one.

Christ

Haha, I didn't even check the post date. Oh well... 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back :)