PDA

View Full Version : This could be one of the hardest hits of all time

JuicintheJuice
09-17-2009, 08:24 AM
This is a 265 lb man being laid out. That takes a **** load of force. Imagine if this was a normal sized, 200-210 lb running back being hit! This is probably the only time you'll ever seen Jacobs being smacked to the ground.

Sh16xeNihDY

obviously it isn't the most spectacular hit, but in terms of force, this one is off the charts.

quietstormx1
09-17-2009, 08:27 AM
you know fletcher wasnt feeling too hot after that hit.

jkeithc82
09-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Create a gif, some of us are at work.

niospecv
09-17-2009, 08:57 AM
you know fletcher wasnt feeling too hot after that hit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hishiad
09-17-2009, 09:06 AM
create a gif, some of us are at work.

this!!!

BrawnySwoleman
09-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I saw that live, that was awesome. You never see him get thrown back, he almost always falls forward.

OrdoAbchao
09-17-2009, 09:16 AM
awesome hit but it is hard to tell who got the worst of it...seriously Fletcher looks dazed after that

89FoxBody
09-17-2009, 09:17 AM
He was mid stride, so it's not like he was driving forward at the time of the hit. Still pretty ridiculous though.

quietstormx1
09-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Create a gif, some of us are at work.

this!!!

i better get some mod reps for selling out my team :D

http://i27.tinypic.com/qof4ea.jpg

Hishiad
09-17-2009, 09:27 AM
nasty HIT!

Boagrius
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Sick hit by Fletcher. Too bad last year Jacobs absolutely plastered Landry.

(skins fan) (sad times)

Jyeatbvg
09-17-2009, 10:37 AM
neGsutVPOXw

JRRBadBoy4Life
09-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Both are nice, beautiful, clean hits. Decleaters, but not helmet to helmet or even helmet to shoulder so all four players get up unshaken afterwards. The thing is, if your going to hit someone like that you'd better knock them down and not whiff.

bustermac
09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Fletcher had 18 tackles in the game. He's one of the best defensive players in the NFL, but never gets the credit...he's never been to a Pro Bowl! That's a joke...he should make it this year though, adding Haynesworth is going to make his job easier.

Awesome hit...reps to OP.

ESPforMe
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Fletcher had 18 tackles in the game. He's one of the best defensive players in the NFL, but never gets the credit...he's never been to a Pro Bowl! That's a joke...he should make it this year though, adding Haynesworth is going to make his job easier.

I agree. He's been very good for a while now and I imagine with Albert in front of him he'll have some monster numbers

theACEofSPADES
09-17-2009, 11:22 AM
The only thing I was impressed with was the quality of the video

Jc1fOWyXgd0

NewYorkGiants
09-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I see your hit and I raise you

gMNRCqTEJDU

bustermac
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM

gMNRCqTEJDU

Re-run. We've seen that one. Yawn.

leafs43
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
The hardest hit I have ever seen was in '96-'97 (somewhere in that time period).

Bears vs. Raiders. Raiders were on the goal line. A hand off to Joe Aska. Bryan Cox comes flying in and slams into Aska. Now Aska is a 240 lbs half back, with a full head of steam. Cox hits him and kind of bounces off. Aska just stands there for about a second, like standing in one place, momentum completely stopped. Then without any further contact, Aska drops like a house of cards after that second elapses

It was the most viscous hit I have ever seen. I mean I still remember it after 12 years in complete detail. That's how brutal it was.

JuicintheJuice
09-17-2009, 11:47 AM

gMNRCqTEJDU

landry weighs about 190 lbs

NewYorkGiants
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
landry weighs about 190 lbs

Brandon Jacobs has ran over about half the league anyway, so...

mm55
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
He was mid stride, so it's not like he was driving forward at the time of the hit. Still pretty ridiculous though.

this^^^

It is a joke, Fletch is still a nasty linebacker.

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 02:09 PM

This

Still a lot of force going both ways on that hit.

SpiderSense
09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Hardest hit I ever saw was Vikings at Bears, I believe 05/06 season.

Right before half they hand it to I believe Aaron McKie for some FB dive to run the clock.

One of Minnesota's LB's must've shot the gap, hit McKie right in the gut and forced the fumble.

I mean it was a nasty hit, it looked like the guy just ran right through him with no resistance at all.

McKie got up, took like 2 wobbly steps, fell down to the ground and I think had to be carted off.

Iraq Attaq
09-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Jacobs popped right up. You don't just pop right up from the 'one of the hardest hits of all time'. lol

Was a nice hit but, it sounded worse than it was.

Now. that Dumas hit was sick! But, this one still makes me cringe:

V1vCZ6zt4Es

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Love this hit...

N9ZRBp4_WR4

mtomjr14
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
damn no reggie bush hit yet?

not the hardest of all time but still a badass hit

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdQUiZ6ioKw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdQUiZ6ioKw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Jahvid Best... Heisman contender this year.

Ouch. And puke.

LCO0sRPJEZ8

mtomjr14
09-17-2009, 04:15 PM
this is a good one...doesnt look too big at first but wait till the 1st replay...dude gets rocked

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqg9NjsdTkI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqg9NjsdTkI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
this is a good one...doesnt look too big at first but wait till the 1st replay...dude gets rocked

Daaaaaaaamn

And lol @ that being ruled a fumble

quietstormx1
09-17-2009, 04:29 PM

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn he literally got knocked back 5 or 6 yards.

mtomjr14
09-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Daaaaaaaamn

lol i'll take it :D

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn he literally got knocked back 5 or 6 yards.

yea and he was running full speed ahead too...fukkin crazy hit

21Classic
09-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Jacobs popped right up. You don't just pop right up from the 'one of the hardest hits of all time'. lol

V1vCZ6zt4Es

That **** looks like the worst helmet to helmet ever, i hope that got flagged

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 05:03 PM
That **** looks like the worst helmet to helmet ever, i hope that got flagged

That's called football. GTFO.

