PDA

View Full Version : How long from 25% to 15%????

Volkan_Kurt
09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
If I was eating around 700 calories under my maintainence, having 1g protein per lbm (muscle mass). And drinking about 3L water per day, no cheat days. I am currently doing this, and have been for 2 weeks, I can't really tell if I am seeing changes, but it has been said you can't judge fat loss until 3 weeks. (maybe i've lost about under a KG in that 2 weeks considering I live in australia and the weighing machine shows in KG wise)

How long do you think it would take as in weeks?

Also, if I am cutting, would working out with weights 5 times a week show more results or 3 days a week. I've heard people saying 3 or 4 days max with weights, but I see people at the gym going for 5-6 days a week lifting weights.... I don't get it?

thanks

Candice_B
09-21-2009, 01:46 AM
700kcal below maintenance sounds a lot to me.

Don't trust the scale, trust the pictures.
Take a pic of yourself every 2 weeks or so.

Weight training frequency depends on your routine.
What is it like ?

Ferios
09-21-2009, 04:03 AM
If I was eating around 700 calories under my maintainence, having 1g protein per lbm (muscle mass). And drinking about 3L water per day, no cheat days. I am currently doing this, and have been for 2 weeks, I can't really tell if I am seeing changes, but it has been said you can't judge fat loss until 3 weeks. (maybe i've lost about under a KG in that 2 weeks considering I live in australia and the weighing machine shows in KG wise)

How long do you think it would take as in weeks?

Also, if I am cutting, would working out with weights 5 times a week show more results or 3 days a week. I've heard people saying 3 or 4 days max with weights, but I see people at the gym going for 5-6 days a week lifting weights.... I don't get it?

thanks

Well 700 under maintenance is fine. This should net you 1.4 lbs a week. As far as seeing the weight loss. It could take 2-3 months before you REALLy see it. One way to tell is if your clothes are getting bigger. This will happen in the first month.

When your cutting you don't want to overdo the weights as this can lead to injury. Personally I like 4 days a week. I have tried 6 and I get so exhausted. But in the end it's all up to you. If you can do it safely, go right ahead.

Volkan_Kurt
09-21-2009, 04:23 AM
thanks for the post guys.

so i wont be seeing weight loss for 2-3 months?...

Enigma1098
09-21-2009, 05:00 AM
everyone is different, its possible to see weight loss in 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months it just depends on what you consider "weight loss"

for me I consider that body fat, I saw changes in 4 weeks in the mirror. Work out with weights 3x a week. Maintain your diet and if you want to speed the process up do some cardio.

Ditching the scale and worrying about that number will also help

IceCube43
09-21-2009, 05:01 AM
thanks for the post guys.

so i wont be seeing weight loss for 2-3 months?...

I think what he meant by "seeing" is that for guys, when you're between (range depends on the person) 12-18%bf, you look basically the same. You really have to get to 12% to SEE change in your body.

Dominikm
09-21-2009, 05:03 AM
I lift 3x a week on a full body works out and I got hard on those lifts. If you lift 5x a week it generally means you will be doing a split. It's really your choice but in the first year of lifting your body is so new to lifting you just need to lift the weight and you will see results so save yourself the excess time in the gym and lift 3x a week for a full body workout.

Generally you will not see 'real' results in the mirror untill your at a lower bf% so for now go hard and take photo's monthy, you may not see the results in the mirror but you will look at that 1st months photo and think damn!

Good luck ;)

P.S. 700 defecit? Is see you listened and did some reading, not talking about just eating 1000cals from mcdonalds ;) good stuff ;)

Ripnlean
09-21-2009, 08:40 AM
If you stick with it from 25 to 15% should take you roughly a half a year if you stick with it

as far as the split, try 3 days a week if you are not too exhausted than go for 4 days a week, but only after 4-6 weeks of running any workout!
The people doing 5-6 days a week are probably bulking or just working out single body parts per workout which IMO hinders their full progress potential as they are not burning as many calories as split sessions would. Also 3-4 days per week workouts should be more than enough to complete all of the compound movements on each seperate days. remember to focus on compound movements and keep isolation to a minimum, I know there is many isolation for the arms specifically so you can't get away from that but also remember about your compound> Squat, deadlift, bench, close grip bench, etc...

Dominikm
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
6 months you recon? That gives me some kind of time frame to aim for also I guess as my last pic's I posted gave me 25% approx, I take it as it comes and am down a few kg's on the scale in 6 weeks but it shows in the mirror that i've had 1kg "fat" loss a week, lifts are up quite a big and muscle look bigger so i'm happy with only half of the fat being represented as scale weight.

You should also take it as it comes Volkan_Kurt, what will you do if you don't make it to 22% BF in 7 weeks and are 8kg lighter, get pissed off and binge and fall off track? That's why you just stick to it and take it as it comes, if your progress halts for a few weeks you lower your cals a bit and/or add a bit/or add more cardio and watch the fat melt again :)

Fat loss is a mind game, he who can control his mind in this game will be the winner and cross the finish line, controling the mind game - sticking to a deficit as 90% of your progress is diet and it's all uphill form here ;)

RedSoxfan1978
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Everyone is different.

I went from a weight of 270lbs at 30%+ bodyfat down to 215 at 14% BF in 8 months. BUT I had muscle memory on my side, and had my diet and training perfect from day one. I have done this before and knew what NOT to do etc ...

Now Im losing weight again after gained a bunch back over the last two years. So everyone is different here.

The thing I noticed before anything was I could FEEL my muscles every before I could see it in the mirror, with a BF of 30% you WONT see any muscles LOL!
The other big thing was my clothes and how they fit. My shirts got tighter in the shoulders, arms and chest, and looser in the stomach area. My jeans, same thing, just kept getting looser on me.

So go by how you feel, and how your clothes fit, before you go on how you "look" because in the first few months of training, you might not see those changes just yet in the mirror or in pictures.

Stay the course, it all happens in due time.