PDA

View Full Version : I'm not losing anything...

SmoKa
09-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I really need some help...I have been dieting big time for about 4-5 months, on top of that ive started to actually get my butt up and workout for about 2 months now...i havent lost NOT 1 DAMN POUND.....It's making me real depressed, and I just need help....everybody tells me to just "keep going" but whne you see no results...you don't want to "keep going" you just want to stop trying. I really need some advice or help on what I'm doing wrong. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week...makes no sense how i see no results. If somebody can help me I would appreciate it... Thanx

BunkMoreland
09-20-2009, 02:55 PM
nutrition is 90% of it. count your calories, i bet you're taking in a lot more than u think

www.fitday.com

DScioscia83
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Don't just count your calories. How many grams of protein/carbs/fats do you get a day? What's a day's worth of food look like for you?

th3pwn3r
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I really need some help...I have been dieting big time for about 4-5 months, on top of that ive started to actually get my butt up and workout for about 2 months now...i havent lost NOT 1 DAMN POUND.....It's making me real depressed, and I just need help....everybody tells me to just "keep going" but whne you see no results...you don't want to "keep going" you just want to stop trying. I really need some advice or help on what I'm doing wrong. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week...makes no sense how i see no results. If somebody can help me I would appreciate it... Thanx

Do not judge results by what the scale tells you. Sometimes you can completely change your body without losing a pound on the scale, there may be drastic change but WEIGHT will remain the same.

SmoKa
09-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't just count your calories. How many grams of protein/carbs/fats do you get a day? What's a day's worth of food look like for you?

Ive been trying to limit my calories, watching how much i take in and everything...I don't get it....I'm not a junk food lover...never have been. I eat a bagel in the morning, or a bowl of oatmeal. For lunch will probably be salmon w/ veggies, or fruit, or nothing at all due to my work schedule.., i go to the gym after work...when i come home i probably make a sandwich and then im knocked out...thats my entire day....maybe i need to change what i eat?? It's hard when you work on 5th ave in Manhattan and everything is 10 or better for lunch......

And you're right I shouldnt judge that stupid scale....but it's so hard you know?? Especially since I've been in the gym hardbody. I'm so dedicated to getting fit again, maybe i just need to look into a whole new diet plan??

confidenceNsuccess
09-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Look man, here what you need to do and stay on top of:

1. Go here: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and enter in your weight/height/activity level ect.. get your daily maintenance rate of calories and reduce that by -500 and that's the amount of calories you should consume every day, you MUST make sure you consume that if you want to lose 2lbs a week(which is healthy)

2. eat every 3 hours

3. Drink 1 gallon of water a day and 3x protein shakes

4. make SURE you do cardio atleast 3x to 4x a week for 30 minutes

5. consume 1g of protein per LB, ex: you should consume 238 grams of protein per day

6. stay clean on your foods, stay away from high carbohydrate foods like bagels and bread and switch to complex carbs, like wheat breads and high protein beans ect..

7. workout atleast 3x a week, i know your doing 5-6. you might want to just stick to core workouts like deadlifts, benching and squats(Rippetoes program) so you can build strength up for when you get to your goal and start bulking and cutting

I will add more if i think anything or anyone else can add in but This should guarantee your losing fat.

Goodluck man, I'm doing this stuff also

jShock
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Ive been trying to limit my calories, watching how much i take in and everything...I don't get it....I'm not a junk food lover...never have been. I eat a bagel in the morning, or a bowl of oatmeal. For lunch will probably be salmon w/ veggies, or fruit, or nothing at all due to my work schedule.., i go to the gym after work...when i come home i probably make a sandwich and then im knocked out...thats my entire day....maybe i need to change what i eat?? It's hard when you work on 5th ave in Manhattan and everything is 10 or better for lunch......

And you're right I shouldnt judge that stupid scale....but it's so hard you know?? Especially since I've been in the gym hardbody. I'm so dedicated to getting fit again, maybe i just need to look into a whole new diet plan??

A BAGEL!!! thats = to like...a loaf of bread....I WISH I COULD HAVE A BAGEL

kingofswing01
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
A BAGEL!!! thats = to like...a loaf of bread....I WISH I COULD HAVE A BAGEL

HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously....

sleet83
09-20-2009, 06:36 PM

Use fitday. Don't worry about eating every 3 hours or whatever, eat around your schedule. Each meal you should have Protein and Carbs together. Here's an example of my current mealplan:

Breakfast:
2/3 cup Oats
1 cup 1% milk
1 scoop Whey
2 TBSP Peanut Butter
3 Eggs scrambled

Lunch:
4-5oz of Turkey
2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
1 Apple

Pre-Workout Shake:
1 cup Milk
1 Banana
1 scoop Whey

Post-Workout:
1 Apple

Dinner:
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Potato or 1 1/2 cup Veggies

Before Bed:
1 cup Milk
2 TBSP Ground Flax Seed
1 scoop Casein
1 Banana

1. All of this adds up to just over 2000 calories. My current maintenance is 2600~. You want to be at least 500 below your maintenance.
2. Switch up your calorie intake. On my off days I cut out the pre-workout shake and sometimes even lunch if I get up late enough, I'll just have breakfast and between dinner maybe a slice of bread with some peanut butter. This will drop my calorie intake to under 1000 calories below maintenance. You need to trick your body and change it up. Other days I'll eat at my maintenance.. etc..
3. Don't expect results immediately.
4. Weigh yourself in the same manner each time. Do it first thing in the morning. If you take a dump before it usually, then do that. It can make a difference in your weight. I typically do my 'official' weights in these conditions to ensure I'm getting the correct numbers.
5. Keep at it. It will take you a bit to get used to the regimen and you'll find out later that you did some stupid ****. You just have to pull yourself up and keep going man.

