PDA

View Full Version : This is me at my all-time best-how skinny-fat do I still look?

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey everybody; after 6 weeks of diet and exercise to get ripped/ lose my tyre and moobs, I would like to know:

? How much progress I have made since my latest bodyspace pics
? How much progress I have made since July 2008 (see pics plus attached winRAR video)
? How skinny-fat I look in the following pics e.g. how bad my moobs and tyre look (the first set is me before this diet and the second set is me after) The first set of pics is the before pics:

The cutting diet I have followed for 6 weeks was:

Approx 1375 kcals:- 1875kcal is roughly my RMR since I was 175.5 lbs and (according to LINK where I always add 2.5% since it is normally lower than my true bodyfat) 22.5% bodyfat . I ate approximately 136g protein (1g per pound lean bodyweight) except on workout days when post-weights workout I had 25-30g whey and 30-35g simple carbs).
The diet I followed was semi-paleolithic. I basically cut out dairy ,wheat, legumes and fresh soya:-I notice much water retention if I eat the above foods. I don?t eat fruit and I don?t like leafy green veggies,carrots or aubergines.

The diet was: 1.A baked (microwaved) potato (medium-large sized/40-60g carbs) for breakfast with 25-35g protein and a tablespoon monounsaturated spread/almond butter 2. ? of a whey protein shake (10-15g), 3. 1 large sweet potato (30-40g carbs) with 25-35g protein and 1 tablespoon monounsaturated spread/almond butter, 4. another ? of a whey protein shake, and 5. dinner (30-45g protein with veggies). I had my postworkout protein and carbs normally before dinner.

I also drank a minimum of 2 litres of water and had green tea or a fat metaboliser tablet at breakfast and lunch. I took my multivitamins and minerals in supplement form too, as well as 1000mg omega 3 fish oils and glucosamine sulphate when required.

Now, the workout.

On most exercises I did 3 sets; the first set was 15-20 reps and a warm up, the second was 1-2 seconds positive reps and 2-4 seconds on the negative (HIT seemed to work well for me on most bodyparts), the third rep was for my explosiveness and speed to help my kickboxing; that was a 2-6 rep set with explosive lifts with a weight I would normally use for warm ups.
On stubborn bodyparts I did 4-5 normal sets with higher rep ranges since volume is good for them.
There were 2 workouts with 2-4 days rest between them.

Workout 1:

Clean and Press (warm up/ 8-12 reps/power reps)
Deadlifts (warm up/8-12 reps/ 1 set of bodyweight tuck-jumps and a static wall squat to finish my legs off)
Bent Over Row (warm up/6-10 reps/power reps)
Incline Press (warm up/6-10 reps/power reps)
4x Dumbbell Pullover (25-35 reps/15-25 reps/ 2-6 strength reps/ 15-25 reps)

Workout 2:

Clean and Press (warm up/ 8-12 reps/power reps)
Dumbbell Tricep Extensions (warm up/6-10 reps/power reps)
Bicep Curls (warm up/6-10 reps/power reps)
Dumbbell Lateral Raises going above parallel (warm up/6-10 reps/power reps/flushing static hold)
4x Calf Raises (25-35 reps/15-25 reps/ 2-6 strength reps/ 15-25 reps/flushing static hold)
4x Bicycle Crunches (high reps with bodyweight-never more than 30 as that?s all I could manage)

Cardio

60-90 minutes kickboxing/sport karate 2x a week.

As well as my pics,can you please judge if my increase in bodypart measurement/increase in strength over the last 1 and a half years was any good. I am really feeling low now considering I am nothing near any of my bodybuilding heroes and have done this as well as 2 20 week plans (the links to what I did before are below).

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6930321&page=1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6927601&page=1

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...2690401&page=1

P.S. If it is a big deal, I am a semi-vegetarian and eat meat only when I go out to dinner so my protein came from shakes,eggs,nuts, quorn mycoprotein and tofu (sparingly). I also never take creatine as my family has a history of kidney problems and my Grandmother and Grand Uncles/Grand Aunties had high levels of blood creatine when undergoing kidney operations.
I also take Sertraline (Zoloft/Lustral) and Erythromycin while I used to be on Minocycline (for acne). Do any of these medications stunt testosterone production/cause gynecomastia? My endocrinologist said the above 2 do not but I did not tell him about minocycline as I was not taking it at the time.

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Me now (not posing)

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Posing 1

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Piece d? resistance

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:15 PM
it's soo frustrating-on paper i'm improving but in image I hardly do-the best I did during this was reduce my flab size so I could flatten it with my hands for the pics

I do believe though-since last year, my tricep/bicep size has increased as well as shoulder/trap prominence and less moob prominence-but I take it my flab still detracts from it

Reloadguy
09-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Please stop pointing at your nipples, it's weird.

EDIT - you need to BULK, you have no muscle.

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Please stop pointing at your nipples, it's weird.

EDIT - you need to BULK, you have no muscle.

