PDA

View Full Version : I Eat Junk Every Weekend

powhippie
09-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Ok so every week i work my a$$ off in the gym. i eat right get enough protein, the right amount of carbs and everything seems to just be falling into place. when everything goes well i see amazing gains. then the weekend comes and every weekend i go over to my gf house, she lives like an hour away so i usually just stay there from friday night till sunday afternoon. they eat terrible. Breakfast usually consists of about 6 pieces of white bread covered in jelly and tea. or coffee. lunch is normally something along the lines of a hotdog and hamburger, fried rice and more bread. dinner is chinese or pizza. im actually in santiago chile and every meal here consists of like tons and tons of carbs. im trying to cut down to 8 percent bf but with these meals on the weekends its setting me back alot. so instead of having a good week of dieting with one cheat meal, i have 5 solid days of nutrition and weekends are terrible. on top of all that she wants to go out and party like every weekend..i have no problem partying actually i love it, but after two nights of that, its like a million calories from beer. So how do i get her and her mom to eat better. they are super skinny and can load up on carbs and actually both of them routinely sit down and eat a pack of cookies and a coke for a snack. Also my gf doesn't even like that i diet, she likes having fat bf so talking to her is a waste of time. so help plz.

Flexxo
09-26-2009, 11:10 AM
You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

Just keep being you man. Keep living your healthful lifestyle and let it be an example. I dealt with this with an ex girlfriend. Honestly, it'll cause more harm then good if you pressure it on them.

When it arose an issue for me, personally, I would just toss suggestions. ex) "Ever try whole wheat bread?" "You hate vegetables? Ever steam them up a bit to soften them and try them with salsa?"

Or I would bring snacks with me and make her try something. "Ewww I hate almonds" .. You've never tried them!! I would poke fun and subtlety instigate with her until she tried one.

Just small things.

powhippie
09-26-2009, 11:20 AM
ok man thanks ill try that. but what am i supposed to do? bring 12 cans of tuna with me every weekend??? im literally there the entire time and i can't evne leave to go by some healthy food

Flexxo
09-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Split it down to like 70/30 or something. Take 30% of your daily eats (Or even more if you ask me, personally) to enjoy some food with her and her family. Fellowship and time spent with ones you care about is far superior and more precious than dieting.

Pack some mixed nuts and fruits.
Think of calorie intake over the period of a week. Skimp on some days so that the weekend cal intake isn't as bad.

The less you stress, the better you're off.

soundcheck129
09-26-2009, 11:34 AM
You could always try cooking for them. And you don't have to drink 30 beers when you go out. And it's really the overall calories that are doing you in, not just the carbohydrates.

TheElephantman
09-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok so every week i work my a$$ off in the gym. i eat right get enough protein, the right amount of carbs and everything seems to just be falling into place. when everything goes well i see amazing gains. then the weekend comes and every weekend i go over to my gf house, she lives like an hour away so i usually just stay there from friday night till sunday afternoon. they eat terrible. Breakfast usually consists of about 6 pieces of white bread covered in jelly and tea. or coffee. lunch is normally something along the lines of a hotdog and hamburger, fried rice and more bread. dinner is chinese or pizza. im actually in santiago chile and every meal here consists of like tons and tons of carbs. im trying to cut down to 8 percent bf but with these meals on the weekends its setting me back alot. so instead of having a good week of dieting with one cheat meal, i have 5 solid days of nutrition and weekends are terrible. on top of all that she wants to go out and party like every weekend..i have no problem partying actually i love it, but after two nights of that, its like a million calories from beer. So how do i get her and her mom to eat better. they are super skinny and can load up on carbs and actually both of them routinely sit down and eat a pack of cookies and a coke for a snack. Also my gf doesn't even like that i diet, she likes having fat bf so talking to her is a waste of time. so help plz.

seems like its more your problem then theirs bring your own food then, your the one with the goals

ViktorM
09-26-2009, 01:31 PM
For any comfort, you are looking pretty lean

powhippie
09-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Split it down to like 70/30 or something. Take 30% of your daily eats (Or even more if you ask me, personally) to enjoy some food with her and her family. Fellowship and time spent with ones you care about is far superior and more precious than dieting.

Pack some mixed nuts and fruits.
Think of calorie intake over the period of a week. Skimp on some days so that the weekend cal intake isn't as bad.

The less you stress, the better you're off.

ok man, repped ill give it a try and see what happens