PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with the refs?

Hishiad
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Week 1 the big thing was the non-TD for the Raiders vs the Chargers.

This week 2 plays in the Titans/Texans game. First Jacoby Jones is given a TD in which he dropped the ball (like the Raiders player) in the endzone.

The 2nd was a muffed punt return. This one was a big shift. The guy doesn't call for a fair catch and has the ball bounce off his chest and caught by the Titan player. But apparently the rule requires you to let the ball actually hit the ground on a muff otherwise the returner still needs 2 yds space to catch the ball. So not only did the texans keep the ball, but they got a 15 yd penalty that took it from inside the 10 to the 25 yard line.

/rant

jkeithc82
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
This week 2 plays in the Titans/Texans game. First Jacoby Jones is given a TD in which he dropped the ball (like the Raiders player) in the endzone.

Uh, that was a catch bro. He dropped the ball after he hit the ground.

The 2nd play was within the rules. I was unaware of the rule myself.

U mad?

Hishiad
09-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Uh, that was a catch bro. He dropped the ball after he hit the ground.

The 2nd play was within the rules. I was unaware of the rule myself.

U mad?

Negged :)

Nah we played like ****. I mean Chris Johnson breaks 3 huge plays and what do we do? Start giving Lendale "fat ass" white the ball. Sounds like a smart move to me...with the lead rather than give the ball to the guy who's winning the game for you we instead sub him out (not hurt or making mistakes) to give Lendale some carries.

jkeithc82
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Negged :)

Nah we played like ****. I mean Chris Johnson breaks 3 huge plays and what do we do? Start giving Lendale "fat ass" white the ball. Sounds like a smart move to me...with the lead rather than give the ball to the guy who's winning the game for you we instead sub him out (not hurt or making mistakes) to give Lendale some carries.

Actually I thought you guys played good. It was a shootout and the main play was Collin's fumble at the end.

Had the Texans lost this game there would be blood in the streets here in Houston lol.

Hishiad
09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Actually I thought you guys played good. It was a shootout and the main play was Collin's fumble at the end.

Had the Texans lost this game there would be blood in the streets here in Houston lol.

The rematch will be fun to watch ;)

Yeah Kerry dropped the ball (LITERALLY) was an exciting game I just HATE LenDale White. Wish we didn't have his lazy ass on our team.

Hishiad
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I wish Slaton would wake up like the passing game finally did.

I have him in both of my fantasy leagues and I'm just holding tight at this point...he's produced, but hasn't really broken out yet.

iliveinjersey
09-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Week 1 the big thing was the non-TD for the Raiders vs the Chargers.

The 2nd was a muffed punt return. This one was a big shift. The guy doesn't call for a fair catch and has the ball bounce off his chest and caught by the Titan player. But apparently the rule requires you to let the ball actually hit the ground on a muff otherwise the returner still needs 2 yds space to catch the ball. So not only did the texans keep the ball, but they got a 15 yd penalty that took it from inside the 10 to the 25 yard line.

/rant

refs- part of the game/

Hishiad
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
refs- part of the game/

I think I'm just annoyed that the catch/TD call has went two different ways. I still don't know how or why the Raiders didn't count.