PDA

View Full Version : Cal vs Oregon Predictions

jumpman023
09-25-2009, 07:46 AM
This is one of the biggest games in the PAC-10, and could be very interesting depending on which Jeremiah Masoli (Oregon QB) shows up. I think Cal takes this by 10 with the score being tied, or Oregon perhaps LEADING at halftime, but I don't think OR's defense can stop Best for 4 quarters. What do you guys think?

jumpman023
09-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Cal takes it in a very close game.

Oregon has been less than impressive this year but playing in Eugene is a huge advantage. This being a Pac-10 opener should make this game tougher as well.

It's hard to tell how good Cal really is right now. They squeaked one out in Minnesota last week and had some rough spots.

Overall, I don't think Oregon's defense is going to be able to stop Cal's offense enough for them to win.

Yeah, I personally think Cal is a bit overrated at the moment. If it wasn't for Jahvid's beast of a game and some Minnesota turnovers, they could have lost to a very average Big 10 school. The thing is, if Oregon plays the way they have these last 3 games, I don't see this even being close just because Jahvid Best is so damn good. That's why this will either be extremely tight (if The Ducks limit turnovers, can actually PASS, LaMichael James has another solid game and isn't just a flash in the pan), or an utter blowout.

joelz54_99
09-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Oregon will win. Cal is putting all their chips in the running game and Oregon will stop it.

DoubtErased
09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I was thinking about calling this an upset game also

I say Oregon over Cal

snakehips31
09-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Pain!!

jumpman023
09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Oregon will win. Cal is putting all their chips in the running game and Oregon will stop it.

HA I know right? Kevin Riley isn't a great QB at all. That guy went to my high school and I can tell you that he's a complete idiot as well. I wonder how he survives at a school like Berkeley, which is one of THE toughest schools grades-wise in the world lol.

I say Oregon over Cal

I have to go with my gut and take Cal, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that Jeremiah Masoli will have a good game. I doubt it will be enough to win though.

shiznut123
09-25-2009, 11:57 AM
HA I know right? Kevin Riley isn't a great QB at all. That guy went to my high school and I can tell you that he's a complete idiot as well. I wonder how he survives at a school like Berkeley, which is one of THE toughest schools grades-wise in the world lol.

I have to go with my gut and take Cal, but I do have a sneaking suspicion that Jeremiah Masoli will have a good game. I doubt it will be enough to win though.

Did you know Nate Longshore didn't get his degree and got expelled...After 5 years at Cal? lol

Anyways, this is going to be a close one for Cal but I predict they'll win by 2 field goals.

YouthGoneWild
09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Are they playing at Cal or at Oregon? Regardless, I'll take the Ducks on this one.

lollercopter
09-25-2009, 12:07 PM

lol, he was in one of my classes last year, and he NEVER paid any attention during lecture... it was pretty funny.

Did you know Nate Longshore didn't get his degree and got expelled...After 5 years at Cal? lol

haha seriously? wonder what he's up to now... no degree, no nfl contract.

as for the game, i'm gonna go with a close cal win... not feeling too confident, though.

jumpman023
09-25-2009, 02:38 PM
lol, he was in one of my classes last year, and he NEVER paid any attention during lecture... it was pretty funny.

haha seriously? wonder what he's up to now... no degree, no nfl contract.

as for the game, i'm gonna go with a close cal win... not feeling too confident, though.

Do you go to Cal?

What's with Cal people not being confident? I know Cal has areas where they need to improve, but Masoli was 4/16 with 2 fumbles. Oregon has been an extremely disappointing team, which is sad because they really had a great shot at the PAC-10 if their passing game wasn't so atrocious. With the way we played against Okie State last year, I really thought we could beat USC, but it's going to be an uphill battle now. I think Cal wins by no less than 10, although it will be closer than the score indicates.

BNR
09-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm going with CAL, Oregon is gonna have trouble with best, and Riley looked pretty good at Minnesota

cncman
09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Oregon over cal, cal beats usc and drops them outta nat'l title run

skinny buckeye
09-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Anyways, this is going to be a close one for Cal but I predict they'll win by 2 field goals.

are u serious? i just assumed longshore graduated. I read somewhere he tried out for the dolphins. what were they thinking. he was terrible

skinny buckeye
09-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Do you go to Cal?

What's with Cal people not being confident? I know Cal has areas where they need to improve, but Masoli was 4/16 with 2 fumbles. Oregon has been an extremely disappointing team, which is sad because they really had a great shot at the PAC-10 if their passing game wasn't so atrocious. With the way we played against Okie State last year, I really thought we could beat USC, but it's going to be an uphill battle now. I think Cal wins by no less than 10, although it will be closer than the score indicates.

Cal has a long culture of losing. Tedford has done a tremendous job, but they still havent gotten past their culture of finding a way to blow a good season. i hope this year is it.

I graduated Cal and I remember every year there was suppsed to be "the year" that Cal put together a great season. every year they screwed it up somehow. Mariucci was the new head coach and he won his first 2 or 3 games and then lost the rest of the season. LOL.

Cal seems to have the real team this year, but I think most cal folks have just seen so many years of disappointment to believe it yet. Personally i think Cal will beat USC and has a solid chance at rose bowl. But they rely too much on Best. we'll see. I think cal wins by 7 this week.

BNR
09-25-2009, 10:23 PM
^ Riley has actually been pretty good so far

TheFranchise55
09-25-2009, 10:56 PM
wow i had no idea masoli went to the same hs as tom brady and barry bonds. and this dude also transferred from ccsf.

BC02
09-26-2009, 07:10 AM
oregon over cal, cal beats usc and drops them outta nat'l title run oregon will win this one and are going to be the pac 10 champs

Dan916
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
cal gets over-hyped every single year.

DoubtErased
09-26-2009, 03:35 PM

I say Oregon over Cal

We were right

btw Joelz your on a roll

skinny buckeye
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
another blown season for Cal.... just like clockwork