PDA

View Full Version : Low/ No fat?

iewed
09-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Basically on my diet I'm getting ~140g of protein, ~150g carbs, but like 30g of fat. Is this ok, or should I try to get more? What would be some good sources of fat, my primary source comes from the cream cheese I have in the morning.

EDIT: After further inspection I've found my primary source of fat is from 2% milk.

IronAlex
09-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Almonds or any sort of nut, fish, and avacado are all great examples of where you can get good fats from (omega-3 and what not). I usually go for a 40/40/20 split (40% of my cals from Protein, 40% from carbs and 20% from fats) but it's really up to you, just know that fat wont make you fat just too many calories will and since 1g of fat has 9 cals sometimes people like to blame it.

jonathan02us
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
If you want to loose weight, its very simple. Its just about calories in vs calories out, as long as you are eating less than what your burning, then you will loose weight. Now to keep the muscles you have, you typically want to take in anywhere from 1-1.5grams of protein per body weight. After figuring that out, you can work the rest with your carbs and fats. I was doing the 40/40/20 for that last 5-6 months, but now I'm carb cycling to kick me out of my plateau and it's working nicely. Good luck!

Maikeri
09-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Almonds or any sort of nut, fish, and avacado are all great examples of where you can get good fats from (omega-3 and what not). I usually go for a 40/40/20 split (40% of my cals from Protein, 40% from carbs and 20% from fats) but it's really up to you, just know that fat wont make you fat just too many calories will and since 1g of fat has 9 cals sometimes people like to blame it.

you can also add some peanut butter. this is probably my favorite source of fat that i get

conwaylucas
09-21-2009, 03:01 PM
low fat diets are sooooo 1990's.....

j/k but yea, dont skip on the fats ( except trans ) lowering carbs will help with weight loss, lowering fat really wont do a lot

cals in vs. cals out

iewed
09-21-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm not purposely trying to have a low fat diet, it just sort of happened because of what I eat (or don't).

beyondbasic
09-21-2009, 11:40 PM
id honestly up the fat by a lot, and drop the carbs by a lot. youd see results MUCH faster.