Whoops-I replied before the edit;

I was told by many of you before that I should focus on slimming down to a low bodyfat % before;-also, if I bulk too early, I don't know if i'll be adding fat-free mass-before when I used to bulk, my weight went up by 2lbs a week alongside strength and I was eating high protein foods,pre and post workout carbs,pre bed shakes,etc.

When I cut, I didn't reveal much of a change in muscle

Hence the reason I cut, to get rid of the flabs and moobs before adding muscle in the area that fat used to be

Lots of you tell me to cut while lots of you tell me to bulk!!!

P.S. Nipple pointing,drawing around them is pointing out what I belieive is gyno swelling.

th3pwn3r
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
You need to cut body fat and do a clean bulk for a few cycles. The order you do it in is totally up to you but I prefer leaning out before adding extra body fat that may possibly come along in my clean bulk.

ronki23
09-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I started dedicated program and diet consistently in July 2008. I did it before in August 2005-Summer 2006 but then it was infrequent on account of college.

But yeah,since 2008 I have been busting my ass doing this!

DScioscia83
09-20-2009, 02:27 PM
You definitely need to get some muscle on. Do you do weights at all?

Get your protein up, and eat your carbs at the right times and the right types. You don't necessarily need to go nuts on the carbs when bulking and in your case I would slowly add stuff back in because it looks like if you did have muscle your body used it up for energy. You don't want to just all of a sudden up your calories in one day, and definitely not the carbs if you have been low carbing. Start with upping your protein for the extra cals and start lifting.

ronki23
09-22-2009, 11:28 AM
This pic is one where I think i've improved my shoulders,traps and pec separation but I take it my flab still draws your attention away :(

I've tried everything now-idk what to do anymore.
Do any of the reasons I posted (under my diet) equate to me now building a quality physique?
I also have hypotonia-is that a factor?

Or are 2 six week cycles of bulking and 1 six week cycle of cutting the wrong way to do it? Should I just do 6 week cycles of exclusively bulking or cutting until I get to where I want to short/medium-term and then begin several six week cycles of cutting?

The only reason I do not like doing too many bulking cycles is because when I eat >1g protein per lb bodyweight, >1.5g carbs per pound bodyweight and >0.25g fat per pound bodyweight coupled with weight training a couple times a week, I add more than 2lbs weekly and that can't all be muscle!!!

bp2519
09-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Dude, what's with the weird posing and circling your nipples?

nsiegel5
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I really think you need to gain muscle and lots of it, anywhere and everywhere.
MUSCLE BURNS FAT 24/7 everyday all day it never ends.

DScioscia83
09-22-2009, 12:46 PM
This pic is one where I think i've improved my shoulders,traps and pec separation but I take it my flab still draws your attention away :(

I've tried everything now-idk what to do anymore.
Do any of the reasons I posted (under my diet) equate to me now building a quality physique?
I also have hypotonia-is that a factor?

Or are 2 six week cycles of bulking and 1 six week cycle of cutting the wrong way to do it? Should I just do 6 week cycles of exclusively bulking or cutting until I get to where I want to short/medium-term and then begin several six week cycles of cutting?

The only reason I do not like doing too many bulking cycles is because when I eat >1g protein per lb bodyweight, >1.5g carbs per pound bodyweight and >0.25g fat per pound bodyweight coupled with weight training a couple times a week, I add more than 2lbs weekly and that can't all be muscle!!!

Don't get discouraged, I am going to have to say you should see your doctor about possible ways to help build your muscle. Hypotonia could very well be the culprit here, but none of us are doctors; therefore, you should get professional opinions. Good luck!

ronki23
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
The nipple circling is to show what I believe is swelling via gynecomastia-my hormone levels are fine but my Doctor says I still have swellings that will go.

Hypotonia-is that a culprit to me not getting functionally bigger and stronger?

How do you know you're adding muscle and not fat? On my 2 20 week plans, I did 12 weeks of bulking on each of them (it went 6 weeks bulk-1 week off-6 weeks bulk with new routine-1 week off-6 weeks cut with new routine). I don't know how to add fat-free muscle without shortselling myself on adding mass. Plus I don't want to have to go to the gym 4x a week-3x was my ideal amount. I could have done 4x and I did most of the time but again, if I did 2 days weights and 2 days cardio, either i'd add 1-2lbs a week and get stronger but not look much more muscular OR i'll add no weight and still get stronger so HOW THE HECK DO I KNOW I'M ADDING MUSCLE WITH MINIMUM FAT?!!!

LoRdAc][d
09-22-2009, 01:50 PM
I think you need to do an all out bulk for at least 6-7 months. 500-1000 cals above maintenance. Plenty of carbs and protein.

Lashiec
09-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Muscle comes with fat, all part of eating above maintenance. So you just have to do it, unless you can do a really slow bulk, but it seems you've already been trying that and haven't gained much mass (from what I can see in the photos).

I sat around 170 for a long time trying to cut weight, it didn't happen. So I just got tired of cutting and decided to bulk. I don't really care about fat gain, in the end I can cut it off again and would be easier with more muscle.