The helmet to helmet rule wasn't even around when that hit was made anyways.

Honestly I get SO FREAKING SICK of all the people whining about helmet to helmet hits.

"Omg their helmets touched each other throw the flag someone is gonna get hurt!".

21Classic
09-17-2009, 05:07 PM

Honestly I get SO FREAKING SICK of all the people whining about helmet to helmet hits.

"Omg their helmets touched each other throw the flag someone is gonna get hurt!".

have you ever played football?

REALLY doubt it unless you were the QB, lineman, or towel boy

the helmets are half as protective as you think

ask anquan boldin

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 05:09 PM
have you ever played football?

REALLY doubt it unless you were the QB, lineman, or towel boy

the helmets are half as protective as you think

ask anquan boldin

Actually I played linebacker for a D1 team, so I'm pretty sure I know what helmets protect and what they don't.

The last thing you're thinking when you see a WR running across the field is "oh no I better make sure my helmet doesn't hit his".

The hit in that video wasn't completely clean, but when you lead a receiver like that over the middle of the field, he's going to get his shiit cleaned.

People get hurt in football, I know that first hand, my neck is screwed because of it, but I'm not blaming it on people hitting me.

Grind4Mine
09-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks like we have the chart tracking, carry the linebackers water on time-outs on a D1 team, guy here

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Looks like we have the chart tracking, carry the linebackers water on time-outs on a D1 team, guy here

lol ok buddy

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
This shiit is classic.

Maybe they should both be flagged though, right? They both put their heads down.

Btw the Minnesota guy never played football again after this play and Penn State doesn't show the replay anywhere because of it.

_Quh63kQBUk

21Classic
09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Actually I played linebacker for a D1 team, so I'm pretty sure I know what helmets protect and what they don't.

The last thing you're thinking when you see a WR running across the field is "oh no I better make sure my helmet doesn't hit his".

The hit in that video wasn't completely clean, but when you lead a receiver like that over the middle of the field, he's going to get his shiit cleaned.

I am aware, I played LB too.

but in that video, that dude makes no attempt to make a shoulder tackle, he just throws his facemask into the side of that dudes head

"The last thing you're thinking when you see a WR running across the field is "oh no I better make sure my helmet doesn't hit his".- Im not consciously thinking that but im smart enough to know not to go head first into this guy for both our safeties. most of the time linebackers are the ones with concussions and broken spines because of hits like that

If he wasnt such a huge dude hittin that small WR, hed get normally ****ed up too

PatrickBateman1
09-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I am aware, I played LB too.

but in that video, that dude makes no attempt to make a shoulder tackle, he just throws his facemask into the side of that dudes head

"The last thing you're thinking when you see a WR running across the field is "oh no I better make sure my helmet doesn't hit his".- Im not consciously thinking that but im smart enough to know not to go head first into this guy for both our safeties. most of the time linebackers are the ones with concussions and broken spines because of hits like that

If he wasnt such a huge dude hittin that small WR, hed get normally ****ed up too

All depends on the positioning of the WR and whether or not he's braced for the hit.

I understand why the rule is in place and I agree that he would have been flagged on that play specifically if the rule had been it place, but it hadn't yet (video is quite a few years old). I just get so annoyed when people start crying 'helmet to helmet'. I guess there was reason to do so on that play, but it just gets annoying to hear.

ElBonemeister
09-17-2009, 05:54 PM
The hardest hit I have ever seen was in '96-'97 (somewhere in that time period).

Bears vs. Raiders. Raiders were on the goal line. A hand off to Joe Aska. Bryan Cox comes flying in and slams into Aska. Now Aska is a 240 lbs half back, with a full head of steam. Cox hits him and kind of bounces off. Aska just stands there for about a second, like standing in one place, momentum completely stopped. Then without any further contact, Aska drops like a house of cards after that second elapses

It was the most viscous hit I have ever seen. I mean I still remember it after 12 years in complete detail. That's how brutal it was.
reps if you can find this

SpiderSense
09-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I never played D1, hell I didn't even play in HS.

But I was always taught to "see what you hit".

bben147a
09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
2:10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3XGAR3-lcM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3XGAR3-lcM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not the hardest... i just like it cuz it was steve largent.... the guy he hits nailed him earlier in the season.... largent got his payback.

theACEofSPADES
09-17-2009, 06:38 PM

[youtube]V1vCZ6zt4Es[/youube]

I think the guy broke his jaw on the play

Jahvid Best... Heisman contender this year.

Ouch. And puke.

[youtube]LCO0sRPJEZ8[/youube]

Holy ****, you gotta take a massive hit to puke like that, damn

Iraq Attaq
09-17-2009, 06:46 PM
I think the guy broke his jaw on the play

That was a massive hit. Clean, too. Put his shoulder right in his gut. You know that had to have felt like taking a sledge hammer to the bread basket. lolol

Madsen89
09-17-2009, 07:58 PM

Probably concussed.

4QGKlluCU0o

Not a massive hit, but considering the lack of momentum, ridiculous.

bustermac
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
GeqRBjwTEjA

IraHays
10-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Daaaaaaaamn

I was at that game. What a great memory, poured rain the entire second half. Gators went on to crush Manning/vols.

If memory serves me correct, Florida fumbled on the very next play and Tenn got it back. lulz.

lrm546
10-26-2009, 08:42 AM
=Q-I4h0s2jnU

Considine
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM

Normally I would agree, but since I know a kid who died from helmet to helmet I'm inclined to disagree.