PDA

View Full Version : newbie needing assistance

fromfattofit
09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
hi all,

i am 6ft tall, and 120kgs. (260 pounds). i am a 25 year old male and have always been overweight but now is the time i am going to transform my body.
i have alot of spare time on my hands as i am a university student and dont work only on weekends. i do muay thai 3 nights a week but other then that am unactive, i usually spend the day on the computer or watching videos. but now i want to change my body.
here is what i am planning, can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with this.
monday to friday,
wake up at 6am. go for a 30 min walk/jog (walk 100 metres, jog 100 metres).until i get fit enough for constant jogging.
8am go for a 1 hour walk, nothing too special just walk.
3pm do weights, havent developed a program yet going to do further research.
6pm go to muay thai on the nights it is on, the other 2 nights go for another 30 min jog/walk.

does this sound good at all?
as for food, well i dont eat overly bad. i dont like junk foods and eat alot of the right stuff but i know i have too much, i just plan on cutting the portion size to a normal humans size lol.
what about vitamins? is there any i need to take?
what about muscle? i have been told by a fairly unreliable source to not bother doing weights until i have lost all my weight as i wont keep the muscle.
is there anything else i should be thinking of?
thanks in advance.

beyondbasic
09-23-2009, 09:29 PM
all the exercise in the world means NOTHING without diet.

jonathan02us
09-24-2009, 12:41 AM
I agree, you can work out till your blue in the face but if your diet is off, you will have the hardest time in achieving your goals. One of the keys I've found to help me with my diet was to track it. I use fitday to track my food and workout, and it has done wonders because I can actually see how many calories I took in for the day and the break down of those calories. Start with keeping track of your food and get the diet on check, because loosing weight always starts in the kitchen. After you mastered that, work on the workout routine and then your off to the races.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions, and Ill try to guide you in the right direction.

imranumer
09-24-2009, 12:49 AM
all the exercise in the world means NOTHING without diet.

Yes I also agree with this statement, BodyBuilding.com is the best place that give you the best knowledge about the fitness. I suggest you to read the book "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscles" by Tom Venuto. Its gives that best information...

fromfattofit
09-26-2009, 09:14 PM
thanks for the replies,
i have been looking into it all a whole lot more, basically i have a routine figured out and am looking for advice.

6am wakeup breakfast, nutrigrain with some low fat milk.
1 hour walk.

9am snack, fruit.

12 midday chicken breast or tuna or light ham with small amount of veg.

2pm fruit or boiled egg snack.

3pm weights (still investigating)

5pm lean meat and salad.

6.30pm muay thai/ jog.

9pm fruit.

10pm bed.

i am wanting to lose weight but tone as i dont want to have alot of loose skin. my goal is around 1kg a week. i will alter this to add extra exercise if needed. i am just looking to see if anyone thinks that this is an ok plan.

also i was told creatine should only be used when bulking, but read in a few articles here people use it while losing weight. should i take it yet?

any help would be great thanks.