Cliff notes:

If you continue to not lose weight, drop your caloric intake. See: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113693871

I've been doing this since late June and have dropped well over 20 pounds and have gained alot of strength and some muscle.

Good luck man. :)

ForceFan27
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
It's this simple...eat fewer calories.

ProTec
09-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Post-Workout:
1 Apple

No protein post workout? :(

Bobooshka
09-20-2009, 06:45 PM
simply eating too much bro, count your calories! the weight will fall off you i promise...

sleet83
09-20-2009, 08:22 PM
No protein post workout? :(

Nah, my dinner is ~45m later and it's the chicken breast/veggies. If I didn't eat for a couple hours after working out I would toss a shake together.

-=Spitfire=-
09-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Go on a 31 Day Cardio challenge, then dare to come back and say you didn't lose a pound.

I lost 10.

make sure it's not some 10 minute treadmill walk either. Hit up the Arc Trainer for 30 minutes on level 6 or 7.

DScioscia83
09-21-2009, 08:50 AM

What you are describing as a diet is no where near even being healthy. You are probably getting somewhere around 1100 calories (give or take) per day depending on how much of everything you eat. You are actually starving yourself and barely getting any nutritional value what so ever. Like one of the previous posters said you need 1g protein/lb of body weight meaning 238g/day. You should start there and try to get that up. I see it is hard for you to eat on a schedule, but you need to try to eat more times a day. I can tell you right now that if you are going to the gym it would be beneficial to you to get a shaker bottle and bring some whey protein with you so you can get it in you once you are done with your workout. This will not only give you your much needed protein, but add another meal time to your schedule. Try getting something in you right now at least 4 times a day and work it up from there. And you should be trying to get about 55g protein in every one of those meals so you evenly spread it through the day. I know it is hard, but you can do it. Take some steps like this and you will start feeling better. These are just some of the things you should try to start with.

SmoKa
09-21-2009, 11:37 AM
What you are describing as a diet is no where near even being healthy. You are probably getting somewhere around 1100 calories (give or take) per day depending on how much of everything you eat. You are actually starving yourself and barely getting any nutritional value what so ever. Like one of the previous posters said you need 1g protein/lb of body weight meaning 238g/day. You should start there and try to get that up. I see it is hard for you to eat on a schedule, but you need to try to eat more times a day. I can tell you right now that if you are going to the gym it would be beneficial to you to get a shaker bottle and bring some whey protein with you so you can get it in you once you are done with your workout. This will not only give you your much needed protein, but add another meal time to your schedule. Try getting something in you right now at least 4 times a day and work it up from there. And you should be trying to get about 55g protein in every one of those meals so you evenly spread it through the day. I know it is hard, but you can do it. Take some steps like this and you will start feeling better. These are just some of the things you should try to start with.

Thanks...you probably had the best advice yet....btw im not a MAN.......but as you can see I have no idea what food is bad and what food isnt.....im gonna try your advice though

harisplayer
09-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I really need some help...I have been dieting big time for about 4-5 months, on top of that ive started to actually get my butt up and workout for about 2 months now...i havent lost NOT 1 DAMN POUND.....It's making me real depressed, and I just need help....everybody tells me to just "keep going" but whne you see no results...you don't want to "keep going" you just want to stop trying. I really need some advice or help on what I'm doing wrong. I go to the gym 5-6 times a week...makes no sense how i see no results. If somebody can help me I would appreciate it... Thanx Listen to what spitfire said, and the reason why your NOT losing anything is because you probably eat alot and do very LESS cardio, it's just soo simple to lose weight, just have to eat LESS do MORE CARDIO, do it for 31 days straight, I promise you will lose at least 10 - 12 pounds, and you have to work your ass off like he did because he did straight up cardio for 30 -60 mins straight and he lost alot and so can you, take my advice and just do it I promise you that your gonna lose alot if you do what I said.

carrick.
09-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Usually being clever about your diet is more effective than working hard in the gym.

Dennis71
09-21-2009, 07:02 PM
as stated..

Diet is more important than working out

beyondbasic
09-21-2009, 07:03 PM

you dont NEED macros to lose weight its just beneficial for best health and muscle maintaining. he hes at a deficit he'd lose weight regardless of macros.

carrick.
09-21-2009, 07:03 PM
as stated..

Diet is more important than working out

Off topic but your progress is amazing.

Dennis71
09-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Off topic but your progress is amazing.

thank you

DScioscia83
09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
you dont NEED macros to lose weight its just beneficial for best health and muscle maintaining. he hes at a deficit he'd lose weight regardless of macros.

She is in too much of a deficit, starving your body is different than being in a deficit. She is going to store what she eats as fat so it has a reserve for later. And on top of that she might lose weight at the beginning and hit a brick wall that she might not be able to get out of because her metabolic rate will drop too much. Lets just say she is only eat 1000 calories a day and all of a sudden hops it back up to what she was eating before, just for the sake of things we will say 2800. Do you know what her body will do with those calories? I let you answer that. You are right you don't NEED macros to lose weight, but you can either do it right or not, it's up to you. We can either tell a person to just lower their calories and not guide them in the right direction or we can help a person get out of the situation properly. And also you might want to read through the entirety of the post because everyone is calling her a "he".

And why did you make the assumption that I said she needed the macros? I asked what her protein/carbs/fats looked like as well as her daily diet.